getting out of losing streak

Whats the best way out of a rut? My team started out the season winning 8 in a row, not conceding a goal the whole time and putting in 3 or 4 per match. Then all of the sudden it was like they hit a brick wall, have not managed a win in the last 6 matches and cant score at hardly at all, even against the worst team in the league. This happens to me every season, though usually around mid season, not this early... I normally just wait it out and it eventually turns around.. but there has to be a better (quicker) way to get them back into the form thy had the first 8 games.

managing your team during those initial 8 matches is key, what are you saying to both the players and the media after these games? Even with winning the first 8 games there will be players who have a bad game or make a mistake, are you on top of that?

Are you keeping an eye on things tactically? If you do very well in the first 8 or so games teams may be sitting in slightly deeper against you, packing the defense and not giving your attacking players as much space or as many options, are you doing something to counter this?

How do you deal with the first defeat of the season, are you tough on your players or do you put your arm around them?

If you say it happens regularly on your saves i would suggest at looking at these things, remember be proactive rather than reactive with this game, the trick is not learning how to counter a losing streak, but rather how to avoid it in the first place.

managing your team during those initial 8 matches is key, what are you saying to both the players and the media after these games? Even with winning the first 8 games there will be players who have a bad game or make a mistake, are you on top of that?

Are you keeping an eye on things tactically? If you do very well in the first 8 or so games teams may be sitting in slightly deeper against you, packing the defense and not giving your attacking players as much space or as many options, are you doing something to counter this?

How do you deal with the first defeat of the season, are you tough on your players or do you put your arm around them?

If you say it happens regularly on your saves i would suggest at looking at these things, remember be proactive rather than reactive with this game, the trick is not learning how to counter a losing streak, but rather how to avoid it in the first place.

What is a good counter for a deep defense?

I'd go for a control strategy in those situations. You won't always create the winning goal but you won't over-expose yourself either. The last thing you want to do is leave yourself vulnerable to a weaker team and concede first on the counter.

It alll depends what kind of players you have and how you set your team out to play, if you have a very creative midfielder who is struggling to create you want to make more space for him a bit, take his attacking down a bit, maybe slow the tempo down a bit, if he is set as your primary playmaker but is being marked out the game maybe take that option off, let him drag his marker about which will create a bit more space for another player not seen as as much of a threat by the opposition and it will hopefully give your team new attacking options now they are not always looking for the one player being man marked.

The last thing you want to do against a team sitting deep is throw balls at them quickly and push your team right up, a team playing a solid defensive line will eat that up all day, you want to pull them appart a bit, play a bit wider to try and create more space, you can set crosses to come from a deeper position to try and catch the opposition out, have players running from deep to cause panic and again create some space for your team to exploit. If your players are good enough and you dont use the option, roaming from position can also create some space, again if the opposition are man marking your team this can leave gaps for other players to get into.

Save the game,,,,exit FM,,,,,reload FM,,,,then reload the game from where you saved it,,,,,,,,,this sometimes helps with bad run of results

i finished my first season with newcastle only winning 1 of my last 11 premiership games,it was really annoying to watch and you could tell my players had no confidence,we ended up finishing 12th on 47 points i think so it was a good job we had done ok in first half of the season,i also keep getting the urge to restart after the first season,i must have ocd but i want to do better and also i withdrew tiote,jonas and liechsteiner from internationals at the start of the game without knowing about the bug so i want to restart now and not do this again.

In this situation I will start to pick the team based on morale rather than form or ability. Players with low morale are not the players who are going to be motivated to turn things around. Play defensive or counter and try to keep things tight. Even getting a draw against a stronger team can help raise morale. Don't put pressure on your team and praise them even if they don't play brilliantly. It takes time to turn it around so be patient with them, it's easy to get angry when you're not getting the results you think you should be getting but it's usually counter-productive.

Archived