For Si please read. Comments

Hi, I want to say something about football manager 2011:

In my opinion, its gaming engine is too much repetitious, always the same actions, cpu always marks a goal on its first shot, if your players get low on motivation everything goes bad in the whole game time.

Is it possible that sigames doesn't want to solve this problems ? does it like to always have the same situations ? Why doesn't it put back in the game the with or without ball movements and making the game engine back up from scratch ?

These are my thoughts, in my opinion a management game should be more simuative because should it became arcade it would be boring after a few hours, a manager must be able to order his team to do what he wants on the tactical matter.

Afraid I'm not milnerpoint, but hey.

In my opinion, its gaming engine is too much repetitious, always the same actions,

It is a very young gaming engine, this is only the third iteration from SI. I'm sure that over time, it will improve and expand.

cpu always marks a goal on its first shot,

No it doesn't.

if your players get low on motivation everything goes bad in the whole game time.

If your players aren't motivated, that is to be expected. If they don't care about winning, their performances will be lethargic and you will be made to look pedestrian against a more motivated side. Similarly for low morale, players will go out with a defeatist attitude.

Is it possible that sigames doesn't want to solve this problems ?

No, but they are only human.

Well the best example I can think of right now of a team with low motivation would be france at the world cup.

Also it may feel like the AI always scores with their first shot, but its not something that happens to everyone.

Hi, I want to say something about football manager 2011:

In my opinion, its gaming engine is too much repetitious, always the same actions, cpu always marks a goal on its first shot, if your players get low on motivation everything goes bad in the whole game time.

If you play the exact same formation every game and watch key highlights, it might seem a bit more repetetive, but it isn't. Again, if you watch in key highlights it might seem like every first shot is scored, but it really isn't. It's just your imagination.

These are my thoughts, in my opinion a management game should be more simuative because should it became arcade it would be boring after a few hours, a manager must be able to order his team to do what he wants on the tactical matter.

I don't understand this part. FM is in no way arcadey, and I feel like my team resonds when I make tactical adjustments.

There could (of course) be more animations yes, which would provide more variation.

Team talks are overhyped in the game in my opinion. It is true that motivation and morale are important aspects of football (or most things in life), but too much depends on one click of a button as it is now. Motivation isn't fluctuating as much as it does in FM11, in real life. It is the work being done every day of the week and the results thereof that influences morale and motivation the most, not whatever the manager says in the changing room an hour before the match.

And yes, it is better watching Extended than Key.

I got what you mean but I've been playing it many hours each day for many months and years. I sure like this game, but it has been repetitious in these last years and i guess that no one may deny it.

It's the only decent management game available, but they can't let the management matter aside and show up little changes as if they were big news. They are cheating us, I can't as the manager tell my player where to place because the game engine doesn't allow that, I can't give instructions on the set pieces because the game makes them run anything goes on the set pieces, I can only tell them how to take position.

In summation, it has become a quite boring game and it has become just like an arcade in which you just have to repeat the same right moves to win, but if the cpu is like so it just scores on you even if you make all the moves and follow all the guides.

Is it a management game or just a game in which you do the right thing and always win ?

I deny it. I don't think it has become repetitive. What works one week, doesn't work the next. What works against one opponent doesn't work against another. It is no more repetitive than any other game that exists - you need a full armoury of tricks.

The game engine does have it's limitations, but can you give an example of what it isn't allowing you to do? Where it isn't allowing you to place players? Same with the limitations on set pieces - I'm sure it's a combination of coding limitations, and the fact that there is only so much interest in setting up set pieces. Other than where to aim the corners, where you want your players to be standing and attacking, and who takes them, few sides put more detail into this.

I wholly reject the notion that it has become a boring game, or is anything like an arcade. Repeating the same moves does not guarantee success until you plateau your level and reputation, and only if you can build a squad of carefully managed personalities.

All of your points are way too vague as well, which is kind of frustrating.

It's the only decent management game available, but they can't let the management matter aside and show up little changes as if they were big news. They are cheating us, I can't as the manager tell my player where to place because the game engine doesn't allow that.

Pretty much every possible position in football is available in FM.

You need to understand that the position to place in FM is not a fixed position its more a guide as to which area of the pitch to work within. From that adjustments are made by the instructions you give the players.

