+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 - Graphics Speak Louder Than Words! . . . [Mock-ups Included]

Amateur

Wow I wish I could play with that. Amazing!

Are some of these things possible to make in a skin? I would download that!

Third Team

The mock ups look great but TBH I just don't think it is in the CM/FM tradition. It's all a bit too fancy and a bit in your face. I like the way FM is understated yet brilliant and I like the fact that it doesn't seem to rely on gimmicks like well taken pictures etc.

I've played Fifa and I absolutely hated it and honestly beleive even if it had the same match engine as FM i'd hate it becuase it all just seems a bit too fluffy and comic booky.

Your ideas look well but I think i'd prefer them as a downloadable skin option rather than an addition.

Amateur

DUDE! Those mock ups are amazing!

THAT IS EXACTLY the kind of thing we need in FM. Someone at SI please use the person that did these mocks a job as a consultant!

Amateur

Pretty much love all the suggestions, I'm not for the faces on the tactic screen or on the match engine view but I love the sky sports style score popping up.

Very, very good work indeed.

Amateur
    Virtual Anfield, Soon to be Potter Park!!

Has anyone noticed that FIFA is a boring arcade game at best.
    Yes those changes would be great.

Reserves

I think everyone on this board would much rather that the in-game issues are resolved before any cosmetic changes are implemented.
    SI have a graphics man, making it look better with these changes will not distrupt any coding at all.

Amateur

awesome mate!

just hope that guys from SI will implement your suggestion while making next FM.

great job!

Amateur

Originally posted by StanPetrov:
    Personally i feel FM to have just about every feature you could possibly want in a football management sim. However, i find there is still something lacking.

I beleive FM would greatly benefit from a design overhaul - less text, more graphics.

Attributes
    Attribute Alternative Colour
    Match Flow
    Overview
    Table
    Tactics

Before i start on the following topic i must insist on telling you that i really dislike Fifa Manager 08.
    However the difference, i feel, between FM and Fifa Manager is:

DATABASE: Football Manager > Fifa Manager (90%-10%)
    GRAPHICS: Fifa Manager > Football Manager (65%-35%)

Fifa1
    Fifa2
    Fifa3
    Fifa4
    Fifa5
    Fifa6
    All the work you've done is brilliant. Info is alot quicker to access and the screen is much more livelier. Class work and I really hope we see these in the next game. 10/10

Amateur

Include his ideas in FM 09!

It will be amazing

Reserves

Originally posted by StanPetrov:
    I'll try that one again...
    Match Engine
    Another full

You just keep 'em' coming! I'm absolutely loving this - TER!!!

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

SI have a graphics man, making it look better with these changes will not distrupt any coding at all
    We have a graphics "team"

Amateur

Definitely the best 'new' idea I have seen.

Amateur

Awesome ideas, Stan!

I agree will all of them except the Tactics screen as the pictures on the pitch look too cluttered but the right-click menu is a really good idea.

Is it only me or do you guys think that the Overview screen during a match should shows more than just the Goals, penalty misses and red cards. For example, it might show the yellow cards received by each team too. Also, under the Team Name maybe it should show the name of the manager and the captain. If I could find my FM cd then I would take a screenie and then edit it and show you guys what I mean.

Good job again. Hope SI include it in FM09. I don't see why not as their graphics and art team works on the skin, while the programmers work on the data and other stuff. So they both shouldn't get in each other's way.

Amateur

Something occured to me after my first comment: I don't like Fifa manager because it is too 'in your face'. I still think these are good ideas but there has to be a limit or people may become 'scared' of the way it's presented.

Amateur

mate you are god

SI GIVE HIM YOUR LEAD GRAPHICS JOB, PLEASE, YOU COULD STOP THE FOOTBALL MANAGER ROOT.

GOOD 10 MINUTES ENTERNTAINMENT.

PS PLEASE SI!!!!!!!!

Amateur

Great ideas Stan

Part-Timer

Great work StanPetrov.

I got really excited seeing your screen shots and thinking about them being in a future FM08. I love FM and despite trying to play other Footy management games i cant. However i do think FIFA has some great graphics that SI could do well to consider. And then we have Ter giving some positive feedback. I know this is all hypothetical stuff but pleasing none the less.

OMFG I'm a Fan boy again Shoot me quick

Amateur

Great work mate!

If FM did that they would make alot of money and then could beat Fifa Manager in all departments

Amateur

I agree that the UI can have more graphics. Even though it improves with each iteration the game is still a bit too text heavy.

