Sports Interactive QA are hiring!

• Administrators

Do you have what it takes to help us make our games better?

Sports Interactive are looking for people to join their QA department to test Football Manager & Football Manager Handheld across PC, Mac, Sony PSP & Apple devices.

This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for the ultimate temporary job or someone looking to gain some experience in the games industry.

Initial contract duration is 3 months from the date of employment with the possibility of an extension.

Requirements:

* You must be at least 16 years old to be considered for the role.

* You must be able to commute to our Central London office in the UK.

* You must be able to work Monday to Friday based on a 37.5 hour working week.

* You should expect to work some overtime when requested.

* You should be a dedicated gamer with a passion for Football Manager.

* You should be a keen football fan.

* You should be comfortable using a PC, Mac, Sony PSP or Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod.

* You should have great attention to detail with the ability to spot issues.

* You should have a good standard of written English.

* Previous experience in QA is welcomed, but not necessary.

Sports Interactive offers competitive hourly rates and travel expenses.

Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining to us why you think you would be suitable for this role, detailing any relevant experience and including "QA Tester Application" in the subject line, to the following email address:

recruitment-qa@sigames.com

Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview at our offices in Central London.

Closing date for all applications is Friday 24th June 2011.

Please note, due to the large volume of applications we tend to receive for these positions, we may not be able to respond to every application.

Good luck.

The Sports Interactive QA Team

Would love to do this but start Uni at the beginning of October so suspect I wouldn't be able to fulfil the 3 months

Same, I go back to Uni for my second year at the start of October. If it wasn't for that I would apply for this without a moments hesitation, I have done quite a lot of testing before and only live about 20 minutes from London.

Bugger.

Should apply anyway and see what they say, i'm sure they can work something out, if you're an excellent candidate but can only commit to 2 months and 3 weeks, i'm sure they can accomodate you!

Plus you'll get Interview experience either way, can't hurt ;)

Seeing as I'm always so critical about improving the game I seem the perfect candidate :p

Perhaps you could give us more details about what the job role involves, the salary/travel expenses, the "possible" overtime? (presuming the standard hours are 9-5 would that be working late or doing weekends etc). I'm sure others will be thinking similar questions. :)

Seeing as I'm always so critical about improving the game I seem the perfect candidate :p

Perhaps you could give us more details about what the job role involves, the salary/travel expenses, the "possible" overtime? (presuming the standard hours are 9-5 would that be working late or doing weekends etc). I'm sure others will be thinking similar questions. :)

so apply...

they will then most likely send you a person spec, job spec and salary details...

isn't that how it works?

Posted this in the other thread so will repeat it here:

If you're looking for a first step into the industry, you literally couldn't do better than get this job. The Sports Interactive name holds massive weight in the industry and the experience you'll get there will set you up greatly for future roles.

Or, if you're lucky enough, SI will keep you on longer. Win/Win situation.

Posted this in the other thread so will repeat it here:

If you're looking for a first step into the industry, you literally couldn't do better than get this job. The Sports Interactive name holds massive weight in the industry and the experience you'll get there will set you up greatly for future roles.

Or, if you're lucky enough, SI will keep you on longer. Win/Win situation.

We (I) wish we (I) could get that job but it is as possible as AEK Athens winning the league in Greece :p

Circumstances are perfect for me but I don't have a CV. Would I be able to create one and send it in tomorrow?

you should re-write your c.v. to match the position for which you're applying anyway so it's no problem :thup:

if you don't know how to write one there are loads of good sites that give advice, just google it :)

A couple of guys could always get together and house share for 3 months, i suspect theres been many people over the years who've travelled down to London for the summer. Just announce youself if you've been successful and see if any like minded people want a 2/3 bed flat share.

Would love to do this but sadly can't commute to London. Funnily enough i was thinking about games testing the other day. Oh well, maybe next time.

You'll have to leave Wales if you ever intend on being a games tester - there's nowhere there that's suitable.

Hence, me being in London.

Archived