I got what you mean but I've been playing it many hours each day for many months and years. I sure like this game, but it has been repetitious in these last years and i guess that no one may deny it.

It's the only decent management game available, but they can't let the management matter aside and show up little changes as if they were big news. They are cheating us, I can't as the manager tell my player where to place because the game engine doesn't allow that, I can't give instructions on the set pieces because the game makes them run anything goes on the set pieces, I can only tell them how to take position.

In summation, it has become a quite boring game and it has become just like an arcade in which you just have to repeat the same right moves to win, but if the cpu is like so it just scores on you even if you make all the moves and follow all the guides.

Is it a management game or just a game in which you do the right thing and always win ?

I deny it as well, the game is not repetitive, certainly when you compare it to the older versions of CM/FM. In those you would simply choose the same tactics every game and always win. Nowadays you are forced to assess each match as it comes along, and there are so many things to do between games.

Press conferences are repetitive and boring in my opinion, if that's the sort of thing you were getting at.

I agree that morale has too much of an impact. If everyones morale is poor you can easily go on a 6+ game losing streak, now this happens IRL. But not 1/2 times every season.

I'm telling you right now which are the flaws of this game

I won't way that they score at their first shot. I say that the game is quickly challenging if you just don't comment the pre match talks or the half time talks.

Second thing : the market in this game is still unreal.

Third thing: movements with or without ball are very important in a manager, lacking them means letting players go random in some situations and this is a shame.

Is it then possible to double a player ? I think it's not.

Coupling with fast and skilled players are almost useless even if you have good center defenders

The game engine may be young, but having always the same animations and actions is boring.

And please let me know what you find so funny in this game, I don't feel like a real manager if I cannot work on details

Other negative aspect: marking players on set pieces, it's impossible in the way perfect

I know in a tournament of Fm Online , the majority of goal rates regards set pieces.

How can you explain this?

Well thats an easy one, the users are exploiting the corner cheat results in a high % of goals coming from wide set pieces.

And this should be good thing?

Ain't right to complain for this?

You are right to raise the issue in a constructive manner but your original post never mentioned the corner exploit.

For the record SI are aware of it as it has been raised on the forums several times since FM11 was released however it seems that it is a very difficult area to fix. Different corner exploit have been present in the last few versions of FM with varying degrees of success and each time SI has fixed it another has appeared. The one in FM11 is nowhere near as bad as others in the past but given the right taker and outfield player it is still an issue.

The corner exploit can be avoided by simply not using it. Therefore not a major flaw. I have no idea what the exploit is in this version and don't want to know.

Maybe you no use this. But more people the use this.

You can't say this isn't serious because it's not true ok?

Maybe you no use this. But more people the use this.

You can't say this isn't serious because it's not true ok?

I can say it's not serious for my game. I don't use exploit, therefore it doesn't affect my game.

How come you sent me a PM accusing me of being in league with SI?? Yes I defend the game sometimes, but I am also quite critical at times as well. Why not have a look at some of my previous posts. In amongst the 4,000 odd there are at least 10 where I criticise the game. :)

If you want to have a personal dig at me in future, please post it in the thread for all to see and don't tone it down.

The corner exploit can be avoided by simply not using it. Therefore not a major flaw. I have no idea what the exploit is in this version and don't want to know.

Doesn't the corner bug affect the default corner settings? This will mean that it is still a flaw because the AI "exploits" it without knowing - so if you don't exploit it, you put yourself at an unrealistic and unfair disadvantage. So avoiding it has other issues.

Doesn't the corner bug affect the default corner settings? This will mean that it is still a flaw because the AI "exploits" it without knowing - so if you don't exploit it, you put yourself at an unrealistic and unfair disadvantage. So avoiding it has other issues.

In which case I would be using it! But I'm not top of the league in terms of goals from corners, tend to finish around 4th or 5th each season on default with some slight tweaks.

OP. i sympathise with your frustration as i myself used to have this mindset. However I've come to learn that it was my lack of understanding about the ME which led to this attitude not the actual game.

The current ME is pretty damn impressive minus a couple of small issues the corner bug is certainly one of them their are a few more much smaller ones which you'll hardly notice to be honest.

I don't want to patronise you but i found most issues when i felt the AI cheating we're down to either my instructions or the player i'd selected being caught out due to a flaw within him.