I particularly like the idea of using the cross icon to indicate an injury; it's a really subtle thing, but it would improve things no end.

I think in the mockups there's too much emphasis on player pictures though. I just don't like player pictures since a incident where I decided not to sign a world-class midfielder because I thought he was really ugly.

Amateur
    Almost Glasgow, but not quite there (12miles)

Originally posted by DarthInsinuate:
    I think in the mockups there's too much emphasis on player pictures though.
    Again, please remember these are only mock-ups. I too agree that i've used the player pictures a little too much - I don't particularly like the way i had done the match flow screen either.

I'm just trying to emphasise the need for a little more differentiation between stats - some need to stand out more than others.

As i had said in a previous post, there are many other screens i would have liked to put forward suggestions for too but i simply don't have the time to do the mock-ups.

One of my main goals was to create both build-up and match screens for European Cup games. I was hoping to achieve a greater sense of excitement/nervousness for these games as opposed to our weekly league games.

Hopefully SI can come up with something!

Amateur

Hey StanPetrov, how about doing some new skins? You obviously have some mad design skills!!

Amateur

Recruit Stan to the skinning staff?

Sports Interactive

Originally posted by wan109:
    Recruit Stan to the skinning staff?
    We've had a position open in that department for a while now

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/8752022083

Amateur

You see that Stan! Take it, they obviously want you! And itll make us all love you

Amateur

im using fm 2007, so i dont know if my gripe has been rectified in fm 2008;

a lot of the time, when i go for players, clubs are usually open to negotiation regarding price etc.

however, when it turns the other way around (clubs buying my players), i cant go over 1 million of the players value, even with clubs with chelsea who i know would have no problem in paying the excess,

i find this infuriating, especially with my milan team. im halfway through a clearout of all the unecessary players and i want to gain a profit, instead of having to pay x amount of euros in severance fees etc.

has anyone else had this problem or am i just barking up the wrong tree?

Part-Timer

th ebest idead i have read for this game mate i hope it happens.plus i want the option of buying a club.

Amateur

Best suggestion thread I've seen, ever.

Applause for Stan!

I'm delighted that Ter's been reading this thread and I'm hoping some (best if all) of the suggestions make it into FM09.

Quite simply, those mockups are the BEST looking FM I've seen, in any series. Let's hope the graphics "team" Ter referred to see this thread.

Semi Pro

Didn't see this first time round but i'd like to add my support to the OP - Those screenshots are exactly what FM needs to move forward.

Semi Pro

I hope they never do this, I have played FIFA manager and it gave me a headache, too much things going on, too many graphics.

Football Manager is near perfection. Theres always something you can add though and having so many mods and such is great.
    Think tatics would be better, eg. more things to tell you players but FM is in depth yet easy to understand.

Reserves

Originally posted by Ryknow:
    I hope they never do this, ...
    Think tatics would be better, eg. more things to tell you players but FM is in depth yet easy to understand.
    They are completely different entities, with different teams of people working on each. There is no issue with improving graphics at the expense of tactics - both should be/will be developed, as they are for every edition.

I reiterate what I said early on and has been endorsed by many since; stanpetrov's suggestions are absolutely brilliant - like others, I do hope Ter's positive comments result in something substantial for FM09

Semi Pro

My post was directed at the very first one, I havnt read all posts.

I just dont want FM turning into FIFA manager cause it is terrible.

Part-Timer

I concur with most of the posters; these additions are imaginative and would be an excellent idea to base changes around.

Well things change, we all love FM as can be seen by Stan's very dynamic suggestions, therefore we should be looking at the suggestions from a positive view point and get away from this no do not change it will slow down FM/fluff FM/stop other development in FM..blah blah.

As long as the gameplay does not lose it's dynamic interplay re match day, then h*ll why not some bright graphics that actually add rather than detract.

I think and believe that SI would never sacrifice the gameplay for just "pretty additional graphics", so that being the case we should encourage them to work around Stan's ideas.

If it's not possible at the moment then so be it but lets not throw the idea away.

That's my 10 penneth worth and by the way a good thread.

K

Semi Pro

Yeah but couldnt someone just make a skin after 2009 gets released

Amateur

Thanks for a really good post.
    Personally, I wouldn't want things layed out in a 'bolder' way. I don't need a big number and bright colours to tell me how long a player will be out. Bit FIFA-ish and the kind of thing FM has always been good by avoiding. Just an opinion.

