How slow are central defenders?

I get the same feeling and to make matters worse the game gets filled with striker regens with +17 pace and acc that every other team seems to have i get into trouble sometimes.. using a smaller faster CB as cover helps in my tactic.

Ive signed many fast central defenders before both in this version and others. Try Phil Jones hes got 18 acceleration 17 pace in my game and has a worldwide reputation another one is Dennis Appiah 17 accel 16 pace again worldwide.

Do a player search ticking just acelleration and pace in the search box and they will come up some however will have continenal rating like Micah Richards but he is still fast 18 acell 17 pace. Weather they will sign for your club or not is a different matter but they definately do exist even on a worldwide rep. This search only took me 5 minutes to compose so if you have more time you should find more even with a world wide rep

Ive signed many fast central defenders before both in this version and others. Try Phil Jones hes got 18 acceleration 17 pace in my game and has a worldwide reputation another one is Dennis Appiah 17 accel 16 pace again worldwide.

SNIP

I'm pretty sure he's talking about regens, being 11 seasons in 'n' all...

I'm not seeing this problem at all. In my ten season game, both of my newgen centre backs have 15+ acceleration and pace. I'll check other teams, but I'm fairly sure a lot of top defenders are pretty quick. I actually find jumping to be more of an issue. Are you coaching yours in quickness if they lack it when they're young?

I have new 2 fast cb newgens but my problem is hieght. Both are only 5'10" so I traded for a 6'4" cb with great jumping ability. I put a different combo depending on what my scout tells me about my next match. ie. pacey strikers put both fast cbs in cb position or get one tall and one fast.

It is not generally a problem in my save either.

If you find a good talent CD with high defensive attributes in the technical and mental columns, him having 10-12ish pace/jumping/acceleration at the age of 17 would let him have 14-16 in those attributes before he turns 23. It is much harder having such an increase in the two other columns.

Archived