+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Players that spent all their playing career at your club

Part-Timer

Default Players that spent all their playing career at your club

I've bought this scottish gem when he was 16 from Dundee United on my FM10 long-term save game with Man City.

He played right from the start. First 3 seasons was a bench player, but played almost all the games. At 23 he was an established first team player and won european midfielder of the year (he won it only once in his entire career).

This is him just before he retired (I don't know why he retired at only 36 - just look at those mental attributes) and his entire playing career for my club. I'm a little sad because he hasn't scored his 100 league goal for Mn City in his last 2 seasons (when he returned to the bench).

In this thread, post players you've had at your club their entire career and post their playing history for your club. Dedicated to players like Maldini, Baresi or Totti. If the player is produced by your own academy, you must be very proud and lucky.

Semi Pro

I uninstalled FM10, so I can't get to Stuart English's playing history Ahh, no. I still have it

*Is playing more FM10 again to make him seem even more awesome. Can't believe he's still only 28.
    Last edited by tom_numbers; 12-05-2011 at 11:03.

First Team Squad Member

oooh ive got a few of these ill post up later

PW

Well he seems to have aged quite well judging by his photo!

Part-Timer

Now he's a coach at the club he served all his life

Part-Timer

Quality coach!

I was going to say did you ask him to reconsider retiring cos he could play a couple of season more but his coaching attributes look awesome already :O
    Last edited by Lazaru5; 12-05-2011 at 10:47. Reason: numpty

First Team Squad Member

interesting how he has knowledge of all those countries despite only playing in Britain, i wonder how the game calculates that when they become coaches.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaru5 View Post
    Quality coach!

I was going to say did you ask him to reconsider retiring cos he could play a couple of season more but his coaching attributes look awesome already :O
    I did ask him to consider his retirement, but he refused me. I was shocked to see him retire at that age considering that mental attributes, but he probably retired because he wasn't a 1st team player anymore in the last 2 and a half seasons.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    interesting how he has knowledge of all those countries despite only playing in Britain, i wonder how the game calculates that when they become coaches.
    To answer your question, this are his favoured personnel players: some are from Germany, one is from Ireland, one is from Bulgaria, I'm from Romania etc. Maybe this is the reason why he got the knowledge from that countries.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by milnerpoint View Post
    favoured personnel

in 9.1 even we got the knowledge bars on our profile when a "foreign" manager/player/coach added us to his favoured personnel... I was disappointed to lose that in 9.2 and since

First Team Squad Member

AHHH i didnt know that was taking into context, that explains why one of my players who had only played in Scotland has good Spanish knowledge it has been confusing me for ages!!! Cheers

Semi Pro

I almost regret loaning him out for that one season, not least because he broke his leg in his third game.

Banned

I posted this a couple of weeks back in another thread:

At the tender age of 38 Oxford legend Engin Bekdemir has announced his decision to retire from playing at the end of the season on my FM2010 save. He declined my offer to reconsider his retirement.

I'd like to pay hommage to one of Oxford's greatest servants. Whilst he's not been one of my most prolific players, he's still had a glittering career and currently holds the Oxford club records of the oldest goal scorer (38 years and 94 days) and the most league appearances for the club (578). In his first game for Oxford, we were a League Two side and his final game in football was a sub appearance in the Champions League final on the winning side.

Thanks for the memories!

Banned

Just to add, Engin Bekdemir has been my assistant manager for the last 2 seasons.

Part-Timer

We should have option to unable change same jersey number and retire said shirt number for a players who had spent 10+ years in a same club.

Amateur

This feller has been with me from the youth team. Not played him in the league this year and his contract is up at the end of the year. May not offer him another deal as his back legs have gone but i am hoping i will get the option to offer him a job as a coach. I keep droping him a hint.

Can anybody tell me how to do nice, good sized shots as others have above. In the meantime ctrl & + pressed twice to enlarge.
    Last edited by kerching; 12-05-2011 at 16:53. Reason: Why are my screenshots pants.

Semi Pro

uploading to tinypic and setting to 800 x 600 is what I usually do.

Youth Team

I set to max size at imageshack but feel like a bandit because it extends beyond the boundaries of the forum...

Youth Team

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

---------------------

Jonathan Viera, a club legend. I cannot see a reason why he would want to leave, so in 10 seasons I can see him taking a coaching role at the club. I also have Juanpe still at the club, who is also a pure club product.

Amateur

Two of my longest serving players, hopefully they'll stay with the club till they retire.

+ Reply to Thread