Reserves

Default Re: FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 - Graphics Speak Louder Than Words! . . . [Mock-ups Include

Is there any plan for this stuff to be taken into account in FM10 or FM11. This is one of the big down points in Football Manager and has been for a while.

Amateur

Default Re: FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 - Graphics Speak Louder Than Words! . . . [Mock-ups Include

God I hope so. I had forgotten just how much I loved these ideas. Especillay the attributes screen, that idea of average attribute at the top of each section is genius and would make selection and purchase of players much easier.

Amateur

Hire this guy!

Youth Team

Yes, hire him

The average attributes is a great idea IMO.

Some great screen intefaces and it really does look impressive.

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 - Graphics Speak Louder Than Words! . . . [Mock-ups Include

Quote Originally Posted by StanPetrov View Post
    Personally i feel FM to have just about every feature you could possibly want in a football management sim. However, i find there is still something lacking.

I beleive FM would greatly benefit from a design overhaul - less text, more graphics.

Attributes
    Match Flow
    Overview
    Table
    Tactics

Before i start on the following topic i must insist on telling you that i really dislike Fifa Manager 08.
    However the difference, i feel, between FM and Fifa Manager is:

DATABASE: Football Manager > Fifa Manager (90%-10%)
    GRAPHICS: Fifa Manager > Football Manager (65%-35%)

Fifa1
    Fifa2
    Fifa3
    Fifa4
    Fifa5
    Fifa6
    Absolutely brilliant work... Hats off to you for putting your time to do this when you are not even paid for this..

Im sure you can join SI Graphics team

Amateur

Petrov,

Minimalism is best in my opinion. Fifa's graphics are too loud. Some of your ideas are not bad though. Good thought provoking stuff though.

Part-Timer

nice graphs

Part-Timer

Yeh - these look great, just a bit more graphical content in FM would make an outstanding game - even more immersive and brilliant.

Amateur

I like the information scored after a goal on the match screen. think that would be great.

Good idea about the right click on the tactics screen, would make it so easier selecting corner, free kick takers.

Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar

Fantastic to see users actually coming up with real solid ideas on how to improve things rather than a couple of lines of "try harder!"

Excellent post, people take note! Threads such as these that attempt to solve problems rather than just pointing them out are very useful to us, as Ter's presence shows.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by skorp View Post
    Fantastic to see users actually coming up with real solid ideas on how to improve things rather than a couple of lines of "try harder!"

Excellent post, people take note! Threads such as these that attempt to solve problems rather than just pointing them out are very useful to us, as Ter's presence shows.
    Also excellent example of a working search function on these boards

I agree, the graphics have room for improvement. The mock-ups may just be bolding some things for some of the selected screens, yet they make it way easier to see the most important things at once.

I don't like the attribute averages given as they don't recognise which ones are important to a player's position and which ones are related to CA at all, but that's just details. Great work

Amateur

I too think FM needs a bit of a jazz up. It's been basically the same layout now since 05, something like this not only looks good but is also helpful and, IMO, would bring a fresh feel to the game.

I know SI start on FM10 early so hopefully this isn't too late to be looked at and included in someway.

Charlton Athletic Researcher

I thought I'd seen this thread before, looked at the date, nearly a year old.

I had my own idea not long ago, to split mental attributes into two categories, the more 'fooball' attributes and the 'gritty' ones like bravery and determination.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8...ntalattrib.jpg

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Scoham View Post

I had my own idea not long ago, to split mental attributes into two categories, the more 'fooball' attributes and the 'gritty' ones like bravery and determination.

I actually think putting the attributes in to their training categories would be a nice idea (although that's dependent on an overhaul of the training system!).

Alternatively, it would be nice to be able to customise the attributes screen to display it the way we liked.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Scoham View Post

That's a pretty good idea tbh

Reserves

For what it's worth, I bumped this thread to get it noticed, like it has done, and to give people that hadn't yet seen it have a look and build their own opinion.

Banned

These are simply amazing ideas.
    I would love to see these implemented into future vesions of game.
    Also it would be great if someone could implement this into a skin .(michaelmurrayuk)

Reserves

i'm no expert and i'm not saying I could do it but surely this could be done quite easily? I mean it's excellent, much better than the current layout. Only thing is the size, would the space taken up by attributes would have to be reduced to fit everything else on the player screens?

