When do you want it?

I want it now. Will that make any difference whatsoever? Or will I have to wait until Sept/Oct time like always?

Maybe if enough people cry loud enough SI will release it early, because it's likely to be finished, right? They're just embargoing it for kicks.

I want it the same time as it's usually released sep/oct time. THEN the squads will be accurate.

But I dont care if I have to wait until December if it means the game will be better.

More to the point when will the 9.02 patch be released so we can play on it without wanting to throw the laptop out the window?

Bit harsh, at least wait till its out before you slate it.

FM09 will have to offer something new or improved for me to stump up the cash this time round.

More leagues? Yawn.

More media? Who needs it?

Improvements to Match Engine? I'll play the demo to assess.

Better transfers? Play the demo.

Better Board Confidence? >> Demo

If they're release FM09 at the end of October, the demo can't be all that far off, say 6-8 weeks?

And so on...

Hopefully it will sort out a few of the legal issues, so your players can be caught up in scandal, not fifa esque, but just a bit, to make you laugh and cry a bit more. Also a bit more variation in players PA from game to game, so we're all left guessing/ have new experiences each time instead of drawing up the same old short list!

• SI Staff
i think it should be released just beforre start of season so teams have accurate squads

If it was to be released at the start of the season (say, 1st August for example) then it would have to be complete around now, the start of July.

At the moment teams haven't completed their transfer dealings (some have not even started yet), some teams haven't revealed their kits for the coming season and they haven't done their photoshoots for the new season for us to update the player pictures.

If the game was completed today and tomorrow Cristiano Ronaldo joins Real Madrid then by the time the game comes out at the start of the season he would still be at Man Utd.

I wouldn't pay any attention to play about release dates for anything if I were you. They've been advertising a release date for Elite4 for ages and that game is not even in development yet and I personally doubt it ever will be.

Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5822240/Football-Manager-2009/Product.html

Due for release on 31/10/2008

I wouldn't pay any attention to play about release dates for anything if I were you. They've been advertising a release date for Elite4 for ages and that game is not even in development yet and I personally doubt it ever will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA! I just checked and they really are, that's quite absurd! I knew they were bad but this is really another level.

Archived