Help please!

I'm playing a career with Barcelona, it's my first season and I have been doing pretty well, but I have one problem, a few weeks ago Pique was unhappy because he didn't like the way I handled team talks, I had a chat with him and told him I would handle them differently from now on. I assume that was because after a match that I drew away I said that the team weren't good enough but from then on I started praising them more. But now, we just won an away game against Espanyol 2-0, Pique scored a goal and was named man of the match, after the match I told the team that their performance was sensational and in the post-match press conference I said that Pique was exceptional in that match. But yet a few days after the match I get a message that says: Pique requests to be put on the Transfer list, reason being that he didn't like the way I managed the club... I don't know what to do... What could have caused it? I hired a new coach just before, could that have ****ed him off?

Please help me guys, Pique is a very important player in my team and I'll do anything to keep him...

thank you

I doubt that a 2-0 away win against Espanol would be judged by the players as sensational, which really should be kept for out of the ordinary results. Did you specifically praise him in the after match team talk- if not that should be a job to do with any MoM performance. You do need to be very careful with team talks as they can cause untold damage. Maybe say yes to the transfer, with a very high asking price, change the way you do the team talks and maybe he/they will come round and be happy.

Let your Ass Man handle team talks/press conferences until you have a better reputation and the players trust you more.

FWIW I'd say no to the transfer request, keep playing him and keep a low profile, he'll soon come round.

BTW if someone is sent off either warn them or fine them - if you show a lack of discipline during your early days as manager that's suicide!

Archived