+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 101 to 136 of 136

Thread: Football Manager Handheld 12 - How would you like it?

  1. #101
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st August 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    very much like to see this game on Android. Yet it would be nice if it would be the Russian league

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    7th September 2008
    Location
    Originally posted by ajw10: I'd be done with AFC if Coq went on loan!
    Posts
    5,715

    Default

    2 things:

    1/ Live cup draws, LOVE this in the PC version.

    2/ Unlimited play (i.e. no 30 season cap)

  3. #103
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Newgens and a larger database (I'm thinking 80k players like I normally have on the pc :P)

    Editor for iOS; otherwise I'll have to resort to manually editing my save lulz.

    Ability to export your database so when the 30seasons are up you can continue with the same players.

    More complex interactions, ability to hire staff and team talks.

    (I guess these'll all have to be for a later update/2013 though if you implement them :P)

  4. #104
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th May 2003
    Location
    Southwell, Notts
    Posts
    328

    Default

    I think the transfers need looking at. As Forest I got promoted to the Premier League. I had around Ł17 million to spend on players in my first year.

    I finished 3rd in my first season - so in theory I thought I'd receive more money the following year as I had finished so high.

    But... I had roughly the same money... that can't be right?

  5. #105
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th October 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    I've played a lot on the iPhone version and I have a few items:

    1. Control the flow in the match screens better. Now some screens disappear when swiping but they can be found when pressing the match view button.
    2. When moving around the player actions, I get annoyed that when I click 'back' I am taken all the way back to the screen before the player page instead of the players 'action menu' (go to your squad, find a player, press action, press coach report, press back. You are now back on the squad overview page instead of the 'action menu')
    3. I can set a player status but this is reset every season. Please make it remember the status (its annoying going through 20 players to set the 'listed for loan'.
    4. In the Transfer Status page I can set 'demote/promote' but it is quite useless since I can do this directly on the 'action menu' page.
    5. Better control of 'Player of the Year'
    6. There is a lot of player interaction with players disliking other players. I would like to have some options to resolve these disputes without having to sell out of the team.

  6. #106
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    I've played a lot on the iPhone version and I have a few items:
    1. Control the flow in the match screens better. Now some screens disappear when swiping but they can be found when pressing the match view button.
    Will look into this.

    2. When moving around the player actions, I get annoyed that when I click 'back' I am taken all the way back to the screen before the player page instead of the players 'action menu' (go to your squad, find a player, press action, press coach report, press back. You are now back on the squad overview page instead of the 'action menu')
    This is intentional - I found that if it 'remembers' all the interim pages then frequently it annoys people who might swipe between pages or browse a lot as they'd have to 'back' a lot to get onto the squad page.

    3. I can set a player status but this is reset every season. Please make it remember the status (its annoying going through 20 players to set the 'listed for loan'.
    This is fixed for 2012.

    4. In the Transfer Status page I can set 'demote/promote' but it is quite useless since I can do this directly on the 'action menu' page.
    This is a 'safety' as if you're managing a national side quite frequently one (or more) of the options on the transfer status page might be missing.

    5. Better control of 'Player of the Year'
    I've tuned all the awards for 2012.

    6. There is a lot of player interaction with players disliking other players. I would like to have some options to resolve these disputes without having to sell out of the team.
    I'll have a think about this.

  7. #107
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th December 2003
    Location
    Örebro, Sweden
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I would like to see more viewable attributes in the game, some that for me feel really important are left out like determination, work rate, natural fitness and so on. Why not make the attributes 4 screens?

    If they are in the game to start with :P

    an idea formed in my head of having something like the graphical sextant (or what it's called) that is visible in the PC version of FM as the overview and having the three separate (physical, mental, technical/goalkeeping) as a view choice.

    In my mind this would function like when changing view from a loan contract and the players contract at his current club.

