minimum fee release clause...

is this possible in fm? I doubt it! in fm the PC teams know the exact CA and PA of each player! I would expect them to see this! also, the minimum fee release clause doesn't need scouting. it is there, when you try to make an offer

The AI has no idea that players have release clauses. Occasionally you will get media speculating in a club activating one of your players' release clause but I have never seen it happen. They usually make one bid that is lower than the release fee and if I set it to the release fee they go away (once this was a bid of 7m when the release clause was 10m).

I have also seen AI clubs bidding way over the release clause.

Maybe they want to enforce the transfer by bidding over the top so no other team will bid for the player. Kinda like Man U's recent acquisition of Phil Jones: his release clause was £16m yet they paid close to £20m so Liverpool couldn't get him.

no it doesn't need to because their fee was indeed part in installments but the clause was activated

All the transfer needs to be paid up front to activate a minimum release fee clause. If all or part of the offer is made in installments then it doesn't meet the requirements.

All the transfer needs to be paid up front to activate a minimum release fee clause. If all or part of the offer is made in installments then it doesn't meet the requirements.

As I said before, NO. they offered part of the money in installments and the clause was activated. how else can i say it? it is a fact

.... now how can I reply to that? I will state once more the facts and if you want you learn, or you do not.

his clause was 20.5M. they gave me like 7M cash and the rest 27M in 30 installments. I get the message that says the offer was accepted cause the clause was met.

ALSO, i have done it many times. If you want to keep believing that it cannot happen, be my guest

I failed to trigger a release clause using monthly instalments for a player. I can't remember who it was or what save, but I operate under the assumption that it can't happen because of that experience.

Maybe a certain amount of the release clause has to be paid up front for it to be triggered?

I just tried this out in my save. A release clause does not get triggered if you pay in monthly instalments. I added another manager and tried buying one of my players who has a release clause of 120 million.

I offered 119 million up front and 200 million over 12 months and it still won't trigger.

I failed to trigger a release clause using monthly instalments for a player. I can't remember who it was or what save, but I operate under the assumption that it can't happen because of that experience.

Maybe a certain amount of the release clause has to be paid up front for it to be triggered?

I just loaded a game and offered £39 million in monthly payments for Sergio Aguero and it was accepted that matches his release clause. The new item did not mention it triggering the release clause does the news item usually say?

I just loaded a game and offered £39 million in monthly payments for Sergio Aguero and it was accepted that matches his release clause. The new item did not mention it triggering the release clause does the news item usually say?

my news items said that it had to be accepted due to the clause. the info on the top right corner in the offer screen though it doesn't say that

I'm not sure, but I relied on what it said when I was bidding for the player.

When you bid for the player, look at the comments box on the right hand side, if the release clause will trigger, it should say it in that little box.

It reads "Offer must be accepted as it meets an active release fee."

I'm not sure, but I relied on what it said when I was bidding for the player.

When you bid for the player, look at the comments box on the right hand side, if the release clause will trigger, it should say it in that little box.

It reads "Offer must be accepted as it meets an active release fee."

that is another thing. this DOES trigger ONLY when you pay up front. but in any case you will buy the player

I've just tried it with a few players and although the message didn't appear when I bid, the offers were accepted anyway. Nothing about clauses was mentioned after that, with bids as installments or lump sums. It looks like the clauses can be activated by paying in installments.

Edit: scratch that, it looks like they are accepting smaller bids as well

I've just tried it with a few players and although the message didn't appear when I bid, the offers were accepted anyway. Nothing about clauses was mentioned after that, with bids as installments or lump sums. It looks like the clauses can be activated by paying in installments.

Edit: scratch that, it looks like they are accepting smaller bids as well

I had the first bit, but the Chairmen intervened and said ‘the offer was too good to refuse.’

Though I haven’t been able to meet a minimum release clause without paying it up-front.

Turns out you're right Vangelis. This time I actually went through with the bid and it worked. I got a message saying I've accepted the offer because it meets [player name] minimum fee release clause.

This is very odd. My whole belief system has been shattered.

Certainly helps me, I don't know if I dreamed the other scenario up or if it was in another FM.

Good news is the player I bid for is my favourite player. I gave him 250k/week, that's 4 times what I'm paying him, 7.5 in signing on fee and agent fee and yet he still rejected City. Now that's loyalty.

Archived