Idea - Scouting based on potential promotion/relegation.

I had a thought that a good addition to the scouting system would be the ability to assign scouts to look for players based on the league you could end up in the following season.

If for example you start off the season in the Championship with the ambition of winning promotion, it would be nice to have a database of transfer targets available to you at the end of the season should the teams ambition become a reality. Of course preparing for relegation in the same manner could also be introduced.

Any thoughts?

I would like scouts to realise you're getting promoted and say whether this player is good enough to play in your new league.

Yes and then hopefully the ability to assign scouts to only search for that standard of player.

I had a thought that a good addition to the scouting system would be the ability to assign scouts to look for players based on the league you could end up in the following season.

If for example you start off the season in the Championship with the ambition of winning promotion, it would be nice to have a database of transfer targets available to you at the end of the season should the teams ambition become a reality. Of course preparing for relegation in the same manner could also be introduced.

Any thoughts?

I do this anyway, it seems pretty pointless to sign players who are good for the league I am in if I want to get out of it... signing players that can play at the higher level means that I don't have to change too much when we are promoted.

Archived