    This way the simplicity would be retained yet more attributes would be viewable in game

  8. #108
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timpino View Post
    I would like to see more viewable attributes in the game, some that for me feel really important are left out like determination, work rate, natural fitness and so on. Why not make the attributes 4 screens?
    If they are in the game to start with :P
    The FMH database is based on the same one that the PC game uses - however due to the lack of space some items are combined in order to optimally display things without going over multiple pages (which would make it much harder to assess players). For example 'Pace' is a combination of the 'Pace and Acceleration' found in the PC title etc.

    an idea formed in my head of having something like the graphical sextant (or what it's called) that is visible in the PC version of FM as the overview and having the three separate (physical, mental, technical/goalkeeping) as a view choice.
    Its an interesting concept and as an 'option' I don't object to it - however in practice I've generally found a lot of people find it confusing.

  9. #109
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th October 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    I never use the graphical sextant (or whatsitsname). Honestly I never fully understand how it works

  10. #110
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th April 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Well, the sextant is quite useful when comparing two players - which can't be done in the 2011 version. That should be implemented first

  11. #111
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th April 2004
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Some sort of cloud integration (iCloud?) so that I can save a game on my iPad and then continue it on my iPhone and then back to my iPad and so on. That would be awsome!

  12. #112
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th October 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    1. The ability to search for players of a certain country.
    2. the ability to define search criteria more detailed, e.g. age 18-19 instead of 0-21 or 19-25.

  13. #113
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th August 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I would like to have more control over the youth systems, if there could be some form of newgen through the youth systems or be able to control the regen system, as in being able to set the amount of regens that come in, but if the number is high for a season then the number of regens for the next season is low. This, I believe is a good idea, and could be made into an unlockable or a feature at the start of the game that can be turned off/on to suit the way that the player plays, as the regen system is too predictable anyway.

  14. #114
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th April 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Duferier View Post
    if there could be some form of newgen through the youth systems
    All nice, except that it must be done in such way that the database remains balanced after 30 seasons. Remember that size really matters when dealing with handheld devices.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Duferier View Post
    be able to control the regen system, as in being able to set the amount of regens that come in, but if the number is high for a season then the number of regens for the next season is low.
    The number of regens is mainly determined by the amount of old enough players in the database (I would say). Being able to control the output number could seriously unbalance the game (a high number would enforce that not so old players retire early in detriment of youngsters, a low number would see a large number of players that should have retired still on the game).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Duferier View Post
    This, I believe is a good idea
    No, it's not

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Duferier View Post
    The regen system is too predictable anyway.
    Partially true. Some players are easy to be detected due to their positions (Beckham & Giggs, for example), but goalkeepers are extremely hard to detect. The best compromise would be to make them harder to detect, maybe by slightly changing their playing positions proficiency.

    Although I am *totally* against it, as I love to know that a young Verón is ruling my midfield

  15. #115
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th April 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirdiff View Post
    Newgens and a larger database (I'm thinking 80k players like I normally have on the pc :P)
    Maybe when they release iPhone dual-core with 4gb of dedicated RAM

  16. #116
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rafafloripa View Post
    Maybe when they release iPhone dual-core with 4gb of dedicated RAM
    My phone is already dual-core with 1gb RAM, nearly there! :P

    +1 for the sextuant, also seeing my player faces would definitely be cool (if somewhat clunky on such a small screen^^)
    Newgens are a must! I've said it before but I'll say it again. Also greater tactical control and player interaction.

  17. #117
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th March 2010
    Posts
    123

    Default

    It would be nice to see a revamped graphical theme, more akin to its big brother on the PC and Mac. Current FM has a great look. The layout on FMHi is very good and practical, just the graphics on the layout could benefit from a more modern look. Some eye candy does a lot for marketing as well these days.

    This would increase the application size, but I believe would still run very smoothly. The game already runs very fast in most devices, besides the iPhone, iPod and iPad are able to run many graphic-intensive games, even 3D ones as you can see by the offers in the App Store. So it would surely support an improved graphical theme, with reflections or some eye candy that only designers know how to do. You know... make it look more "Appleish", iOS users have a thing for such things!

  18. #118
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th October 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    I think the save-tactic feature is a good one, but it irritates me that I have to type the name for it first before selecting the slot. If I have to save over another saved tactic (updating a previous one), then I have to name it again and then select it.

