+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The manager persona you adopt while having press conferences with yourself.

Amateur

Smile The manager persona you adopt while having press conferences with yourself.

So... many of us have the 'personal' press conference, whether it's on the loo, in the car or lying in bed staring at the ceiling.

My question is, is it just me who adopts the personality of an existing manager in doing so?

An example. Yesterday driving home, thinking about my upcoming League Cup clash with Dagenham, asking questions to myself, I found my brain and mouth replying in the style of Harry Redknapp. I had an alarming inclination to describe everything as being 'triffic' and when asked about upcoming transfer targets (in my head...) I often replied with 'I dunno, you'll 'ave to arsk the chairman, i've not a bladdy clue, guvnah'

It's distressing. I don't want my manager to be Harry Redknapp. He's in his mid-30s and Russian.

Semi Pro

Haha

Sadly enough, I adopt what I could only describe as the 'preocupied genius' persona. He's so caught up with the world of football that he often loses a sense of perspective. Very self-assured and more than a little arrogant. Generous with praise and humourous in temprement, but always with a mischevious motive behind it all. Nonetheless you'd either love him or loathe him because he is obviously, undoubtedly brilliant

Hmm this is beginning to sound more than a little like Jose Mourinho...

...with a dash of Alex Ferguson mixed in

Amateur

Imagine Gennaro Gattuso, as a manager, completely plastered after drinking all day and you have me during my imaginary press conferences.

Amateur

Anyone else?

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

I'm always myself, which means I'll start talking in great detail about the attribute changes in my players over recent months, what roles he is becoming increasingly suited for, what this means for his team mate who has changed in these attributes...

+ Reply to Thread