Becoming the World's Best

Overview

This challenge is to become the best player in the world. Original? Maybe not. But this does have a few perks of its own, shown below. You will create a player using the template I provided below, filling out the template to the best of your ability. After that, we'll get the show on the road. As soon as I create the players, probably in three or four hours, I will post my first update under a new thread. This one is purely for signups and rules. If you would like to join, don't hesitate to fill out the template. I'll accept absolutely anyone. The challenge will start now and last about 20 to 22 years. I will be providing regular updates, even showing some of the amazing goals you guys have scored or perhaps your current record.

What's different?

I'm sure all of you have read the overview of this post and thought to yourselves, "What's different?" We already have some threads like this such as Glennuk's amazing "Can you become THE most expensive player - Game Thread" and Charlesbeams brilliant "Avoid the Drop 2.0." Yes, they already exist. You may be wondering why I have decided to make this if we already have some good threads like those. I can provide you with a multitude of reasons how this one has a different "objective", as you might say.

• All leagues are loaded. How much time will this take? Who knows. I've started many saves with all of the leagues loaded and it's been a blast, I'd love to see the exact stats of the people's teams and how they've been doing in the league, rather then some who have just a few leagues loaded such as maybe England, Spain, Italy, and Germany or whatnot.
  • Your abilities will be predetermined. You, however, will pick your name, birthdate (you are automatically fifteen), foot (left or right), position, and nationalities. The stats will be completely predertmined using FMRTE's Wonderkid stats generator. I will click this and whatever stats you happen to get, you get. No changing it around.
  • This one has a bit different "backstory" then some of the others. This one consists of how many trophies you can rack up over the years, and how good your player becomes.
  • I will be able to provide ANYTHING you want to know about your player. Statistics, goals, even videos of the goals scored!
  • "Will you be the next Messi?" The game will use real players, not something I'm used to doing, as I always seem to use a regen database. However, you will be a regen.

FAQ

How frequently will you post updates?

I will post updates as much as I can (probably every day). I will be away on vacation on the 18th through the 24th (of May), but I will probably send myself the save and work on it there for you guys.

What can we ask you for regarding our players?

You can ask absolutely anything and I'd be happy to post it. I'll also keep a close eye out for any amazing goals that I'd like to show you. I'll regularly update the team you are on, the transfers, and the awards, as well as a few goals and stats mixed in.

How is the "winner" decided?

I will take in account the number of awards won, the record of the player, what teams he has been on, how great his team has done, and how well he has done for his team.

Players (Profiles will be released during the player's update)

glennuk - Glenn Crane

toon_balmy - Arthur Toon

Cuddlefish - Egudy Knebl

Barry the Second - King Tikki-Man

Flamers - Matt Flamers

Time^- - Chili Macgyver

Braundjoh - Eric Shinn

jamie. - Jam Wam

MattieCoopz - Matthew Cooper

BtahtheZone - Jamie Reynolds

as260191 - João Tchiaka

JohnTerry26 - Igor Kešina

bergtaur - Domagoj Zupan

manutdfan4lyf - Tyrese Akdudwengo

Lower Leagues Rule - Des Tiny

Stonini90 - Andreas Stonini

ggrive - Oleguer Armengol

UAF_85 - Shaz Ali

1690tommy1690 - Thomas Weir

Makalele - Jeffrey Amankwah

pindihu - Georginho

letissierandhenryaregreat - Curtis Phoenix

YBK - Yakup Barış Kaşıkırık

Signup Thread Link (Closed)

Signup Thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player Update - Glenn Crane

Glenn Crane is the first youth player I will go over today. He is regarded as a "wonderkid" to many, having amazing abilities and already exhibiting them throughout the matches he's been able to play in. Manchester United was the first team to scout him. They saw his skills on the many tapes recorded of him. He received offers from a few clubs, including the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United. Crane decided to go with Manchester United, and has played three matches for them as an AML. He played his first game against Chelsea in the Community Shield. Despite losing on penalties, he scored two brilliant goals that kept Manchester in until penalties. Despite missing his penalty during the penalty shootout, he was still regarded as Man of the Match, finishing with a 9.1 rating. A brilliant debut for the 15 year old. His second match was a 3-1 win against the Wolves which he managed to score yet another goal in as well as receiving the Man of the Match award for the second time in two games. He is regarded as a future prospect, and is one of the key players for Manchester United's first team, despite being only 15. His personality is described as "fairly ambitious."

Glenn Crane

Note: If you happen to see any mistakes I have made with your player, please feel free to tell me, as I'd love to fix them. Thanks! :).

Player Update - Arthur Toon

Arthur Toon was originally signed to Naftovyk-Ukmafta in the Ukrainian First Division. His name spread quickly, and he was soon given offers by a multitude of clubs, including Arsenal. Arsenal decided to sign him, but being from Austria and only sixteen years old, he would not be able to join them for about two years. He currently plays as a central midfielder for Naftovyk-Ukmafta and is attempting to bring back the club to the Ukrainian Premier Division before he moves to Arsenal. His personality is described as "Spirited." He has scored a total of 5 goals in 7 matches for the Ukrainian side and has won the Man of the Match Award two times. His average rating is about 7.66, and he is the best preforming player in the squad.

Arthur Toon

Arthur Toon's brilliant strike against Tytan Armyansk, scoring the second goal in a 3-1 victory for Naftovyk-Ukmafta. Don't forget to watch in 1080p if you can!

[video=youtube;v8Hb1pzMD7k]

Ahh I sense that this will be a good sign-up :)

Individual player reports? Youtube videos? COUNT ME IN :D

Haha! :D Going to do a few more in a bit, right now I'm taking a short break as that FMRTE work was a bit tiring :p.

Player Update - Arthur Toon

Arthur Toon was originally signed to Naftovyk-Ukmafta in the Ukrainian First Division. His name spread quickly, and he was soon given offers by a multitude of clubs, including Arsenal. Arsenal decided to sign him, but being from Austria and only sixteen years old, he would not be able to join them for about two years. He currently plays as a central midfielder for Naftovyk-Ukmafta and is attempting to bring back the club to the Ukrainian Premier Division before he moves to Arsenal. His personality is described as "Spirited." He has scored a total of 5 goals in 7 matches for the Ukrainian side and has won the Man of the Match Award two times. His average rating is about 7.66, and he is the best preforming player in the squad.

Cool update chief think ill be the best player in the ukraine for couple of years :D and im getting paid a whopping $10 wohooo, but joining Arsenal will be a big step up hopefully the EPL wont be to big of a step up KUTGW

I apologize, I fell asleep and now I've been fed up in something, here's my first update of a few today :).

Player Update - Egudy Knebl

Knebl had major interest from many clubs at the start of his career that of which included the largest one, Arsenal. He decided to join Arsenal, who gave him a 90 dollar per week deal. He plays for both the Arsenal main team and the Arsenal U18 team. His best performance of the season was scoring four goals against Dag & Red under 18. So far in the main Arsenal team, he has not scored a goal, although he did get an assist and has an average rating of 7.1. He is known by many Arsenal players as "the next Van Persie" and is expected to do great things in his future career at the Gunners.. His personality is described as fairly ambitious.

Egudy Knebl

Player Update - King Tikki-Man

King Tikki-Man was yet another player to fall victim to the EPL. He was scouted out by Chelsea and was quickly signed for the Chelsea Reserves team. Although he has not won a start in the first team yet, he has done some amazing things for the reserves, including a game where he managed to score two amazing strikes to earn himself a 9.9 match rating and a victory for Chelsea. He is expected to move up to the Chelsea team soon. The Chelsea reserves currently plays him as a STCR. He can be played as both a striker and an AMR. Although he is only playing for the reserves at the moment, the fans have been watching him intently and have labeled him as "the next Fernando Torres." (Minus the goal drought!) His personality is described as fairly ambitious, and he is known mainly for his immense speed and finishing.

King Tikki-Man

I apologize that you cannot see some of the stats in the screenshot. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I'd be happy to hear it and update the post!

Seems as though you didn't un-tick "Hide Attributes" when you created the game. Nothing you can do unfortunately, unless you show the stats from FMRTE or FM Scout.

My bad. Thanks ^^. Sorry about that Barry, I'll photoshop a picture of the stats in FMRTE a bit later for ya.

Player Update - Matt Flamers

This young goalie is expected to turn into one of the best goalkeepers in the world. His interest originally evolved around the Championship. Doncaster offered him a trial, and he happily accepted. After his trial, they agreed to sign him and he has accepted a 90 dollar per week deal. Although he is considered one of the future greats, he still has some trouble saving the ball because of the lack of defense on the Doncaster side. He has allowed ten goals in six appearences, earning him a 6.80 average rating. In one year, he will be paid 9,000 dollars a week by the Doncaster side, unless they consider selling him. He is described as a "fairly professional" player, and has played very good football for the Doncaster side this season. Although he could be one of the future players in the world, he still may not be able to save his club from relegation, as they currently sit on 20th in The Championship. If Doncaster perhaps sparked up their offense, they'd be a top side in the Championship with this great goalie.

