This Game is a Complete Joke!

I've had enough of this game. Too Many Bugs, Crash Dumps and Injures. This is the worst Football Manager Game ever made. I have been playing these games since Championship Manager days. This is the first FM game i have to give up. I'am going back to FM 10.

Also an idea for FM 12. Fix all the Bugs and Crash Dumps before it gets released.

Have you tried reporting these bugs and crash dumps to help assist the developers understand what is going wrong? They may be able to give you some advice, or will know of changes they need to make for the next version.

With regards to injuries, I was unaware there was a problem with their being too many injuries? I certainly haven't had anywhere near the number of injuries in game that Middlesbrough have had in real life this year for example.

Have you tried reporting these bugs and crash dumps to help assist the developers understand what is going wrong? They may be able to give you some advice, or will know of changes they need to make for the next version.

With regards to injuries, I was unaware there was a problem with their being too many injuries? I certainly haven't had anywhere near the number of injuries in game that Middlesbrough have had in real life this year for example.

I started a new game yesterday with Hibs and on the first day of my new save my best midfielder Liam Miller gets injured in training for two months.

no game is ever bug free, and a vast majority of crash dumps occur as a result of too much editing especially with the likes of FMRTE, that's how I get most of my crash dumps. And for god sake don't give up, it's a damn good game.

How is a player getting injured a bug?? I seem to remember players getting injured from time to time in real life - so it sounds like the simulation is working correctly!

Now - go get the toys you thru out of the pram, put them back in their box, jump in their yourself, and play quietly please!!

I've had enough of this game. Too Many Bugs, Crash Dumps and Injures. This is the worst Football Manager Game ever made. I have been playing these games since Championship Manager days. This is the first FM game i have to give up. I'am going back to FM 10.

Also an idea for FM 12. Fix all the Bugs and Crash Dumps before it gets released.

You're sick of the bugs and you're going back to FM 10? Good luck with that, though I'd probably describe that decision as being like lighting your hair on fire because you're sick of having a burning sensation on your scalp.

Anyhow... People post threads like this every single year, but hey...

I had no problems at all with 11.2 but since 11.3 two "gamebreaking" bugs is making the game less enjoyable for me. I still think FM11 is way better than FM10.

what "gamebreaking" bugs?

Being a crap football manager isn't a bug, it's just you...

There are more injuries now than before, especially if you count knocks.

If you feel that one injury follows another, save and reload the game. It may be only superstition but I actually feel this helps! I still think that the game is unbalanced with the huge bonuses given by successful team talks.

WHY OH WHY DO PEOPLE MOAN ABOUT INJURIES?in the save im playing at the mo ive had a few matches where ive had eight first teamers out.get with the programme its a TEAM effort not just 11....

I'd assume they over play players too often. I keep my injuries down by rotating my squad, and I know that in the cases where the going gets tough and that's not an option I do get dogpiled with injuries. In any case the worst in memory for injuries was FM09 after the release day patch. I swear they had snipers in the stands or something...

• Administrators

As we've said on a number of occasions, injuries are in line with real life figures. Sometimes sadly players get injured, that's just football I'm afraid. If you feel that injuries are excessive note how many you've had over the season and then compare it with real-life figures and see how accurate they are.

As we've said on a number of occasions, injuries are in line with real life figures.

If anything Neil, they are below the real life figures.

They probably are, but hey... It's a game. I have a feeling the reason they'd be below though is the number of people complaining about too many injuries. Statistically you're always going to have a few people getting dogpiled at one time, and hence you get a stedy stream of these. However, you're unlikely to get enraged posts complaining that their star players have been injury free all season. Still, I like it where it is. It's not quite the FM09 craziness and it's not too few.

Currently in 2043 and I can legitimately say I've had an injury crisis twice in all that time.

I've also had one player (my best player as it happens) miss an entire season with two separate injuries.

That's football.

The injuries are a little "unlucky" as we say from time to time. I bought Sime Vrasalijho and within 3 days of being at the club he went down with a "viral infection" that kept him out for 6 months. Joe Cole joined at the same time and before he kicked a ball he was out for 2 months with a hip injury. Then I purchased Nigel De Jong in January and two minutes into his debut he breaks a leg and it out for 8 months!!!

However I think injuries are ok on the whole. The only think I would say though is it seems there are an awful lot of in match injuries, especially when you have used up all your subs!!!!!

If injurys affect the other teams as much as they affect you then everybodys equal right?

