[FM11] First ever real career

jackw1990

Ok guys so I've been playing since Champ manager 01/02, but I've never really done a full career where I start out as a nobody and try and work my way up through the leagues. This is about to change! Having just finished college and having broken two metatarsals meaning I can't go to work, I have plenty of time to invest into this. I've setup the game with leagues from England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, China and Australia on a large database. I've created a manager that is 30 years old, English, favourite club is Arsenal, with past experience as a sunday league footballer.

Upon loading up the game I will holiday untill January 1st 2011, at which point I will apply for any low division job, preferably starting in the Blue Square South or North. From there I will look to build my reputation and eventually reach the top leagues and be competing honours.

Also, unlike many other people who seem to post on these forums, I am not some kind of god when it comes to FM unfortunately :( So unlike other I doubt I will be achieving back to back promotions and the like and can see it taking a considerably long time to reach the higher leagues.

Thanks for reading though and I shall be posting updates regularly, the first being when I get my first job :)

BTW any tips would be very helpful as never really done much management in the lower leagues :p Thanks

Good luck. Once you get started with a small club, you'll wonder why you've never done it before, and probably start following them in real life, too!

As for tips, get yourself a parent club asap, and keep your scouts looking at the under 18s. Plenty of rough diamonds to be had who'll be a star in the BSS/N and the BSP. Oh, and when you negotiate contracts, NEVER allow a player a 25% pay rise with promotion as it utterly ruins your club's finances....

Good luck its so rewarding. I took Telford into League Two before being sacked for applying for jobs but now at Rochdale and took them from League two to League One and look on course for back to back promotions check out my save called Continental Dominance of Jamie Reynolds.

You will be fine and I hope to see you getting alot of success.

Patience is Key in this type of game, im currently trying this with Stafford Rangers and im now in BSP after a hell of a first season in which the club went into administration at the beginning of the first season and was docked -10 for the privilege, had no Transfer budget or wage budget i bought 2 players (both defenders) and managed 5th. Got manager of the season (and quite rightly too!)Now residing 16th in the BSP and being written off by one and all...its great fun!

It's now February 2011 and I've just received my first job offer

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/jackwinfieldnewsinbox.png/

The table currently looks like this...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/jackwinfieldnewsinbox.png/

I've been offered a contract that will run until July to try and save their season, it is obvious that, with a media prediction of 6th at the start of the season that H&W are under performing and that their is the potential for improvement within the team

• 4 weeks later...

Breaking two metatarsals must have hurt. :eek:

You posted the same screenie twice. ;) Good luck, and as you've been told, have patience. Success sometimes does come unexpectedly easy in this game, but many times it can be a real long struggle, particularly lower down the pyramid. You never know for sure which players are going to perform, too..

Archived