Do Chairmen die?!

I only ask because in my long-running save on Fm10, our sugar daddy chairman keeps injecting £30-40m into the bank balance whenever it gets low. I know us managers can live on and on and on and on in this game (although I think I read somewhere our age stops at 99?) but how about the Chairmen? Will it just get to the point where he retires/sells up and I’ll probably stop getting such generous amounts of money, or will he, along with his “Loves the club” status, go on and on like me…

I wanted to ask something similar. what happens with "us"? do we die? are we forced to resign at some point? is our age "number" limited but we can play indefinitely?

age stops at 100, but there is no limit to how long your character can manage.

no .. they don't die.. but if he is stubborn or greedy, there is an arrangement to make him disappear if you are interested :D he he .. life full of accidents you know :D just hire a mob in the game and your problem is solved :)

I can understand how real life chairmen and people in the database can't die or have naughty things happen to them for legal reasons, but why can't this happen with the regens? surely if the data is computer generated there would be no legal issues.

I can understand how real life chairmen and people in the database can't die or have naughty things happen to them for legal reasons, but why can't this happen with the regens? surely if the data is computer generated there would be no legal issues.

really? is there some legal issues which prevent FM from that?

regarding regens .. may it is because the game has one coding for both

really? is there some legal issues which prevent FM from that?

regarding regens .. may it is because the game has one coding for both

Just imagine... a player dies in real life, his mate pops on a bit of FM that evening, then suddenly that player dies on the game... it would be a bit sick!

its more a case of SI dont want there to be any possibility of a legal issue, having a player in the database doing something like giggs has (or hasnt) done or someone getting killed could lead to a legal issue so they avoid anything like that.

Your prob right the code for real players and regens will be the same, the game wont know the difference.

in Football manager 2005,,,,,,no one died,,,,,,in football manager 2006,,,no one died,,,,,,,,,,,in football manager 2007,,,,,no one died,,,,in football manager 2008,,,no one died (ive got bored now but you get the idea)

Sorry - bit of a mis-leading thread title - I wasn't actually asking, do Chairmen die... was just meaning, assuming there's no takeover, do they go on for as long as you're the manager in the game, or is there an end to their reign eventually maybe when they reach a certain age - but the question was answered in the very first reply, "He will just leave at some point."

I can see how people would interpret "Do Chairmen die?" as "Do Chairmen die?" though so it's my fault for the confusion! :-)

its more a case of SI dont want there to be any possibility of a legal issue, having a player in the database doing something like giggs has (or hasnt) done or someone getting killed could lead to a legal issue so they avoid anything like that.

Your prob right the code for real players and regens will be the same, the game wont know the difference.

I'd suspect that in addition to that, a major reason SI would never implement such a feature is it would lead to nothing but problems on here. Can you imagine the kind of posts we'd see because somebody's star striker passed away in February and completely ruined that person's season? Really not worth the hassle they'd receive.

Archived