youth regens

Probably because the Irish league has a really poor reputation, so the players that come through there are generally terrible. The SPL has a much higher reputation, so better youngsters come through.

Probably because the Irish league has a really poor reputation, so the players that come through there are generally terrible. The SPL has a much higher reputation, so better youngsters come through.

But how many high class Irish players come to the EPL past and present: ie the present

Kevin Doyle, Seamus Coleman and Shane Long? all came from modest teams in the Irish league for peanuts went to the Championship and now even Arsenal are linked with Kevin Doyle and Coleman plays everyweek for Everton.

and don't get me started on the past irish players :p

just my 2 cents worth :)

But how many high class Irish players come to the EPL past and present: ie the present

Kevin Doyle, Seamus Coleman and Shane Long? all came from modest teams in the Irish league for peanuts went to the Championship and now even Arsenal are linked with Kevin Doyle and Coleman plays everyweek for Everton.

and don't get me started on the past irish players :p

just my 2 cents worth :)

I understand that and I imagine that the odd good player does come through at Irish teams, but I think its restricted by the game mechanics, since Irish teams mostly have poor youth facilities and a low reputation. The amount of good Irish players is certainly less than IRL but its probably better that than Irish teams getting a load of wonderkids, because then everybody would complain about the lack of realism.

I understand that and I imagine that the odd good player does come through at Irish teams, but I think its restricted by the game mechanics, since Irish teams mostly have poor youth facilities and a low reputation. The amount of good Irish players is certainly less than IRL but its probably better that than Irish teams getting a load of wonderkids, because then everybody would complain about the lack of realism.

Well you do have a valid point but i mean im not asking for a load of wonderkids by any means, just a few names to pop up every now and again. so far ive seen none whatsoever.

Being Irish im a bit annoyed that no good Irish regens ever come into the game, you even see good Scots (that says alot :p) so why not Irish :o

In my FM09 save I had 6 Irish wonderkids all at roughly the same time and tried to sign another two... Only one of them became a World Class player mind (the only one I kept) but their generation won the World Cup twice in a row!

Archived