    How about changing the order? Select which tactic-save-place to save, then open up the keyboard in order to type the name. If the save already have a name, then let that name be in the box so you just press 'enter'

  19. #119
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2005
    Location
    malloc()
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    I think the save-tactic feature is a good one, but it irritates me that I have to type the name for it first before selecting the slot. If I have to save over another saved tactic (updating a previous one), then I have to name it again and then select it.

    How about changing the order? Select which tactic-save-place to save, then open up the keyboard in order to type the name. If the save already have a name, then let that name be in the box so you just press 'enter'
    I agree to this.


    Also, fix the Options-Preferences-View-User Interface-Invert Scrolling enabled because each time you load a game it has to be set up again despite it shows it as 'Yes'. You have to set it to 'No', confirm and go back to it to set it to 'Yes' and confirm once again, then it works on your loaded game.

  20. #120
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Chief_ View Post
    IAlso, fix the Options-Preferences-View-User Interface-Invert Scrolling enabled because each time you load a game it has to be set up again despite it shows it as 'Yes'. You have to set it to 'No', confirm and go back to it to set it to 'Yes' and confirm once again, then it works on your loaded game.
    Already done for 2012 - sorry about that (same issue existed with 'Wide Scrollbar' setting also if I remember right)

  21. #121
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Crowd sounds in the match, surely it can't be that hard?
    Last edited by Ceirdiff; 27-09-2011 at 17:49.

  22. #122
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th July 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    131

    Default

    The only thing I want is longer limit on seasons. That's it. I'd be happy with a revamped 2011 version, but I just want more time.

  23. #123
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    It would be cool if the save format was more open in the next version so that it is easier for the community to extract stats from it and potentially create an editor. That's one of my biggest nuances, I can't understand what an earth is going on in the save file. Hex editor shows a load of nonsense and looping through each character in python to try and understand what on earth is going on takes hours for it to get past a massive list of names (which doesn't include Messi ).

  24. #124
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Ability to create multiple shortlists - Wonderkids, Players retiring etc
    Totals: goals/assists etc on player history screen
    Ability to click on international results
    'Transfer centre' Ability to see who you're bidding for or currently in negotiations with
    Ability to compare players

  25. #125
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Ability to delay accepting a transfer.

  26. #126
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2006
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Mls and a couple of other leagues and making it not so easy to get a team built of quality regens in season 2-3

  27. #127
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th August 2007
    Posts
    97

    Default

    How would I like it?
    Now please.

  28. #128
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd October 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    First of all, thanks for opportunity play FM on my ipad Second, i'm so hoping, that in 2012 handheld version i get not 1/10 cut PC manager version (because i have to say, i was a bit disappointed)...FM can take 1GB, or 4GB my tablets space (i'm not bother about it) but it should run as it should, with all goodness Best wishes from Lithuania! p.s sorry for my english

  29. #129
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deiwuzas View Post
    First of all, thanks for opportunity play FM on my ipad Second, i'm so hoping, that in 2012 handheld version i get not 1/10 cut PC manager version (because i have to say, i was a bit disappointed)...FM can take 1GB, or 4GB my tablets space (i'm not bother about it) but it should run as it should, with all goodness Best wishes from Lithuania! p.s sorry for my english
    The current tablets aren't powerful enough to run FM PC* and to be honest I don't think the UI complexity or speed of the FM PC game would suit handheld devices particularly for the vast majority of their users; as such at present there are no plans to simply dump FM PC onto a tablet.

    *Its not just storage space - its processing power also.

  30. #130
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th December 2010
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    The current tablets aren't powerful enough to run FM PC* and to be honest I don't think the UI complexity or speed of the FM PC game would suit handheld devices particularly for the vast majority of their users; as such at present there are no plans to simply dump FM PC onto a tablet.

    *Its not just storage space - its processing power also.
    I'd be interested to know what kind of specs you think would be needed, just theoretically, when you take into consideration that the PC version has to run under Vista or Windows 7. Vista is bloated hog of an OS, whereas the iPad 2 runs on a phone OS which is massively less resource hungry and faster. My dual core 3Ghz PC is fast enough, but the dual core 1GHz iPad 2 isn't? I agree that having a screen full of tiny information slots and trying to control it with a large finger is impractical though, I just wondered what hardware specs running iOS, you thought would do it?