Yeah, but if there's too many it just gets annoying and may require you to sign more players. Either that are it becomes are game of who can limp over the line first.

There are one or two gamebreaking bugs obvious to all but the most syopic fanboy/fangirl..

1)The referee bug where one ref seems to officiate over most of a teams games..its game breaking for teams stuck with the most card happy refs and game breaking for those happily stuck with the most lenient refs because it distorts the game. Heavily carded teams will lose key players for many more games.

2)The Italian AI non EU player issue and the overpoweredness of rival teams can be seen as game breaking for users who love to play in that league.

3)Managers getting sacked for no reason whatsoever can also be considered a gamebreaking bug

There are one or two gamebreaking bugs obvious to all but the most syopic fanboy/fangirl..

1)The referee bug where one ref seems to officiate over most of a teams games..its game breaking for teams stuck with the most card happy refs and game breaking for those happily stuck with the most lenient refs because it distorts the game. Heavily carded teams will lose key players for many more games.

2)The Italian AI non EU player issue and the overpoweredness of rival teams can be seen as game breaking for users who love to play in that league.

3)Managers getting sacked for no reason whatsoever can also be considered a gamebreaking bug

1) Is an issue although I thought it had been resolved for the most part. Aside from that its hardly gamebreaking.

2) Again I thought this was an issue that fixed itself for the most part. Even if not I wouldn't consider it gamebreaking, there are plenty of EU players to be signed. I haven't even seen the rival team issue mentioned anywhere.

3) Seems to be very rare and was tweaked in the last patch I believe.

1) Is an issue although I thought it had been resolved for the most part. Aside from that its hardly gamebreaking.

2) Again I thought this was an issue that fixed itself for the most part. Even if not I wouldn't consider it gamebreaking, there are plenty of EU players to be signed. I haven't even seen the rival team issue mentioned anywhere.

3) Seems to be very rare and was tweaked in the last patch I believe.

1)It was resolved but has returned and it is groundbreaking; whether it works for or against you. Key players end up missing matches that they shouldnt be missing..many matches after the 10th yellow. Its absurd to look at a league card history and have the top 2 teams have twice the cards as the league median.

There should be no groundbreaking issues at this point in the release. Thats the point. Just because they dont happen to any one of us doesnt mean they arent ruining someone elses gaming experience.

• Administrators
If anything Neil, they are below the real life figures.

That they are, but you tell that to people who are complaining about injuries they don't tend to take it too well! ;)

Injuries aren't a big problem, but I have one big issue with them:

You can't request snow delays. With the AI's overuse of hard tackling, you're lucky if you get through a snow game without 1 or 2 of your first 11 being put out for 2 or 3 months. Last time I played in the snow, I lost both van der Vaart and Modric for the rest of the season after about 20 minutes. In real life, if conditions were that bad, both teams would have just postponed the game instead of sending their players out to die.

1)It was resolved but has returned and it is groundbreaking; whether it works for or against you. Key players end up missing matches that they shouldnt be missing..many matches after the 10th yellow. Its absurd to look at a league card history and have the top 2 teams have twice the cards as the league median.

There should be no groundbreaking issues at this point in the release. Thats the point. Just because they dont happen to any one of us doesnt mean they arent ruining someone elses gaming experience.

Part of managing a team is controlling that number of cards.

If you know you have a card happy ref you need to make tactical adjustments to minimise their effect.

Lets be honest even if it happens its only for a session - so one session you get a card happy ref another session you don't. How many games do you play in a session 10? 20? at most. Its swings & roundabouts just like other things.

Part of managing a team is controlling that number of cards.

If you know you have a card happy ref you need to make tactical adjustments to minimise their effect.

Lets be honest even if it happens its only for a session - so one session you get a card happy ref another session you don't. How many games do you play in a session 10? 20? at most. Its swings & roundabouts just like other things.

Its Oct 29, 2011 in my current game..checking the league I won promotion from..Northern League First Division North..I see Lancaster City is leading the league with 24 yellows while AFC Hornchurch only has 5. There is a problem here.

and where did chob say a bug was a crash and nothing else?

What he said amounts to that, if you read between the lines. I read that post as someone mis-reading posts about bugs in the game on purpose, and maybe it is not fair of me to extrapolate - but then again I don't really care.

Its Oct 29, 2011 in my current game..checking the league I won promotion from..Northern League First Division North..I see Lancaster City is leading the league with 24 yellows while AFC Hornchurch only has 5. There is a problem here.

