Sudden Launch Failure

Hi. I'm running the mac version of FM 11. The game was working perfectly yesterday. I close it and leave my laptop on for the night. Now I try and turn it on today and it loads till the loading screen and then suddenly shuts off. I've tried rebooting the machine and also uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it won't work.

Is there anything I can do? I'm running the game offline from the CD but I haven't taken the disk out for a while so it shouldn't be a problem with the CD.

Thanks for any help

Edit: I just realised this is in the wrong place. I should delete the thread. Sorry for the mistake.

No error message at all. The game just shuts off. I should try to uninstall again. I'll give the CD a clean as well.

EDIT: Seems I didn't uninstall fully the first time. Did so now and it seems to be working. Thanks for the help anagain.

On further checking it out I see that the game won't allow me to load any saved game. The bar gets stuck at the same point every time.

That would suggest that there has been a fault in the saving process and the current save has been corrupted. Use the rolling 3 game autosave option, set weekly, in the future to ensure that you only lose 1 weeks game time if you have another issue.

Archived