  31. #131
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    I'd imagine that memory management would be a massive issue...

  32. #132
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jugster View Post
    I'd be interested to know what kind of specs you think would be needed, just theoretically, when you take into consideration that the PC version has to run under Vista or Windows 7. Vista is bloated hog of an OS, whereas the iPad 2 runs on a phone OS which is massively less resource hungry and faster. My dual core 3Ghz PC is fast enough, but the dual core 1GHz iPad 2 isn't? I agree that having a screen full of tiny information slots and trying to control it with a large finger is impractical though, I just wondered what hardware specs running iOS, you thought would do it?
    A processor which was somewhere near as powerful as those found in budget laptops would help for starters (please do bear in mind that much is made of 'dual core' phones and suchlike - but that doesn't mean much if the individual cores themselves aren't powerful - for a comparison I worked on a multi-processor system with 64 processors running concurrently in it 20 years ago ... but the total processing power was far less than found in a modern desktop PC with a single core).

    Multi-core processor systems are clever for mobile devices because they are energy efficient (ie. don't drain batteries particually quickly) and 'sound fast' (ie. 'the name for that processor sounds similar to whats in my desktop') but in reality they are quite far from it when compared to modern PC's - thats one of the reasons that the manufacturers go out of their way to ensure that speed tests for such things aren't easily comparable (ie. it keeps the myth that these devices are 'fast' alive, now don't get me wrong some DO have fancy 3d hardware these days - but thats a different beast altogether and doesn't help our games that much tbh).

    PS - As I mentioned previously regardless of spec I don't think the full complexity of the FM PC game suits a handheld system personally - the style of play people generally expect from such things (and UI limitations on handheld touchscreen devices).
    I realize that not everyone wants the style of play that FMH provides - but equally not everyone has the time available to play FM PC ... its impossible to please everyone all of the time (it may be that one day in the far flung future FM PC does migrate at least partially onto tablets and suchlike, but if it does I expect FMH to continue in order to allow people who prefer that approach to management gaming to get their 'fix').
    Last edited by Marc Vaughan; 03-10-2011 at 17:38.

  33. #133
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2010
    Posts
    390

    Default

    The processors going into phones have a much smaller cache space than that found in a desktop processor, so memory intensive tasks will take much longer, besides, I doubt they could do as much per processor round as a desktop. A 1gH in a phone will be slower than the equivalent in a desktop.

  34. #134
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th March 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
    The current tablets aren't powerful enough to run FM PC* and to be honest I don't think the UI complexity or speed of the FM PC game would suit handheld devices particularly for the vast majority of their users; as such at present there are no plans to simply dump FM PC onto a tablet.

    *Its not just storage space - its processing power also.
    You couldn't just have a watered down version of the PC game though could you? Like FIFA and PES do with their iPhone games. Maybe take out the 3D Pitch as that takes up a lot, take out unlimited seasons and maybe have it at 100 seasons maximum. Similar to the 2005 to 2008 games, before the 'big' features came into play.???

  35. #135
    Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th January 2000
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    5,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bantam Searley95 View Post
    You couldn't just have a watered down version of the PC game though could you? Like FIFA and PES do with their iPhone games. Maybe take out the 3D Pitch as that takes up a lot, take out unlimited seasons and maybe have it at 100 seasons maximum. Similar to the 2005 to 2008 games, before the 'big' features came into play.???
    In a word - no, its not as simple as it sounds there are many oddities even beyond the basic processing/storage requirements.

    For instance a computer OS (Windows/OSX/whatever) has very solid memory management and generally handles fragmentation well - handheld device operating systems (iOS or whatever) generally don't ... so you have to code things specifically to avoid fragmentation ..... which isn't something which has been done with FM PC.

  36. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    7th January 2011
    Location
    EDIT : definitely not the readers mothers Mr Brock.
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I want to be able to have the top Brazilian league only along with England, Spain and Italy. I played in Brazil but when moving to Europe the database is screwed saturated with Brazilians and the end of season is in January or around that time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts