Tactics and Player Instructions

This is something I've thought about almost every time I make a substitution. Would it be possible to split player instructions out of the tactics screen and into the individual player profiles?

In the ideal scenario, the tactics screen would only display the squad on the pitch and allow us, the manager, to make changes to general team instructions. Each player then has a tactics or instructions tab in his profile where the manager can set the players role and duty.

Now, when you make a substitution, the player will bring in his own instructions, rather than inheriting the instructions of the player he is being brought on for. I don't imagine it being much of a problem if you substitute a striker for a defensive midfielder or a similar mismatch of positions. A simple dialogue box could pop up offering to move the player to the position indicated in his player instructions or the manager can override. Or, when doing a quick substitution from the match screen, the player's position is automatically set to his player instructions.

Obviously, it's a few clicks (X11 if you are tweaking players) to change these things as it currently stands, but I suggest this as a way to stream line tactics and substitutions.

Archived