Player interaction in negotiations

I think this should be added to the game. The most important issue that comes to my mind is asking an older ex-first team player to reduce his wages now that he is a backup player and tell him if he refuses, he will be transfer listed for financial reasons. This would add some depth to the game.

offtopic: I really think older players should ask for lower wages when their attributes and form are dropping, but surprisingly they ask for even more money. They should look into this issue. And I think if a player is old but good and famous, Qatar and UAE teams should be interested in him, that would be realistic

offtopic: I really think older players should ask for lower wages when their attributes and form are dropping, but surprisingly they ask for even more money. They should look into this issue. And I think if a player is old but good and famous, Qatar and UAE teams should be interested in him, that would be realistic

I'll have to disagree on that one, but perhaps it depends what level you're managing at. I've always found that older players start to ask for less and less money, 20% cuts in places.

I was talking about top level, my 31 year old, seriously declining central defender asked for a raise of 1m pounds. That was outrageous because he isn't worth a total 1m pounds a year at all. But as it's Turkey, and there aren't any quality regens yet, I had to give him some of the money he wanted to keep him as a backup player, and you can understand that it really costs too much

Surely this conflicts with your other topic? (see below)

I'm infuriated by players who aren't willing to even talk about a contract for a transfer to my club. I think this is quite ridiculous at some level. For example, I'm Galatasaray, dominating Turkey for the past 3 seasons and this friggin regen from a lower club won't even consider an offer. I'm willing to pay this young lad a million pounds per annum but he's got no idea. So I think we should be able to offer a contract even if they say that they aren't interested, because money IS interesting and if we've got lots of it, we can make these guys quite interested too.

I was talking about top level, my 31 year old, seriously declining central defender asked for a raise of 1m pounds. That was outrageous because he isn't worth a total 1m pounds a year at all. But as it's Turkey, and there aren't any quality regens yet, I had to give him some of the money he wanted to keep him as a backup player, and you can understand that it really costs too much

31 is peak for a central defender - he wont decline properly till around 33.

I you leave his contract until its near to running out (say 3 months) then he'll ask for a lot less.

@Ackter: I'm afraid other clubs might sign him till then, and I know the peak is 31 but somehow he started declining early

@SWaRFeGa: Well separate topics for a reason, one is about the power of money, this one is about older players knowing their place :p

That's the risk you have to take - just wait as long as you can, if another club comes in, offer him what he wants - chances are it'll still be considerably less than his initial demands.

Can see where you're coming from - my senior CB at my Greek Superleague team is the highest wage earner on £6.75k p/w. I wanted to reduce his wages and to my horror he asked for £17.5K! I've stuck him straight on the transfer list as at the moment he his performances aren't even justifying the £6.75k...

offtopic: Does our own reputation affect the players we can buy? For example, let's say that I dominated europe and for a new challenge, I took charge of a smaller club. Will I be able to buy some players above their expected quality, just because I'm a famous manager? It happens IRL

offtopic: Does our own reputation affect the players we can buy? For example, let's say that I dominated europe and for a new challenge, I took charge of a smaller club. Will I be able to buy some players above their expected quality, just because I'm a famous manager? It happens IRL

Sometimes, but it probably won't make a huge difference, especially in the short term. As club reputation is dynamic (meaning it changes throughout the game), a change in a club's stature (normally related to success in European competition) can lead to an increase in club reputation and league reputation which make attracting players easier.

In short, a successful manager being at the club won't make it more attractive to players. The success that the manager brings, however, will.

It happens in real life, when successful and famous managers sign for the major clubs of smaller leagues. I remember many examples, living in Turkey :D It would be nice if it affected a bit more, like the player would say "I would love to work with him, he is a true great" ^^

Archived