I think we must stress here that football isn't a game of perfection and this is something we need to learn to accept within the ME. a player with 20 in every attribute isn't going to do the right thing 100% of the time that just doesn't reflect real life.

If you want to discuss specific issues within the ME i'd be happy to do that with you and maybe we can all figure some workarounds to these issues with you.

OP. i sympathise with your frustration as i myself used to have this mindset. However I've come to learn that it was my lack of understanding about the ME which led to this attitude not the actual game.

The current ME is pretty damn impressive minus a couple of small issues the corner bug is certainly one of them their are a few more much smaller ones which you'll hardly notice to be honest.

I don't want to patronise you but i found most issues when i felt the AI cheating we're down to either my instructions or the player i'd selected being caught out due to a flaw within him.

I think we must stress here that football isn't a game of perfection and this is something we need to learn to accept within the ME. a player with 20 in every attribute isn't going to do the right thing 100% of the time that just doesn't reflect real life.

If you want to discuss specific issues within the ME i'd be happy to do that with you and maybe we can all figure some workarounds to these issues with you.

And it's normal in the football than all match played with human are win with cheat of set pieces?

It's so poor match engine of set pieces for have every same situations of goals?

If your complaint is in regards to FML then your anguish will be over soon as it's closing.

Everyone has acknowledged their is a issue with the amount of calls scored from corners. Personally i think this maybe overstated and could be down to any number of variables.

As the corner specific issue is well known i'm sure it'll be fixed from FM2012

???

Where have you heard that? link?

It was something Paul Collyer had put in a FML thread which has been deleted as the game has finished now.

You've misunderstood what he said, at the time the team were deciding what work would be done on the ME for FM12, that means in terms of developing it from it's current state, his note of finality was in reference to the chance of making any changes to the ME in FML.

Because the instructions already exist.

Your formation is your defensive setup while the instructions you give relate to how the player reacts with & without the ball.

You won't get the options that were taken out years ago as this allowed players to play in two positions which is impossible in real life.

Why Sigames reject introducing of movements with and without ball?

the with/without ball screens that used to be available in older games is unrealistic as you cannot tell 11 players the exact position they need to be in for 90 minutes.

watch any football game and you will see players being dragged out of position due to the flow of the game. it is simply not as simple as assigning regimented positions for your team to be in as the opposition will simply change their approach to counteract this.

The without ball would depend on your marking, closing down and defensive line. If you man mark, then your players will be moving all over the place, depending on where the opposition go. If you zonal mark, then they should stay in roughly the same shape as your formation, but may be pulled out of that to close down the ball or be higher up the pitch if you are pushing up.

All the tactical advancements over the years haev rendered the with/without ball screen obselete.

The without ball would depend on your marking, closing down and defensive line. If you man mark, then your players will be moving all over the place, depending on where the opposition go. If you zonal mark, then they should stay in roughly the same shape as your formation, but may be pulled out of that to close down the ball or be higher up the pitch if you are pushing up.

All the tactical advancements over the years haev rendered the with/without ball screen obselete.

I no agreement with you because for me movements without ball are indipendent from settings of squad and single player.

I would talk with sigames member for know intection of this. i don't think than without ball depends from squad settings..

The changes can't really cover with/without ball instructions though... One pet peeve for me is that a lack of arrows can't allow me to play the "Gattuso" role properly, which would be MCr with a sideways arrow to MR - midfielders that are slightly wide.

The issue was that with/without ball instructions allowed for exploit tactics and it was really awkward to keep moving players around.

So I don't think it's obselete, but it covers most cases. I just wish we had some sideways arrow functionality and more width control for some players.

So tell me if you would use gattuso for mc lateral like setting gattuso ...

For me for all positions have need of menu change and movements without ball are good if movements defensive and attacks are edit.

Without this movements are all random..

For me for all positions have need of menu change and movements without ball are good if movements defensive and attacks are edit.

Newsflash for you Sammer, A manager doesn't control the players in real life, he simply gives them guidelines to follow then they do their own thing on the pitch.

So tell me if you would use gattuso for mc lateral like setting gattuso ...

The movements aren't random. They are controlled as mentioned before, by things like your defensive line, marking, and also whether you set them to stick to position or roam more.

These are much more realistic than saying "stand in this particular spot when the opposition has the ball in this area, but if they move forward 10 yards then you must move back 10 yards".

Archived