Amateur

I'd be very upset if this isn't added to the game in the next few years. Brilliant ideas, even the minority of people who dont like the idea could be happy if it was an option to choose at start up of a career save (when you choose your database size etc)
    I think from a business point of view this would be a great addition to the game in terms of attracting new customers to buy the game, many people who i speak to who havent purchased a FM game have been put off by the "spreadsheet" look. This idea would change that general opinion of the spreadheet but not affect the indepth knowlegde which makes the game the best Football Manager game in the world
    To the people who say this could be added as a skin - i agree it could but it would be hard to make the best use of this fantastic idea due to the different sizes of text etc (the totally different look to the game). I'm not an expert but i think it may be very hard to implement to its full potential as a skin.
    Greak work! an excellent idea! fingers crossed for this to be added in future versions of FM

Third Team

Cool Re: FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 - Graphics Speak Louder Than Words! . . . [Mock-ups Include

Even if this isn't introduced into the game in the next few years, could someone make a skin with all of these ideas in as then the people who want these ideas/layouts in their game can have it and the people who don't want it can choose a different skin.

Great work mate, keep it up

Amateur

great. simple as.

The Game looks so much more clinical

Amateur

Great work

Amateur

personally i really like it.

What ive always wondered is why the game has the position so.... dead set on the tactic screen if you know what i mean. Its a bad example, but for examply, on pro evo you can set the positions anywhere you like, id like something a bit more like thatand i feel they need to add the position second striker, as its a very different role to CF or AMC. Just add new tactical ideas into the game.

And in rehards to the averages, i think it would also be good to have an "overall" average score if you are going to do individual ones, unfortunately that is bordering far too close on fifa, of which i am not a fan.

Part-Timer

I remember seeing these ideas first time round and being really impressed, seems StanPetrov hasn't been on the forums since last November which is a shame. But i think more graphical representation is the way forward.

Amateur
    i saw paul scholes playing volleyball at the beach the other day.

coool stuff. irresistible.

Amateur

Waow you blew me away mate. Looking at those pics you put up I think they should hire you up stright away!!!

I always felt FM was a little unfinished in the graphical sense, and its presentation however definately best game in the world. I know there are

always skins but some of the stuff you put up are really simple yet mind boggling and seoriusly looks the goods. Thanks for sharing and

I hope FM10 looks exactly or even better then you make it out to be!!

Once again good on ya champ!

Part-Timer

Excellent idea. Would be really cool to see FM with this.

Amateur

If you say this thread "solve problems" while others "just pointing them out" (I would say that the community from game release to february is just beta-testing a game while paying it), well, I find it very unfair, since I read some threads regarding training and other core-game stuff without any answer from you, which is much more important.
    If put some photo here and there and changing players color attributes are solving problems, this makes me think about how you're working. You made a patch that made problems with regen faces, if you couldn't prevent this, completely revamp graphics is a dream, honestly. Think focusing on core-game stuff, and just give tools to skinners, that are making gorgeous works, instead.

Part-timer

^ ^Whs ^ ^ The OP had some fantastic ideas and had the knowledge (skinning or whatever) to implement them, or at least to saw us images of them. If pointing out a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place is not useful, then we're left with two options: praise the game as it is or learn programming and solving those problems ourselves.

Amateur

really decent suggestions. all would say the distinct difference between these rival (?) games are database/reality vs graphics/finishing... when FM gains acceleration on the latter one it will get closer to being flawless.

with huge amount of precise data and processing it, bugs and twitches are acceptable. i find SI's rate of solving problems really reasonable. and i can understand their effort in making the game itself work more accurately, with minimum amount of bugs in the core, rather than spend time on the finishing. perhaps these two are different branches which require improvements from different teams of people. still, i need a "perfect running game" before i have a "perfect looking game"...

i really have the feeling things keep on improving and the introduction of 3d match engine really winks onto graphical improvements are around the corner.

the one thing i love about CM/FM series is that, it is almost fully customizable, the graphics, the data etc. there are many decent, hardworking, versatile graphic authors who are fans of the game themselves. it is not difficult to make your game look close-to-perfect with a small effort. go around, look for it, sure you will find it.

hope stan's ideas come up to be real and concrete sometime soon though. by him or by someone else who gets inspired by his mock-ups

keep up the good work stan..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by elsgouro View Post
    ^ ^Whs ^ ^ The OP had some fantastic ideas and had the knowledge (skinning or whatever) to implement them, or at least to saw us images of them. If pointing out a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place is not useful, then we're left with two options: praise the game as it is or learn programming and solving those problems ourselves.
    this solves a problem and is useful (and should be praised and considered by SI)

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...preferred+foot

not this

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2...tchflowlj8.jpg <--- which problem does this solve?

