Sons (blatant show-off thread)

"Originally posted by r0x0r

The midfielder R Butt... Please tell me he was Richard?

Dick Butt would be my favourite CM ever.

Id bet you a years wages he is called Ross.

In fact, id even throw in a Bacon sandwich!

But how do you know he isnt your son? He could be, just doesnt have you down as favoured personell as he actually hates you. :p

I'm not in his favourite personnel. Also, he wasn't born in St. Albans.

I think to be your son, you have to be in his favourite personnel (and maybe he has to be in yours, I don't know?) and he has to be born in the same city/town as your club.

I think mine was just a case of me having a fairly common surname. :(

The only thing I did wonder was if by having a nickname set at the time (I was taking screenshots for my career thread) it might not have triggered the favourite personnel thing. However, I think that's just me clutching at straws.

I think the reality I that he's not my son. I wish he was though as he looks like he could be a half decent, if slightly limited, striker! :(

Never had a son in game either :(

But I kind of adopted a guy who's named exactly the same as me, he's my favourite fake son, and a crappy player.

I'm into 2026 and still waiting for my boy to show up and be a rockstar.

Id be interested to see how old Ackter is as a manager in the game. Could this have something to do with getting a son? As the player is 34 years old and he is into year 2051, so 41 years after start season. So you must be into your 70's surely?

Id be interested to see how old Ackter is as a manager in the game. Could this have something to do with getting a son? As the player is 34 years old and he is into year 2051, so 41 years after start season. So you must be into your 70's surely?

Think I'm 69 at the moment in it.

Terrible at long throws... ;)

What's his disciplinary record like, out of interest?

Not too bad. Think he's had a couple of bans for yellows, and got his first red card at the age of 33.

so you must be 28 now? Interesting. Same age as me ;) Unless you lie about your age. hehe.

69...wonder how long it will be before the game forces you to retire, because you lack the ability to go to the toilet on your own anymore and need a zimmer frame to get to the dugout.

iirc it's me, a bunch of backroom staff I don't have any more, some of my overall best X1 I don't have any more and Tunnicliffe.

Will upload later tonight probably once my parents have left and I can get back on my PC.

I'm not in his favourite personnel. Also, he wasn't born in St. Albans.

I think to be your son, you have to be in his favourite personnel (and maybe he has to be in yours, I don't know?) and he has to be born in the same city/town as your club.

I think mine was just a case of me having a fairly common surname. :(

The only thing I did wonder was if by having a nickname set at the time (I was taking screenshots for my career thread) it might not have triggered the favourite personnel thing. However, I think that's just me clutching at straws.

I think the reality I that he's not my son. I wish he was though as he looks like he could be a half decent, if slightly limited, striker! :(

All things point to a 1 night stand imo

IIRC it's literally completely random.

There's a tiny chance of a son everytime a player is generated at your club.

would be creepy to get a 15 yo son in the game when the manager is 30.

Nah, you thought I've been cheating since I posted him the first time in the OTF thread.

You'd think someone with a striker scoring 150 goals a season in their team wouldn't get so jealous ;)

Archived