Urm the number of yellows cards AFC Hornchurch & Lancaster City have neither proves nor disproves the bug even exists.

Lancaster are maybe a more aggressive side, Hornchurch maybe hold possession and make fewer tackles during matches.

1. It's your tactics!

2. Dunno what this is...

3. Yeah, was game-breaking for Pardew and Hughton too...

:rolleyes:

1. It's your tactics!

2. Dunno what this is...

3. Yeah, was game-breaking for Pardew and Hughton too...

:rolleyes:

1)Its nothing to do with tactics; its about a goofy bug that assignes the same official to ref many of your matches.

3)This is a game; a game that should produce happiness. The passive/aggressive types who hint that the game should only be played their way dont help matters.

3)This is a game; a game that should produce happiness. The passive/aggressive types who hint that the game should only be played their way dont help matters.

No it isn't. It's a simulation. It should aim to replicate the real world.

1)Its nothing to do with tactics; its about a goofy bug that assignes the same official to ref many of your matches.

I accept that having the same ref can be an annoyance, however I doubt that a different referee would result in a lower card count, hence "it's your tactics" (I have the same referee occasionally, one in particular that I recall dished out 6 yellows and 2 reds in one game, the very next match I think it was 3 yellows in total...)

Being a crap football manager isn't a bug, it's just you...

I asked my board for a feeder club to whom I could send my players on loan and they could only find amateur or semi-professional teams. My club has got worldwide reputation, that shouldn't happen.

Also withdrawing players for international friendlies makes them unavailable for coming international matches.

I just said that those bugs made the game less enjoyable, I didn't say that the game is a crap.

No it isn't. It's a simulation. It should aim to replicate the real world.

Regardless of what Miles says, it is a game at its most fundamental level because there is absolutely no way all the realism features (i.e. going to the bathroom, watching all your training sessions, progressing as if one second in the game equals one second in reality, etc. etc.) will be implemented, and that the software is judged as how fun it is to play, with realism being good up to a point, but nothing more.

I accept that having the same ref can be an annoyance, however I doubt that a different referee would result in a lower card count, hence "it's your tactics" (I have the same referee occasionally, one in particular that I recall dished out 6 yellows and 2 reds in one game, the very next match I think it was 3 yellows in total...)

It's not your tactics since there is no problem with your tactics - the problem lies with the referee. Yes, you can faff around and use a workaround to use different tactics but this impacts the next season should you get a very different referee, and your tactics base should be for an average-case scenario, using extreme referees as a rare chance to change your tactics slightly to accommodate for this.

Let's say there is a problem with transfers where teams do not sign any players at all, except the human player. This argument is a bit like saying there is no problem with transfers because it's your tactics - because you can deliberately weaken your team to make up for the AI's weakness. Pure rubbish.

Regardless of what Miles says, it is a game at its most fundamental level because there is absolutely no way all the realism features (i.e. going to the bathroom, watching all your training sessions, progressing as if one second in the game equals one second in reality, etc. etc.) will be implemented, and that the software is judged as how fun it is to play, with realism being good up to a point, but nothing more.

Doesnt matter about all that, when you play a flight simulator you dont also simulate driving to the airport and going through security clearance, just like when police train on driving simulators they dont have to fill up with petrol or check their tyre pressure. Just because you do not do every single thing involved in being a manager, or by your examples, a human in general, doesnt mean its not a simulator.

Doesnt matter about all that, when you play a flight simulator you dont also simulate driving to the airport and going through security clearance, just like when police train on driving simulators they dont have to fill up with petrol or check their tyre pressure. Just because you do not do every single thing involved in being a manager, or by your examples, a human in general, doesnt mean its not a simulator.

No, flight simulators simulate flight, while football management sims simulate being a football manager. A flight simulator does not simulate a pilot's life - it simulates flight. A flight simulator simulates the action of flying. Football Manager simulates a human-being.

No, flight simulators simulate flight, while football management sims simulate being a football manager. A flight simulator does not simulate a pilot's life - it simulates flight. A flight simulator simulates the action of flying. Football Manager simulates a human-being.

no football manager simulates being a football manager, not being a human being.

no football manager simulates being a football manager, not being a human being.

Part of a manager involves looking at every single training session. Why is this not in Football Manager?

Part of a manager involves looking at every single training session. Why is this not in Football Manager?

I dont work for SI so i cannot say, but if champ man is anything to go by then its a very difficult aspect to get even remotely correct.

Its a simulator, there is no getting away from that.

Archived