Matt Flamers

Player Update - Chili Macgyver

Chili Macgyver is considered one of the best future prospects in the world, not only for his ability, but for his performances. This Belgian defensive midfielder was perhaps one of the more popular of this year's wonderkids throughout the clubs. He was immediately given offers to many clubs, but he chose one, Arsenal, standing aside another brilliant wonderkid, Egudy Knebl, as well as Arthur Toon, who will be joining the team in the future. He was immediately put out in the first team and started scoring like there was no tomorrow. He is described as "the next Gerrard" by the fans because of his ability to score brilliant goals from long range, two of which are shown below. He has had 3 goals in 4 appearances for the Arsenal first team and has won one Man of the Match award as well as an average 7.70 rating. He was also named in the English Premier Division Team of the Week twice so far and has won the Young Player of the Month award for August.

Chili Macgyver

Chili Macgyver's eighteen yard strike to give Arsenal the 1-0 victory over Stoke.

[video=youtube;R6ITKEV_Sro]

Chili Macgyver's great screamer from some distance to help Arsenal achieve a 3-1 victory over Blackpool.

[video=youtube;60xO-gDulKY]

Striker? I gave myself up as a defensive midfielder, is Arsenal rebuilding me? :p

Nope! They're actually playing you as a defensive midfielder :). Oh! Didn't notice I put that in the post, my bad! I got confused after seeing the amount of goals you scored XD!

well wenger does like them young

Oh yeah, forgot to remind you. You brought your team up to 1st in the Ukrainian First Division. In real life I believe they are twelfth, so that's a great step-up! Nice work! Also going to see your cup match later this month :).

Oh yeah, forgot to remind you. You brought your team up to 1st in the Ukrainian First Division. In real life I believe they are twelfth, so that's a great step-up! Nice work! Also going to see your cup match later this month :).

Watched the cup match! What a great game!

2011050500008.jpg

Player Update - Eric Shinn

Eric Shinn was originally wanted by clubs in Spain, England, and France. He chose to move to Olympique de Marseille in France. He's had a good season so far, with an average of a 6.78 rating over 5 games. He currently plays as the club's defensive midfielder. He's expected to get his first international cap soon under England U19s. He's currently paid 59,000 dollars a week and is valued at 7.75 million. His personality is described as "fairly ambitious." He's described as a great tackler and long-ranged shooter, although he has still yet to get a goal in 5 matches, not unexpected considering he is a defensive midfielder. His contract is set to expire in four years, so he should be around with the club for awhile. He has the one of the largest salaries out of the wonderkids. He's a pretty rich sixteen year old. He's probably the tallest as well, as he is a towering 200 centimeters.

Eric Shinn

Player Update - Jam Wam

Jam Wam began his career with many offers including ones in England and France. He decided to go with Olympique Lyonnais, joining the other wonderkid who plays for a French team, Eric Shinn, in the Ligue 1. Jam Wam has been explosive this year for Olympique Lyonnais, scoring two goals and two assists in eight matches. He also picked up a Man of the Match award to go with his other feats. He has an average of a 7.31 rating in eight appearances. He's known to be very fast and is known to have a good technique. His personality is described as "Fairly Determined" and he's helped Olympique Lyonnais keep first place in Ligue 1 this year.

Jam Wam

A good run inside and strike for the goal by Jam Wam.

[video=youtube;uWuPZ_sehP0]

Good sign up, although my player should be white not black, haha, but if you can't change it, that is fine :) KUTGW

My bad! Fixing that right now :).

cant wait to see what my player is like and who he is playing for

I'm working my hardest to get to everyone!

Good sign up, although my player should be white not black, haha, but if you can't change it, that is fine :) KUTGW

Hmm, for some reason it won't change. Any ideas? It was set to white originally, I'm trying all skin tones and it won't change.

wohooo scored a penalty and got another medal to add to my collection at a young better get them fast before i go to arsenal :D

Not yet! You still have a few matches left, although Shakhtar was knocked out, so it should be a bit easier!

Player Update - Matthew Cooper

Matthew Cooper was originally offered contracts by teams in England and Spain. The one that stood out to him happened to be Liverpool, who he signed for. He's played in two league matches for Liverpool, getting an average rating of 6.55 in league matches. He also was invited to play in one cup match, where he happened to get an assist and the Man of the Match award as well as a 8.80 rating. He's also played five games for the Liverpool reserve team, earning him 3 assists and 2 Man of the Match awards with an average rating of 7.64. His personality is described as "balanced." He's played as a left defender for all of his matches so far this season, and he has done brilliantly. He's currently earning 90 dollars per week, although he is considering a contract from Liverpool for 17.25k per week.

Matthew Cooper

Archived