Why is this player rated so highly?

I signed a player 3 seasons ago on a free, hes only 19 and hes made the world team of the year and his attributes arent great. Im just baffled at how the game makes him so good and why teams like Barca were going to offer 25 million for him.

http://imageshack.us/f/715/gustavoprofileattribute.png/

i dont really know if that screenshot works never put one up before.

easy,

1) he plays in a position that superb players are few in the game

2) his physical stats are WOW!

3) some mental attributes are also very high especially for his age

4) his age makes them believe that he will become better

yes i know this but i have plenty more players whos mental attributes are way beyond his and are in the same age group as him. This guy is going around like messi in my game everyone is after him and if you look hes nowhere near messi or any great player.

yes but his mental attributes are poor and for a winger his dribbling is bad aswell i cant see the big fuss about him an why hes performing so well.

His technique is good as well and with that sort of pace(and agility and acceleration) he will just cause problems to any defender.. pace is still very important in the match engine.

you need to google it, download it (pay attention to the version), run it and if you have more questions, post here

alright il do that thanks,

His report says he is going to be better than gareth bale, hope he will be.

It says his CA is 165 and his PA is 178

a lot better than I thought then! if you are not familiar with the CA and PA just imagine that TOP CLASS messi-like players are at 180-200 CA. 160+ CA is considered an amazing, yet not the best player

Just don't get too wrapped up in PA and CA. I have had a striker score 26 in 28 games in the EPL and Champions League who had a PA and CA of no higher than 130. I also had a player with a CA of 160 get crowned best player at Champions Leagues beating Messi and Ronaldo also claiming fans player of the year ahead of Tevez, Dzeko and Sergio Aguero.

CA is also the only metric used to make sure the standard of players remains broadly the same as regens are created. With the attributes that guy has got I don't think his going to be able to get the same match ratings as researched players of about the same CA. The only upside is that his still young and with good coaching the OP should be able to get his dribbling, passing and off the ball into double figures and make him more useful.

I also think the spread of his attributes looks a bit odd I cant think off the top of my head of a winger with great pace who is a poor dribbler and finisher but a great crosser. Can you?

I never look at rating when a player does not play for me. That guy is only 19 and can become a leading PL/BBVA/Serie A player, plus he is already a good player in those leagues. That is the only thing that counts for the AI managers. They do not look at attributes at all.

I never look at rating when a player does not play for me. That guy is only 19 and can become a leading PL/BBVA/Serie A player, plus he is already a good player in those leagues. That is the only thing that counts for the AI managers. They do not look at attributes at all.

lol, of course they do

Where is the proof of this? I have seen the AI sign rubbish players because of amazing form.

Where is the proof of this? I have seen the AI sign rubbish players because of amazing form.

I said - I - never look at rating when I sign players. Not that the AI don't. And then I said that the AI do not look at attributes. Player attributes. They sign 150cm world class defenders with 3 in jumping, 3 in strength and whatever. They do not look at attributes. At all.

I said - I - never look at rating when I sign players. Not that the AI don't. And then I said that the AI do not look at attributes. Player attributes. They sign 150cm world class defenders with 3 in jumping, 3 in strength and whatever. They do not look at attributes. At all.

who exactly are you that you are absolute in your opinion about what AI does and does not? maybe you are THE AI ??? chill out. of course they do! it is only normal

sorry i mis-read your post, your right the AI doesnt look directly at attributes, it looks at reputation, form and a form of CA/PA like we see.

who exactly are you that you are absolute in your opinion about what AI does and does not? maybe you are THE AI ??? chill out. of course they do! it is only normal

In the real world, sure. In FM nope. It IS only normal (or logical, which I would say) but FM is a computer game - it is not always logical. You would think that the AI managers wants to increase pace if they have a slow team, or increase work rate if they have a lazy team and struggle because of that. That is how we human managers think. However, I have seen so many so-called quality signings being recommended to me and signed by my opponents even though they have rubbish attributes, that it is blindingly obvious that the AI don't look at them at all.

Two letters:

P A

The AI can "see" this guy's PA and I assume it's pretty high, so regardless of his actual current ability or form, FM will perceive the player as a potential worldclass winger.

Actually he's quite good for his age, and the physical attributes will make him even better, mitigating the mental shortcomings.

His value is fair, and an offer of 18-20M doesn't sound too far-fetched IMO.

I've seen much much worse players attracting interest from top clubs... and I mean really awful players... just because their PA was like 160, despite their CA being 100 with horribly uneven attributes and zero chances of ever turning into something useful at a top level.

A hard working wide player who's lightning quick and good at crossing? I'll take him.

Not if i can offer 20 mil before you get wind of it and offer him 3 times his wage :D

Then you will probably go on to sign the highly touted english central defender ive been so desperate to get at my club ;)

damn club reputation, or lack of...

Two letters:

P A

The AI can "see" this guy's PA and I assume it's pretty high, so regardless of his actual current ability or form, FM will perceive the player as a potential worldclass winger.

Actually he's quite good for his age, and the physical attributes will make him even better, mitigating the mental shortcomings.

His value is fair, and an offer of 18-20M doesn't sound too far-fetched IMO.

I've seen much much worse players attracting interest from top clubs... and I mean really awful players... just because their PA was like 160, despite their CA being 100 with horribly uneven attributes and zero chances of ever turning into something useful at a top level.

+1

I saw Arsenal buy a keeper and use him as their 1st choice on FM2010.. and trust me he had the attributes to be a mediocre player.. in League 2 or BSP.. I think he had like 4-5 attributes over 10 in goalkeeping.. It was a joke.. and he played like 100 first team matches for them! - sadly didnt check his ca/pa.. but I'll bet it was around 80/90 CA ad 180-200 PA

The AI uses the exact same code as our scouts and staff do when looking at players - you have access to the exact same info as the AI does.

Not much use that, when they don't use that info like we do? I'd just wish that the AI built their teams with some coherent logic. For example Target Man + Poacher up front, Plamaker + Ball Winning Midfielder duo in the midfield and two fast and hard-working wingers. Cover and stopper defenders plus defender type full backs. Sounds good yes? After a few years all that is gone and will never come back. What is left is a random mishmash of whatever "quality signing" they come across, and it could be good if they luck out with their signings and don't sell all their creative players for instance (because they won't seek "consciously" to replace their creative players...).

The simple answer to the OP is: "because he has a high reputation/PA". The OP's arguments about him not being able to dribble and that his mental stats are poor are irrelevant to the AI managers - despite them having access to the exact same information as he does.

The OP is right - definitely a good player, but not fantastic. Not perfect. Worth 25 million pounds? Perhaps not, but if someone is willing to pay that, that is what he is worth. Economy is quite simple in cases like this.

I always have trouble finding a good DR/DL/WR/WL.... it is very weird...

if you are still curious use genie scout and check his CA and PA

I thought I was the only one having this problem, heh! It's really weird and the ones that come through my youth system are rated 1 star at most.

I signed a player 3 seasons ago on a free, hes only 19 and hes made the world team of the year and his attributes arent great. Im just baffled at how the game makes him so good and why teams like Barca were going to offer 25 million for him.

Why are you comparing this guy to messi who clearly couldnt be bought for 25 mil. A good player can play above what their stats suggest if they are playing in the right team with the right tactics, besides he looks like hes worth 25mil judging by current standards

Archived