Can you return to an old club?

If you leave them for another team? I seem to remember that in earlier editions you were even taken off the favoured personnel list if you bolted. I spent 20 years with my Hungarian team, won them 8 CL and a bunch of other trophies, I became a club legend and they named the new stadium after me, and I'm still on their legends list. However, they still pick noname managers over me when I apply. Has anyone managed to do this?

somehow, when human manager leaves a club for a bigger club or any club, the human manager will become the "dislike person" of the club, even though he was listed as legend or icon before.

has been there for quite some time now...

somehow, when human manager leaves a club for a bigger club or any club, the human manager will become the "dislike person" of the club, even though he was listed as legend or icon before.

has been there for quite some time now...

Best option is just to use FMRTE to remove that.

If that's still the case, it's my absolute number one dislike in the game. What if you leave for an International job, or go to another continent after 30 yrs of success, why should you be hated? Should still be an icon imo.

Well I'm still a legend, so I didn't think they dislike me now, but I fired up FMRTE to be sure and they still love me apparently, they just don't want to hire me.

Guest markyosullivan

I think sometimes the fans would push for you to return to the club if you were a really good manager (remember how all the Liverpool fans wanted "King Kenny" back?)

I think sometimes the fans would push for you to return to the club if you were a really good manager (remember how all the Liverpool fans wanted "King Kenny" back?)

never happened in my games. are you sure this is ingame?

I remember when I played FM09 for the first time, I started with Tottenham. During my campaign there, I didn't manage to reach the UCL positions, but I managed to win the UEFA Cup against Juventus. Some time later, I wanted to coach Cameroon and I didn't know back then that I could manage both at the same time, so I left. Some years later they came to offer me to come back, but I had to refuse :(

Thanks, I wonder why it didn't happen then. I can't have been the money, because they're the third richest club in the world. There would have been no compensation either, as I was unemployed at the time. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep wandering around Europe, winning every other league then :D

Archived