I'm not blaming the OP, it's a quality works without any doubt, I'm blaming the meaning you give to it. It's not solving problem ---> improve gameplay, but
    make it cool---> just bling bling at eyes.

It's not "Graphics Speak Louder Than Words" because
    http://community.sigames.com/showthr...highlight=star

this is honestly true. A simple silly png that makes something potentially great to awful.

Part-timer

Da Funk, I agree with you 100% on this. I just don't accept that pointing out a problem is not useful to the progress of the game, as scorp said. As I told before, not all of us are programmers or have some kind of knowledge to be in a possition to solve problems (that shouldn't be there, what so ever). So, we're "limitted" to just point them out and maybe a few times propose possible solutions

Amateur

If Ter has read this thread since it's been bumped can you say anything with reagards to this?

I think it's clear this is something alot ( of forum ) users want which I guess the wider customer base would also want.

Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar

At no point did I say that pointing out problems was not useful, perhaps you should re-read my post:

"Excellent post, people take note! Threads such as these that attempt to solve problems rather than just pointing them out are very useful to us, as Ter's presence shows."

This does not say that pointing out problems are not useful to us, it says that attempting to solve them or provide a solution is "very useful" as it fleshes out the problem and brings about a concept that can be used as a basis for discussion and thought on the aspect in question.

This goes for all suggestions for improvements. Pointing something out is useful, but suggesting a genuine way in which improvements could be handled is even more useful.

I was in no way criticising posts that point things out, I was praising this one. Can't praise a poster on these boards without it being totally misread!

Part-timer

Well, I guess I missuderstood your post, ok, I can understand that giving a possible solution to a problem is more useful than just mentioning it, and obvioulsly the OP had some great ideas for the improvement of the UI, so any praise is justified

Sports Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by digsy11 View Post
    If Ter has read this thread since it's been bumped can you say anything with reagards to this?

I think it's clear this is something alot ( of forum ) users want which I guess the wider customer base would also want.
    There's nothing new that needs said that hasn't been said already

Amateur

So basically you've a graphics team and a position open. Brilliant.

Amateur

I was in no way criticising posts that point things out, I was praising this one. Can't praise a poster on these boards without it being totally misread!
    Let me explain my position. First of all I didn't meant to open a controversy or a feud!
    My thoughts starts from
    Threads such as these that attempt to solve problems rather than just pointing them out are very useful to us
    I find that "these" absolutely a nonsense.
    Anyhow I agree with you that everyone can say "this doesn't work. Fix it" And often posts like this one are just like spam.
    But let me give you an example. If I remember right when you put a custom skin in the folder where it should be, it cause text to have almost invisible color. To fix it there's need of an xml. Well this is an example of something absolutely bad that the common user can't give you a way to fix.
    And I hope in FM2010 we simply have to put the skin in the folder, without creating any file

Sports Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by digsy11 View Post
    So basically you've a graphics team and a position open. Brilliant.
    We've got a page one to this thread to you know

Reserves

Ah, so was my mass thread useless then

Anyway, I presume when you say 'reading it' you actually meant you are going to do something.

Part-Timer

Obviously it's not perfect, there would need to be a rethink in terms of overusing players' faces, which aren't in the game as standard and probably aren't imported by as many users as people might think - but it is so much infinitely better than the excel-style formatting that we've all become used to. Yes, FIFA/TCM has its bad points (i.e. football management) but it also had its good points, and FM wouldn't necessarily do badly by taking some inspiration from the odd few features.

Amateur

i personally think those mock-ups are genius, excellent work

IMO this would make fm even better, designing the UI like this wouldn't affect any of the database functions, and it looks much more user friendly and easier to use.

good job stan

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    We've got a page one to this thread to you know
    Apologies for being blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Funk View Post
    Let me explain my position. First of all I didn't meant to open a controversy or a feud!
    My thoughts starts from

I find that "these" absolutely a nonsense.
    Anyhow I agree with you that everyone can say "this doesn't work. Fix it" And often posts like this one are just like spam.
    But let me give you an example. If I remember right when you put a custom skin in the folder where it should be, it cause text to have almost invisible color. To fix it there's need of an xml. Well this is an example of something absolutely bad that the common user can't give you a way to fix.
    And I hope in FM2010 we simply have to put the skin in the folder, without creating any file
    All Skorp was doing was praising this thread and the OP for actually coming up with suggestions. He was, at the same time, criticising threads that are critical of the game, but don't come up with any suggested alternatives and are not constructive in nature. I'll back Skorp up on that one. He in no way said that all other threads were useless, just that this is a shining example of a thread.
    Last edited by GillsMan; 26-03-2009 at 09:10.

Amateur

i like the attribute averages.

I just want SI to enable players faces to be shown on the tactics screen like they do on sky sports.
    If ppl aren't into getting facepacks then have an option to disable them at start-up.
    Andy Gray has a lot of fun playing with his line up graphics and I want to emulate him.

Amateur

I just want to add my endorsement to the great ideas Stan has shown us. I agree with posters that have said that having the players' pics on the tactics screen would make it too cluttered, but evrything else looks great and would make it easier (and more entertaining) to see key information. I have to disagree with people that call this "fluff". Aesthetics are important!!

Part-Timer

These are absolutely brilliant suggestions for improvements to the FM 'feel'. Like others it probably over uses player faces but the injury graphic, discipline graphic and below league table graphics are great suggestions and very well thought out.

Amateur

Is there absolutely no way a skin of this can be made? It would be one of the best things to happen to fm!

Reserves

I don't think it is possible/has been explored yet. If it is not part of the default skins for FM10, hopefully they make it an option.

First Team Regular

I like all the text

If there are going to be lots of small graphics replacing existing format, can it be optional?

Reserves

Sad man, I guess there would be for people who don't/are unable to download graphics.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    All Skorp was doing was praising this thread and the OP for actually coming up with suggestions. He was, at the same time, criticising threads that are critical of the game, but don't come up with any suggested alternatives and are not constructive in nature. I'll back Skorp up on that one. He in no way said that all other threads were useless, just that this is a shining example of a thread.
    Skorp is a "he" ? Never knew that tbh

Amateur

Well this isnt something that can be fixed by a skin but...

I mean this is a total overhaul of all graphics to do with the game. The more I look at it the more I feel these sort of upgrades will make the game expereince

much much better.

Lets use an analogy here.

I go eat at a resturant. The food is terrific, the service is amazing, it costs little more then Maccas and you get free parking all night smack bang in the

middle of CBD. HOWEVER BOOM the waitresses/waiters look like love child of Golem and Sherk... How does your food go down?

We all know FM>Fifa. HOWEVER I think with the graphics upgrade will make it more appealing to the general public, which means more buyers, more money

for company to make better game etc...

Also with fresh graphics it would mean the overall experience while already great, will be even better!!!

BOOM!

Dont smash the bloke, I think he made a really good point.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    I like all the text

If there are going to be lots of small graphics replacing existing format, can it be optional?
    The guy doesnt mean he'll replace all text with graphics, if you looked at his ideas you'll see that its not replacing but making more effective the use of any text now and adding addiotioanl

graphics making the overall gameplay, ambeience and expereince much better for all playing the game.

Amateur

do you marry me StanPetrov ?

btw, I love that ss's, the avg atribute .. everything. is it possible to make a skin ?

Amateur

Stan my friend you have inspired to make my own post, I think our ideas are sort of realated... Take a look?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=116311

Cheers,
    ReeNah

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StanPetrov View Post

Attributes
    Match Flow
    Overview
    Table
    Tactics
    I really like these except for the final one, the match one.
    The reason I don't like it is because of one thing, the idea of showing player pictures. It is too large and you would get big problems with players who don't have a picture in the database.

Amateur

OBVIOUSLY there is a reason why there isnt all the players photos in profiles. However, what is this reason exactly?

Everyone adds them in later with facepacks and stuff... Is it copy right issues?

Puzzled,
    ReeNah

Amateur

They were the most beautiful things I've ever seen

Third Team

All of those are fantastic, something I'd really like to see in future FM's

Amateur

I have to say some of that is very impressive and makes the game a lot more appealing on the eye. The only problem I have is that when your players dont have a pic the tactics screen might look a little stupid.

Overall very good work stanpetrov. I like................I said I liiiiiiiikkkeee

Amateur

Just seen this thread, they're amazing!

Good work matey!

Part-Timer

impressed.

Amateur

IMO I wouldn't like this, i think it'd make FM appear "gimmicky"...not for me personally!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by FelixG View Post
    IMO I wouldn't like this, i think it'd make FM appear "gimmicky"...not for me personally!
    May be it will be better if two skins are available.. One similar to the present for users like you and one with more graphics for users like me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast