+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can you become THE most expensive player - Game Thread

Part-Timer

Default Can you become THE most expensive player - Game Thread

When Nicolas Anelka (Le Sulk) Moved to Chelsea he became the Worlds Most Expensive player, with clubs spending a total of £86.5 Million on him during his career.

He took over from Juan Sebastian Veron who accumulated fees of around £77 Million.

More recently Cristiano Ronaldos HUGE £80 million transfer brought his accumilated total to £92.5 Million.

Now the Mantle has passed to YOU.

You have the oppurtunity to create your own player, and see if you can become the Most Expensive Player in the World.

This experiment will be run with the Italian Leagues, English Leagues, and Spanish Leagues selected, and i will be observing each players progress throughout each season.

I Will post updates looking at how well each player has played and also looking at the fees that clubs pay.

13 Spots were available and 1 spot reserved for Le Sulk - a player i created to mimic Anelka (In his hayday) when he was a spoilt, sulky, but a very talented young player.

The Players;

1. Chuck Noise (Time)
    2. Buzzasto Da Silva (PluckaDuck)
    3. Karim Al-Gaddafi (letissierandhenryaregreat)
    4. Mizengo Mapinduzi (TIR669)
    5. James Sheriff (Sheriff 1993)
    6. Matthew Cooper (MattieCoopz)
    7. Andrew Poole (Jim-Bob24)
    8. Glen Bunday (The Baker)
    9. allan Juel hansen (santa)
    10. Igor Kešina (JohnTerry26)
    11. Mr. Ihsaan (Ihsaan)
    12. King Tikki-Man (barry the second)
    13. Long Tym Toon (toon_balmy)
    Last edited by glennuk; 26-07-2011 at 18:25.

Part-Timer

Reserved for hall of famers/record holders

EG: First full international, First Champions league winner, highest average rating in a season etc.

Firsts
    First to sign: James Sheriff (Tottenham)
    First International: Buzzasto Da Silva (Andorra)
    First Transfer: Mr Ihsaan (Bologna to Manchest United) - £5.5million rising to £6.5million.

Highest Fees
    Highest Transfer: Mr Ihsaan (Bologna to Manchest United) - £5.5million rising to £6.5million.
    Highest Accumulative Fees: Mr Ihsaan (Bologna to Manchest United) - £5.5million rising to £6.5million.

Accumulative Transfers
    Code:
    1. Chuck Noise (Time)                                                                £0
    2. Buzzasto Da Silva (PluckaDuck)                                                £0
    3. Karim Al-Gaddafi (letissierandhenryaregreat)                            £2.7M
    4. Mizengo Mapinduzi (TIR669)                                                   £475k
    5. James Sheriff (Sheriff 1993)                                                   £0
    6. Matthew Cooper (MattieCoopz)                                               £0
    7. Andrew Poole (Jim-Bob24)                                                      £1.3M
    8. Glen Bunday (The Baker)                                                        £3.7M
    9. allan Juel hansen (santa)                                                         £0
    10. Igor Kešina (JohnTerry26)                                                     £4.3M
    11. Mr. Ihsaan (Ihsaan)                                                              £6.5M
    12. King Tikki-Man (barry the second)                                         £0
    13. Long Tym Toon (toon_balmy)                                                £2.3M
    Last edited by glennuk; 28-05-2011 at 13:06.

Part-Timer

Starting Screenshots are here - let me know what you think of your player and which club you would most like to go to

Just to let you all know. Every player is at wanted by at least 2 clubs.

1. Chuck Noise - Profile - Transfers
    2. Buzzasto Da Silva - Profile - Transfers
    3. Karim Al-Gaddafi - Profile - Transfers
    4. Mizengo Mapinduzi - Profile - Transfers
    5. James Sheriff - Profile - Transfers
    6. Matthew Cooper - Profile - Transfers
    7. Andrew Poole - Profile - Transfers
    8. Glen Bunday - Profile - Transfers
    9. allan Juel hansen - Profile - Transfers
    10. Igor Kešina - Profile - Transfers
    11. Mr. Ihsaan - Profile - Transfers
    12. King Tikki-Man - Profile - Transfers
    13. Long Tym Toon - Profile - Transfers

14. Le Sulk - Profile - Transfers

You will also notice that your attributes that you selected as 20, 18 for each category have auto gone down when the game started.

Makes it interesting though.

All of your CA's were calculated randomly between the values indicated;

16 Year old = 90-100 Rep and 95-105 CA -10 PA
    17 Year old = 100-110 Rep and 105 - 115 CA -10 PA
    18 year old = 110-120 Rep and 115-125 CA -9 PA

http://www.random.org was used.

Also some DOB's were changed - as i only wanted 18 year olds or below.
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2011 at 14:57.

Part-Timer

Player seems decent enough, always turns out as a speed demon down the flanks haha.
    If I could choose where I would go? Hmm, on another sign-up I'm at Liverpool and since Chelsea is not on the list, lets be cntroversial and go for Fulham haha.

Part-Timer

July - The Month of Transfers

Sky Sports new can exclusively reveal that they have spent the off season compiling a report on the most exciting young prospects yet to sign a contract with any club.

The list features mostly attacking players, with a wealth of talent coming through english schools, as well as from further afield.

The likelihood is that these players will be on the radar this summer, after having appeared on this list which will be broadcast on partner stations across the globe.

The English FA are in full support of this, and have already been reported as talking to some players about joining up with the England U19 squad to train until they find a club.

With players being looked at by Premier League and Championship clubs it remains to be seen as to which will be most beneficial. Will a year or two in the championship gaining first team football be great for these young stars, or will they show more improvement whilst using the top facilities that the bigger clubs can offer?

All we know here at Sky Sports News is that this month promises to be a month FULL of transfers for these future stars.

July/August - The Transfer Window

Sky Sports News can reveal that Man Citys new signing Mariano has stated he is delighted to join the club. He joins the signings of Arturo Vidal, and Yohan Cabaye, which strangely enough brings the total number of defensive midfielders in their team to 5.

In other news we would like to revisit a list we published over a month ago, of the top youth players yet to have signed a contract.

This month has been an exciting month for all 14 of the players who made the list, with offers coming from across the globe.

The first player to sign a contract was James Sheriff who signed for Tottenam Hotspurs - james signed a youth contract, and was drafted straight into the under 18's, where he has enjoyed some success, playing 5 times and scoring twice. However less impressive was the red card he recieved in a hot blooded affair with Chelsea U18's, after comitting two needless fouls which each resulted in a yellow. It is yet to be seen how far this talent will go in the game. Strangely enough he is playing in the U18s with Ramil Sheriff - prehaps a long lost cousin?

Next we will move onto the player who has seen most Top Flight first team action. Matthew Cooper has started all three of Aston Villas premier league matches this season, though he will be dissapointed he has not lasted a full 90 minutes yet. His impressive non competitive form in pre-season has not carried on to the premier league, where an average rating of 6.30 may not be enough to be a regular starter this season.

Andrew Poole is the next youngster we would like to talk about, prehaps with the most minutes under his belt so far. He has played 4 times for his new club Charlton - setting up a lovely goal in a thrilling league match which saw his side lose 4-3 to Sheff Wed. Bottom of League 1 - Charlton must be a stepping stone to glory for this youngster. However if the two yellows he recieved and the subsequent one match ban are anything to go by, this youngster has the ability to ruin his own career.

Glen Bunday will be less happy, with a youth contract signed at Leeds, he was drafted into the U18s where he has played once, performing reasonably well with 6.9 rating, but yet to cement a place in the young talented U18 squad at Elland Road.

Mr Ihsaan as he likes to be called, was flown over to Bologna for talks, which obviously went well. A contract was soon signed, and even though he still trains with the first team Ihsaan is yet to see any action.

King Tikki-Man - sounds like a curry, and is obviously in a hurry...to impress. After signing for Wolves, he had a chance to show what he could do in the U18 squad. With 4 goals in 7 games and a nice rating of 7.04, this youngster seems set to progress through the ranks.

Long Tym Toon - Where do they get these names from? Kids of today.
    After impressing in 3 friendly matches scoring and setting up a goal, with a paper rating of 7.40 you would have thought that Leicester manager Sven Goran erikson would have given Toon a chance, however with Andy King and Richie Wellens in midfield, and Oakley to come back soon, chance may be hard for Toon. Although training with the first team will be good for his development.

Well that concludes the show for today, join us again tomorrow night. This show was focusing on the English nationals that made our list of stars of the future, and tomorrow we will look at the foreign players who could become stars of the future.

Thank you and good night

Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2011 at 15:01.

Amateur

im pleased with that
    a good season at carlton should see me sold after the first season to a bigger club
    Buzzasto Da Silva looks like he will do well

i like the detail too

cheers

Amateur

Bologna? Nice, exotic, hopefully I'll break into the team there soon and earn myself a transfer!

Semi Pro

Leicester Should get at least a couple of games this season
    Cool Wonder if sven could give me that number to Urikakakaka

Part-Timer

Great to see I've been contracted to a Premier League club, however its a shame that my ratings aren't consistent to keep Warnock and Co out of the team.
    Should be doing so if I get my act together that is! KUTGW Glenn.

Part-Timer

Attributes look ok - but the calibre of clubs interested seemed rather low and not even in the u19's!
    Disappointing start not to even get in the youth team - what is my starting personality?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsaan View Post
    Bologna? Nice, exotic, hopefully I'll break into the team there soon and earn myself a transfer!
    Hopefully you like your name!

You left it blank, so i took some creative licence, if you want you can change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    Attributes look ok - but the calibre of clubs interested seemed rather low and not even in the u19's!
    Disappointing start not to even get in the youth team - what is my starting personality?
    Yeh but you are only 16, and have plenty of time to develop.
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2011 at 10:58.

Amateur

Looking forward to the foreign side of the upcoming stars.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TIR669 View Post
    Looking forward to the foreign side of the upcoming stars.

Well it should be up for about 10pm english time.

I am currently in paraguay, so it is 5 hours behind england, and i work from 7 til 5 most days. Except for today when i finish at 3

PS: I can reveal it is interesting, with some more leagues coming into play.

Lastly i would like to breifly give my prediction for Le Sulk.

MY Prediction - Le Sulk
    Seems like he has some good starting stats, however he will NEED to improve his strength, stamina and balance if he ever wants to hit the big time and become a great player. I am yet to reveal what club he has signed for, but i think that if he breaks into the first team, even as a sub, then he could do well this season.
    I however think that next season he will NEED first team action or he will get sulky, and want to move on. I predict within 18months he will be transfered for a fee of around 7Million.

PS: If you want to give your prediction/analysis for your players that would be great
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2011 at 15:07.

Amateur

My prediction : Andrew Poole

After a good season at chalton will be sold to mid table PREM side and will stay at that sort of level

Sold at the end of the season for £750K

Part-Timer

If i don't get some game time i will go into a huge sulk - no idea how my player will handle it though
    With some 1st team games under my belt i will get a £1 million transfer to a prem club if leeds don't go up. if they do i will still be there.
    If i don't play at all this season a loan next year is on the cards.

Part-Timer

July/August - The Transfer Window

Sky Sports News is going to kick off this hour with the second in our new special series following the lives of the young stars we identified during the close season.
    Tonight we are focusing on the foreign players that made our list.

We start off with prehaps the highest profile transfer. Buzzasto Da Silva a move to Valencia sealed, where he has been descibed as a squad player. This may have been the prompt for his first International cap for Andorra. The 4-0 loss to cyprus was not an occasion to celebrate but im sure Buzzasto will remember his first cap at the tender age of 18. He will also be please that he managed to get on the score sheet in his first game for Valencia. Pity it was a friendly, and he has since not been picked.

Another player that has decided to ply his trade in spain, is the young Dane Allan Juel Hansen, who joined Celta of the LIGA adelante. His penalty and good performance in a friendly, has swayed his managers thinking, which gained him a start in their one league match. A 0-1 loss against Barcelona Athletic. Hansen did not impress and was taken off after a poor first half. Will that performance have ended his run in the starting line up so early?

Next we travel to Hoffenheim, which is the new home of the new belgium star Chuck Noise. With two league games under his belt and a cup game, he has prehaps had the best start of the yioungsters. Scoring one goal in the league, and another in the cup. With an average rating of 7.57. Impressive for one so young. Thats not even to mention the 2 goals he scored in the Belgium U21 3-3 draw with the swiss.

Back to England where Karim Al-Gaddafi signed for Championship team Ipswich Town. Mostly an unused sub. However Gaddafi came on for ten minutes of a scoreless draw with Leicester in the championship , and started in Ipswichs most recent match a 3-0 drubbing of Barnsley, where the youngster lasted 66 minutes. He has however already shown a side fans won't appreciate, rejecting Ipswich's new contract offer 3 times. Maybe the first of our youngsters to watch our report and start to believe in his own hype.

Now to another player representing Africa. Mizengo Mapinduzi has moved to Lecce, where in a 6-0 friendly victory over Castillo, the youngster scored a hat trick and also managed to set up a goal, claim man of the match, and get a 10/10 rating from the local press. Strange then that he did not play the next game, which was the first league match against Bologna, where Lecce could have used his scoring power after a poor showing in a 0-2 loss.

Jumping country again we move to Portugal, and a team most of our viewers will have heard of Sporting CP, who managed to sign young 16 year old Igor Kesina on a free. He featured as a sub in a friendly match. But it will probably take him some time to adjust to life in portugal.

Finally to Le Sulk, dubbed the next Nicolas Anelka by much of the media. He has started his career in germany with Werder Bremen. Playing a combined 109 minutes in the 2 legged champions league playoff. He showed some potential in the first game, with a few dribbles and shots, but was subbed after 45 minutes in the second game after a poor showing. Yet to show his ability, Le Sulk will have to improve if he wants to become a star.

Well that is all for today folks. I'm sure you will be glad to know we will be following each players progress in a special 1 hour show every 2 months. So stay tuned in.

*Thats every 2 months of game time i will post an update Probably in two parts as above. But most likely with a bit more detail and some screenshots for you all to enjoy.

**Please comment on how you are doing, and if you think any of your peers are stars of the future.

Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2011 at 20:51.

Part-Timer

Well...what can I say? The Gaddafi's have always been a bit errrrr...problematic...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by letissierandhenryaregreat View Post
    Well...what can I say? The Gaddafi's have always been a bit errrrr...problematic...
    Haha true. Lets just hope he can get some more playing time, and show he can be problematic to the opposition defence.

Amateur

so were 4 months in and gaddafi has been offered 3 new contracts... not bad

Part-Timer

Holidaying first 2 months as we speak.

So watch out for updates tonight. Will be in two parts, and at least one if not both should be up in the next hour or so.

Screenshots will be included

Amateur

Nice to see I'm definitly going to collect a good chunk of playing experience, but eh... Who, what and where is Hoffenheim?? Never ever heard of this team. I know it's nog Belgian so I'm guessing German second division?
    Nice update btw!

Edit: wow I take that back, they're midtable in the Bundesliga. Very nice!!
    Last edited by Time^-; 03-05-2011 at 21:35.

Wolves is a good stepping stone tbh

This is going to be a good sign up i can tell!

Part-Timer

My prediction : Matthew Cooper

Hopefully cement a place in the starting line-up hopefully by the end of the season.
    If not hope for a transfer elsewhere, if I'm better off away from Villa Park that is

Part-Timer

September/October - The Honeymoon Period

Sky Sports News is going to kick off this hour with the third in our new special series following the lives of the young stars we identified during the close season.

The players are well into their honeymoon period and have started to settle into their new homes and clubs.

This time we will be looking at the players according to their age brackets. So the 16 year olds are up first.

Last time we heard at Al-Gaddafi he was refusing to sign a contract with Ipswich. Not liking the attitude manager Paul Jewell decided to put Gaddafi in the U18 squad. Gaddafi obviously learnt his lesson, signing a pre contract agreement days later. After signing the agreement Gaddafi started against Cardiff but a poor performance against the league leaders saw him replaced for the next two matches. Gaddafi returned for a league cup match against Sunderland, he started the game but was subbed after 78 minutes after a dreadful performance. Since then (22/09/10) Gaddafi has been an unused sub on several occasions, but has featured heavily for the under 18's scoring regularly.
    His form for the Libyan U20's is particularly impressive playing twice and scoring 3 goals. Can he bring his youth form to the senior game? Or will he be another flash in the pan youngster?
    Gaddafi Profile

Mizengo Mapinduzi is another player impressing for his country. Gaining two youth caps for Tanzania and scoring a goal. He has however had less luck with his club team, still in the first team, but not playing. One start in a 2-1 cup win over Como, and a pretty decent performance (7.7) with 0 shots, Mizengo may have to think about pulling the trigger to show Luigi De Canio (His manager) that he deserves a run in the first team.
    Mapinduzi Profile

No international news for Glen Bunday, but he has been lighting up the U18 League with an impressive 14 goals in 15 starts and 5 MOMs. He made his debut on the 16th October, coming off the bench to perform slightly better than Ross mcormack who he replaced, with a 6.3, but with only 30 minutes to show his talent he can be excused for not showing his full potential. He has appeared as an unused sub on a number of occasions just waiting for that chance to shine.
    Bunday Profile

Mr Ihsaan what can we say? Not even an unused substitue for any of Bologna's games. Maybe he should consider dropping the MR? Still with the first team, but one has to question the point if Alberto Malsani is not going to utilise this young talent.
    Ihsaan Profile

The last of our 16 year olds King Tikki-Man has been another one who has been lighting up the U18 championships, with a not as good as Bunday, but still impressive return of 9 goals in the 19 games he has started. If he keeps this up a call up the reserves or first team may be around the corner.
    Tikki-Man Profile

Well that concludes part one of our show. Stay tuned for more updates on our stars of the future.

*Need to eat (its only 630pm here) - may be back later, if not expect 17 and 18 year olds tomorrow.
    Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2011 at 22:30.

Part-Timer

Thanks for staying with us. Your on Sky Sports News. If you have just tuned in this is our show on the most exciting young prospects yet to have signed professional terms with any team. We have seen the 16 year olds and how they have progressed, and are now looking ahead at the 17 year olds.

Another player who has been playing well in the U18s is Tottenhams James Sheriff 10 apperances under his belt, 3 goals and an assist is a good return. The only dampener so far has been his concussion which kept him out for 9 days.
    Sheriff's Profile

Next we travel to Spain, to watch the progress of Allan Juel Hansen. He has been a regular first teamer this season with Celta, playing 6 games for the Liga Adelante side. Yet to score a goal but his most impressive game a 1-1 draw with alcoron, where he set up a a goal and performed well with a 7.0 rating. Some fans have questioned his fitness as Hansen has often been rested after good performances, and often looks very tired come the end of a match.
    Hansen Profile

Portugal is our next destination, where Igor Kesina has found a home in Sporting CP. He will be dissapointed to have only played one league game, and dissapointed that his rather lacklustre 6.7 performance didn't bring a second league start.
    Kesina Profile

Chuck Noise is prehaps the most impressive of our youngsters so far, with impressive statistics being sent over from german every month. Playing ten games for hoffenheim, including a cup apperance, which resulted in 2 goals, 3 assists and 2 MOM awards. Even more impressive is the 8.62 tackles he wins every game on average, and his pass rating of 79%, followed by an impressive average rating of 7.68. No transfer news yet, but surely it can't be long before these statistics are talked about in boardrooms across the globe.
    Noise Profile

Last edited by glennuk; 03-05-2011 at 23:05.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Time^- View Post
    Nice to see I'm definitly going to collect a good chunk of playing experience, but eh... Who, what and where is Hoffenheim?? Never ever heard of this team. I know it's nog Belgian so I'm guessing German second division?
    Nice update btw!

Edit: wow I take that back, they're midtable in the Bundesliga. Very nice!!
    German Bundesliga...actually.

Part-Timer

Nice to know, Gaddafi has finally seen sense.

Amateur

No appearances thus far And Mr Ihsaan is fine thanks, can't believe I forgot to fill in the name field!

Part-Timer

great signup, too bad i missed that

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by stonini90 View Post
    great signup, too bad i missed that
    Well adopt a player and follow his progress

Part-Timer

If you missed last nights show, you missed a look into how our 16 and 17 year old stars of the future are playing, but tonight we have more of your favourite show, and will be looking at how the players in the 18 year old bracket are doing.

We start in england where we look at Aston Villas Matthew Cooper. As predicted last episode, his league performances were not good enough to hold down a starting spot. He did have a chance in the Euro Cup, which he also blew, with a 6.3 rating against partizan, although i am sure the european experience will have done him some good.
    His one redeeming performance came in the League cup against Arsenal, where he recieved a MOM award after performing admirably, a rating of 9.5 and the fact that he scored in the penalty shootout will dampen the dissapointment of eventually losing that shootout after a miss by Richard Dunne. This performance was obviously not enough as Houllier did not choose him for the next (31st October) league match against Wolves.
    Cooper Profile

We stay in England to look at Charlton winger Andrew Poole who must hold some sort of record being the only winger to never have been fouled in 14 matches. Starting in all but one of Charltons matches oved the last 2 months, the winger has become a key figure for the club, even other managers have noticed this with Lee Bradbury, stating that Andrew Cooper would need to be stopped if his Bournemouth side were to get anything out of their Johnstones Paint Trophy match. Bradburys plan obviously worked as a frustrated Andrew Pool got a yellow card and played poorly in his sides 0-3 loss. However the first team football must be doing this youngster the world of good, and with kyel reid on the opposite wing Charlton can boast some great young attacking talent.
    Poole Profile

Leicester youngster Long Tym Toon has had less first team opportunities, with his league debut away to Millwall only lasting 46 minutes. A 6.2 rating obviously not impressing in his sides 2-0 loss. He has since played a 3 games in reserve team action scoring 2 goals. If he wants to start again he needs to up his game.
    Toon Profile

Le Sulk started to force his way into the Werder Bremen first team, and played 4 matches in the league as well as starting his sides next 2 Champions League matches. He appeared as a substitute in the most recent 1-2 loss against Sevilla in the champions cup before tearing his knee ligaments in training on the 24th October, which will keep him out for at least 2 months.
    Le Sulk Profile

Finally poor Buzzasto Da Silva, still not picked for Valencia, not even left to warm the bench. He didn't even get a look in on the Spanish Cup game against Benidorm, where other youngsters (Some from the U18 squad) got a chance to play/warm the bench. Prehaps a loan move will be the way out for this obviously talented youngster.
    internationally he has now accumulated 5 caps for Andorra, scoring their only goal of the European Championship Qualifiers. This came in the 1st minute against Russia, scoring a goal after a great through ball left him one on one with the keeper. Its just a pity Russia scored 6 goals after that first minute.
    Da Silva Profile Da Silva first international goal

Well thats it from Sky Sports News highest rated program "Future Stars" tune in again soon to find out if your favourite youngsters are hot or not.

Last edited by glennuk; 04-05-2011 at 23:17.

Part-Timer

Very enigmatic vibe I'm getting from my player atm.
    Who cares about Europe when I lead the line brilliantly but get shot down so cruelly on pennos by the Gunners!
    Not Houlliers biggest fan either, O'Neill should be given the reins again imo. Does Houllier enjoy working with defenders and youngsters may I ask?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MattieCoopz View Post
    Very enigmatic vibe I'm getting from my player atm.
    Who cares about Europe when I lead the line brilliantly but get shot down so cruelly on pennos by the Gunners!
    Not Houlliers biggest fan either, O'Neill should be given the reins again imo. Does Houllier enjoy working with defenders and youngsters may I ask?
    He likes working with youngsters but just not you haha.
    10 for defending
    15 for youngsters

Im sure as things progress though you will get some more playing time, i just wish that they would put players in the reserve team rather than keep them in seniors if they re not going to play.

Semi Pro

Leicester y
    oungster Long Tym Toon has had less first team opportunities, with his league debut away to Millwall only lasting 46 minutes. A 6.2 rating obviously not impressing in his sides 2-0 loss. He has since played a 3 games in reserve team action scoring 2 goals. If he wants to start again he needs to up his game.
    well one game isnt enough to judge a player on . but i guess i am up against the greatest striker in the world in sven's eyes Darius Vassel just saying the name i bet sends shivers down CB's Spines.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by toon_balmy View Post
    Leicester y

well one game isnt enough to judge a player on . but i guess i am up against the greatest striker in the world in sven's eyes Darius Vassel just saying the name i bet sends shivers down CB's Spines.
    Haha, well its actually been Yakubu (Who i rate) who has been playing all of the matches in svens 4-5-1 system.

Amateur

loving the first team experience im getting at the moment

hoping being sold to a bigger club wont happen for a season or 2 now

Part-Timer

can't believe my u-18 form hasn't persuaded the Leeds boss to give me more games - can only be a matter of time though!
    Chuck Noise must be attracting some attention from other clubs with his performances

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    can't believe my u-18 form hasn't persuaded the Leeds boss to give me more games - can only be a matter of time though!
    Chuck Noise must be attracting some attention from other clubs with his performances
    Well Transfer news plays a part in the next update, which would be going up tonight, but the wife is now coming around.

So it should be up by about 10PM uk time tomorrow

Now aren't you all wondering who the transfer news is about?

Part-Timer

Teaser Trailer

On tomorrows show;

3 of our stars of tomorrow sign contracts - but will it be with their current club, or do we have the first transfer fee for one of our youngsters?

2 of our english contingent of players are dubbed as future england stars.

A number of our players are heavily linked to Huge european clubs.

Tune in tomorrow at 10PM to see your favourite show "Future Stars"

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Haha, well its actually been Yakubu (Who i rate) who has been playing all of the matches in svens 4-5-1 system.
    even yakubu is garbage , bloody 4-5-1 hate that formation its basicaly saying if we dont score of our 1 chance then you will have to beat our 9 defenders

Part-Timer

even yakubu is garbage , bloody 4-5-1 hate that formation its basicaly saying if we dont score of our 1 chance then you will have to beat our 9 defenders

oops well thats how i play in my career game....even though you could class more of 4-3-3 as ihave two inside forwards at AMR and AML.

Semi Pro

oops well thats how i play in my career game....even though you could class more of 4-3-3 as ihave two inside forwards at AMR and AML.
    exactly you use attacking formation, i bet the swedish turd uses 3 holding mids and a MR n ML

Amateur

I hope Milan gets me to get a more peacefull alternative for Gattuso. (n/o to Gattuso, love tha man)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Time^- View Post
    I hope Milan gets me to get a more peacefull alternative for Gattuso. (n/o to Gattuso, love tha man)
    Well guess you will have to tune in to the show at 10pm to see what happens

exactly you use attacking formation, i bet the swedish turd uses 3 holding mids and a MR n ML
    Im pretty sure he is using an AML and AMR actually, but will check when i get home fro work

Part-Timer

Teaser Trailer 2

Today's show promises to be the most gripping and entertaining yet.
    With new contracts, transfer rumours, and stars really making their marks in their prospective leagues.

Don't miss the next installment of Future Star, at 22:15 - 23:00 only on Sky Sports!!

Semi Pro

Well guess you will have to tune in to the show at 10pm to see what happens

Im pretty sure he is using an AML and AMR actually, but will check when i get home fro work
    ok no probs i still should be in the team *in wenger fashion kicks bottle of water over on way of the training pitch*

Part-Timer

The following program has been delayed due to the clash with the documentary "Im stuck at work, and need to get home asap. I'm not happy." The scheduled program "Future Stars" will be broadcast as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Part-Timer

November/December - The Rumour Mill

Welcome to Sky Sports "Future Star" sorry for the delay in broadcasting tonight, a problem with out server caused some techinical hitches. On to the show.

As promised contracts and transfer rumours abound.

The best place to start will be with King Tikki-Man who has signed his first professional contract with Wolvehampton Wanderers, he has signed for 2 years and will be on £55 a week, which isn't bad for a youngster. He has earned this by his superb form in the U18 team, taking his total games up to 25, with 15 goals and an average rating of 7.09. Now this player has signed a new contract, however we must stress that all of the papers are talking about how Man City have been keeping tabs on the youngster, and have a huge interest in signing him.
    Tikki-Man Profile
    Tikki-Man Personal
    Tikki-Man Transfer

Another played to sign a professional contract was Glen Bunday, playing in Leeds U18, he has now scored an astounding 26 goals in 24 starts, 9 of which resulted in the man of the match award. It is no wonder then that Chelsea were interested in Bunday. However the interest has cooled off after he signed professional terms with the Elland Road based club.
    Bunday Profile
    Bundy Personal
    Bunday Transfer

Mr Ihsaan was the final player to sign new terms with his existing club, as on the 23rd December he penned a new 2 year deal with Bologna, who he has now played 8 U20 games and scored 3 goals, he is currently being tutored by Marco Di Vaio, and hopefully can learn from his skills and maybe less so from the Italians attitude.
    Ihsaan Profile
    Ihsaan Personal
    Ihsaan Transfer

You will remember that one of our youngsters, Buzzasto Da Silva, has already played for his country. Next to join him with his first cap is Igor Kesina, who played well in his international win against Georgia. This is said to have brought interest from Spanish giants Barcelona, who are considered to have a slight interest in the new Slovenian international. Kesina continues this breakthrough period with his first goal for Sporting CP, in the 4th minute of a Euro Cup group match against Club Brugge. The youngster played well for 78 minutes before being taken off, which also prompted a substitute appearance in the league. With playing time Kesina could go far, but is Sporting CP the right club for him at this moment? Or will Barcelona prove too much of a lure?
    Kesina Profile
    Kesina Personal
    Kesina Transfer

Another international experience, but this time for the U21s, goes to Matthew Cooper, who started in England U21's 2-0 victory over Australia. Cooper started at left back and played average (6.6) for the 67 minutes he was on the pitch. Cooper will be pleased with his performance in the league win over Arsenal playing a 7.5 and lasting the whole match, strangely enough he was not played again for 4 weeks, this time starting against a 0-0 draw with Man U, and after being rested for a week, he started against Chelsea. Maybe the manager trusts the youngster to perform in the big games. Most recently on the 29/12/10 Cooper appeared in the dissapointing 2-0 loss to blackpool. The first team experience will do him good, but he has to be wondering why the under-fire Houllier hasn't given him more opportunities.
    Also being dubbed the next Ashley Cole, must have increased this young stars confidence.
    Cooper Profile
    Cooper Personal
    Cooper Transfer

James Sheriff is still in the U18s for Tottenham, but is playing well with 14 appearances to his name and 7 goals. the youngster is very ambitious, and his ambition has already got him into the England U21 set up which he is very proud of. yet to win his first cap, prehaps he will get a game in the friendly against N Ireland, in just over 2 months time.
    Sheriff Profile
    Sheriff Personal
    Sheriff Transfer

Maybe Unai Emery watches the show, as after complaining about Da Silva not getting any playing time (Even in the cup), Emery decided to give the youngster a go in an AML position in the Spanish Cup 5th round leg 1. Buzzasto started the match, and did not really do anything of merit, he made some short passes and put in a good cross (Out of the 3 he tried) but couldn't stop his side losing 3-1. A rating of 6.4 won't impress Emery or the traveling fans.
    He once again started for Andorra in their 0-0 draw against New Zealand in a pretty dull friendly.
    No transfer news and none expected.
    Da Silva Profile
    Da Silva Personal
    Da Silva Transfer
    Last edited by glennuk; 07-05-2011 at 13:42.

Part-Timer

November/December - The Rumour Mill

Welcome back to Sky Sports "Future Star".

Next on our radar is young Charlton player Andrew Poole, who has continued his run in the first team with a great start to November, travelling to the Weston Homes Community Stadium, Colchester, is never an easy task. Charlton dominated the match and ran away 3-0 victors, with Poole setting up each goal, with a stunning 9.1 performance which resulted in another MOM award for the youngster. He has gone on to play another 8 league games and 2 cup games over this 2 month period, and looks like he is settling in at Charlton. Heavily linked with Chelsea, which is no surprise, however if he moves it is a doubt that he would push into the first team while so young. So would it be better for him to stay at Charlton? Or get farmed off on loan after joining a big team like Chelsea? Only time will tell.
    Poole Profile
    Poole Personal
    Poole Transfer

At the Walker Stadium Long Tym Toon is still not having much luck, however his fortunes may change as it is said the Sven Goran Eriksson's position may be under threat if he doesn't push Leicester up the table. However during December he must have impressed the swede in training, as he has started 3 out of 5 league matches. Failing to last more than 65 minutes Toon has been largely dissapointing, however he did show his skill in a 1-2 away win against Scunthorpe, getting a 7.5 rating but still somehow being taken off at half time. Maybe Sven's idea is to try to keep Toon for the future, as he has started to play the youngster just as Chelsea declared that they were interested in signing Toon.
    Toon Profile
    Toon Personal
    Toon Transfer

Another one of our "stars" in the news is Mizengo Mapinduzi, who has been linked with Barcelona. Still not many opportunities with Leece, but scoring twice in his national sides 4-0 U20 international match with Mauritius was prehaps his biggest career highlight so far. Appearing twice for Leece in the last 2 months, has more than doubled his playing time with the club, getting 4 minutes as a sub in his sides 5-1 drubbing against Palermo, but more importantly starting and playing a full 90 minutes against Brescia, another loss for the club, but some valuable experience for the young african striker.
    Mapinduzi Profile
    Mapinduzi Personal
    Mapinduzi Transfer

Karim Al-Gaddafi is currently considering a new contract offer from Ipswich, however this has not put off the attentions of Barcelona who are looking at another one of our "future stars". Prehaps this pressure is getting to him, as he could not keep his great U18 form up, and has played another 5 times but only managed 1 goal in that time with an average rating of 6.54, far from the talent he was showing at the start of the season.
    Gaddafi Profile
    Gaddafi Personal
    Gaddafi Transfer

Allan Juel Hansen is yet to find his feet in Spain, he hasn't learnt the language, and is frustrated as he feels the team has more potential than it is showing. taking his games for the club up to 13, with 5 of those coming off the bench, he is yet to score a goal, and yet to show the talent he undoubtedly has. His side sit 16th in the second division of the spanish league, with his manager under pressure, prehaps a change of backroom staff would do the youngster good. Interestingly enough he has played mostly as a striker, though his two chances in attacking midfield, resulted in disaster for the youngster, with an average of 5.95 in those two games.
    Hansen Profile
    Hansen Personal
    Hansen Transfer

Chuck Noise, so far the most impressive of our youngsters has not dissapointed over these last few months. With a total of 19 first team matches played, 3 first team goals, 4 assists, 2 MOM awards and an average rating of 7.51. Added to the fact that he appeared again in a Belgian Youth match and once again scored a goal. At 17 he is still bossing the midfield with an impressive pass rat of 80% and almost 9 tackles per game. Surely greatness is destined for Chuck Noise.
    Noise Profile
    Noise Personal
    Noise Transfer

As previously reported Le Sulk had suffered a big injury at the end of October. Tearing his knee ligaments in a match. This has meant that he has spent the whole of November and December on the treatment table. He should however be back to match fitness on the 1st Jan, thats if the new year celebrations don't get too wild.
    Le Sulk Profile
    Le Sulk Personal
    Le Sulk Transfer

Well that is all from us today folks. Once again we apologize for the slight delay in broadcasting, and hope you all have a happy new year, and don't forget to tune in again soon, for a transfer window special.
    Last edited by glennuk; 09-05-2011 at 13:36.

Amateur

My (Igor Kesina) profile picture is not working.

Otherwise I debuted and Barca wants me.

Part-Timer

Just noticed the transfer link still has personal info in it.
    Great to know I can deliver the goods in big matches!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTerry26 View Post
    My (Igor Kesina) profile picture is not working.

Otherwise I debuted and Barca wants me.

Fixed - glad to see Kesina get his first cap

Just noticed the transfer link still has personal info in it.
    Great to know I can deliver the goods in big matches!
    Fixed - yeh interesting to see you only used in those big matches, would have thought it would be the other way around and the youngsters would get a chance in the less important matches. Maybe you have a high hidden attributes?

Part-Timer

Not managed to turn my U18 form into any first team impact - if i can a transfer will beckon to a prem team.
    If my mental attributes don't get ruined by nunez - what a terrible tutor.

Part-Timer

I wouldn't like to move to Barcelona too soon for an average transfer fee. I want to leave Ipswich for a Premier League team where I can build up my value before leaving, but his loyalty is low so I doubt he'll even stay at Barcelona for too long!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by letissierandhenryaregreat View Post
    I wouldn't like to move to Barcelona too soon for an average transfer fee. I want to leave Ipswich for a Premier League team where I can build up my value before leaving, but his loyalty is low so I doubt he'll even stay at Barcelona for too long!
    Well you have to break into a championship team before you can dream of doing much else. I think for you another season at Ipswich would be good.

Part-Timer

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch

Welcome back to Sky Sports and our first live transfer watch, focusing solely on our young stars, their performances and any transfer speculation they may be involved in. This live program will only focus on matches in senior matches in Spain, Italy, and England. With Monthly summarys to come with the youngsters who fall in a different category.

2nd Jan 2011
    Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson is in need of a win, if he wants to keep his job.

Carlisile boss Greg Abbot claims that Charltons Andrew Poole, must be stopped if his side are to get anything out of the upcoming League One fixture. Many different facets of the media agree, that Poole is a key player in the game, and could cause Abbots side a headache in tomorrows match.

Hansen plays poorly in Celtas 2-0 away loss to Rayo, lasting only 56 minutes on the pitch with a rating of 6.0. Could Hansen be fizzling out.

3rd January 2011
    Poole plays a 7.6 and sets up the only game of the match against Carlisle. The media are right and this is sure to keep the attention of Chelsea who have a huge interest in the young player.

It has been mixed day for Karim Al Gaddafi, he became the Npower Championships youngest ever goalscorer at 16 years 210 days. He played well in Ipswich's 3-2 away win over Millwall, however he ended up recieving two yellow cards, and getting sent off in the 87th minute.

Long Tym Toon gets another start for Leicester but once again does not impress in his sides 2-1 loss. A rating of 6.2 won't be enough to impress his under fire manager.

7th January 2011
    It is reported again that the Leicester board are losing patience with Sven and a loss in the forthcoming cup match against Tottenham could seal his fate.

8th January 2011
    Valencia bosses are worried that Unai Emery could leave the club in the summer oince his contract runs out. Could this be of benefit to Buzzasto da Silva?

Matthew Cooper starts in Villas dissapointing 1-1 Fa Cup 3rd round away match at Barnsley, he gets booked and does not contribute much to the match. A rating of 6.3 will not keep the likes of Warnock out of the team.

Al Gaddafi back with the U18s for Ipswich, scores a goal in their 3-0 win over histon.

9th January 2011
    Hansen plays again for Celta, but once again it is a loss he is involved in, 3-0 away to Elche. Hansen can be pleased of his 6.7 performance and playing the full 90 minutes, but his clubs form is worrying for everyone involved at the club.

Mapinduzi, starts against Inter, he plays quite well in his sides 1-0 surprise win, and is taken off in the 86th minute. A 6.6 rating against a very strong Inter side is a step in the right direction for the youngster.
    Last edited by glennuk; 07-05-2011 at 15:00.

Amateur

chelsea would be intresting

hope its at the end of the season if the move does happen

Part-Timer

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch pt 2

Welcome back its the 13th January and we have some exciting news for you here at Sky Sports News, but just before that, lets round up the matches that our youngsters have played in.

12th January 2011
    Gary megson states that his Sheffield Wednesday side are capable of handling Andrew Poole, they obviously can't as Poole Scores the only goal in his sides 1-0 victory. Strangely enough Chelsea have cooled their interest in the young star.

13th January 2011
    Sky Sports Exclusive - We can Exclusively reveal that Livepool have bid an initial 1.7Million for youngster Glen Bunday. Will Leeds let their star youth player go? Will Bunday want to move?

15th January 2011
    Poole plays well in is sides 1-1 draw with Exeter - which brings the League one side into playoff positions. Will Poole stick it out with the addicks, or will another club be interested in him after some good performance.

Gaddafi starts again for ipswich and plays well in a 4-0 away win against Barnsley. A 7.2 rating after some good work by the youngster and a nice shot which hit the target.

16th January 2011
    Hansen Starts again for Celta and will be chuffed with his first goal for the club (Thats if danes get chuffed) after 10 starts he breaks his scoring drought. A 7.3 rating and playing alongside another youth team stiker Cedric Bakambu

Mapinduzi did not start in his sides second match against Inter which they narrowly lost 3-2 away, which was a shock as pundits were expecting more, but even more of a shock was the fact that Mapinduzi started against Bologna in an away match, he did not really grasp the chance and was dissapointing in his sides 1-0 loss.

After considering their options Liverpool have sensationally withdrawn their transfer bid for Glen Bunday, who now may not be our first youngster to make a move.

19th January 2011
    After his sides 0-3 loss to Sunderland in the Fa Cup 3rd round reply, Paul Jewell will be dissapointed in youngster Gaddafi who played very poorly, and did not take the chance he was given.

Villa lose their 3rd round replay against Barnsley, and although Matthew Cooper gave a good performance he will be dissapointed with his teams exit from the competition. This also has put Houlliers position in more danger.

Please Note: From the 13th Jan til the 19th everything has changed due to a corrupt save file, and the closest backup was 13th. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by glennuk; 07-05-2011 at 22:30.

Part-Timer

Barnsley eughh, would hope to contribute more in the cup personally.

Part-Timer

Should i leave it there?

Amateur

A new contract, hopefully that just means a greater transfer fee

Amateur

Can't be me, I'm worth more. ^^

Amateur

I do wonder about this game sometimes

After yet more good performaces why are chelsea no longer intested ?

Part-Timer

Ok guys,

Sorry i wanted to get Jan done before i left, but i have a football tournament to manage this afternoon (Its only 11:43am where i am) so must go and get ready for that. In Fm terms, i think my team are about 2000-1 to win a match let alone the tournament, but hey they are young, and probably not wonder kids......does FMRTE work in real life :P

Hope you guys are enjoying, post your thoughts and comments.
    Could well have the last ten days of Jan done tonight.

PS: If you aren't mentioned it is because you have been playing youth competitions (U18 or reserves) and i will do a block update for you at the end of Jan.

Part-Timer

BAD NEWS - The game did not save correctly last time and the backup i have is at 13th Jan - so the above post from 13th - 19th Jan doesn't count....I will edit accordingly But i am sooooo gutted GRRRR STUPID COMPUTER
    Last edited by glennuk; 07-05-2011 at 22:31.

Part-Timer

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch pt 3

Welcome back to the last part of our transfer watch. Will any more clubs make bids for our players? Will anyone move clubs? Will any of our players step into the first team? here is where you will find out. On "Future Star"

22nd January 2011
    Andrew Poole Should be the only charlton player to walk off that field today with his head held high. After a very good individual performance in his sides 3-0 loss at home to Swindon. Poole played a 7.5 and his work ethic was tremendous, it is a pity the same cannot be said for the rest of his team.

Gaddafi came on as a sub and played as well as Wickham who he relaced, he did not do anything amazing, as reflected in his rating 6.6, but he played well as part of the team, unlike Wickham who signed a deal with Man City the next day.

23rd January 2011
    Hansen played again and scored again in Celtas away draw with cartagena, and his accurate shooting (3 shots 3 on target) proved a handful for the opposition defence. It is yet to be seen if this is the start of a scoring streak, or if Hansen will fizzle out.

With the transfer window closing, there is strong rumours that one of youngsters will leave their club for a "bigger" team. The question is who will it be. Find out in part 4 of "Future Star"
    Last edited by glennuk; 07-05-2011 at 23:19.

Amateur

Great updates mate. Looking forward to the next one.

As for Mapinduzi, he's OK I guess. First league goal is coming, I'm sure.

Oh yes, how did your team play yesterday? Cheers.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by TIR669 View Post
    Great updates mate. Looking forward to the next one.

As for Mapinduzi, he's OK I guess. First league goal is coming, I'm sure.

Oh yes, how did your team play yesterday? Cheers.
    Glad you obviously did not see the update i made and had to edit due to stupid game not saving.

Oh and my team are making progress, its their first intercolegial (Inter School Tournament) since i started to manage them, and we lost both games 1-0 and 3-0, but we had not trained for 7 a-side and were told it was 9-a-side, until the night before, and also last torunament we had we lost 12-0, 8-0 and 9-0. so It is progress but to be honest i think most of my team have a PA of -1 lol

PS: Final transfer window update at 10-11PM tomorrow.

Semi Pro

Glad you obviously did not see the update i made and had to edit due to stupid game not saving.

Oh and my team are making progress, its their first intercolegial (Inter School Tournament) since i started to manage them, and we lost both games 1-0 and 3-0, but we had not trained for 7 a-side and were told it was 9-a-side, until the night before, and also last torunament we had we lost 12-0, 8-0 and 9-0. so It is progress but to be honest i think most of my team have a PA of -1 lol

PS: Final transfer window update at 10-11PM tomorrow.
    so they are not going to be the next Chilavert or Carlos Gamarra??

Part-Timer

I dont think any of them will be the next Christian Riveros (What a flop) let alone a world renowned name.

To be fair to them, for some of them they have never played football before in their lives.

One actually has the potential to be semi pro but it all depends on whether it his day or not, at times he looks amateur and at times pro.

Anyway i digress.

The Update will be up by at the latest 11pm tonight, but more likely 9-10pm - oh and its pretty exciting for at least one of you.

Amateur

...The Update will be up by at the latest 11pm tonight, but more likely 9-10pm - oh and its pretty exciting for at least one of you.
    It won't be my player, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat...."GO TO AN OPTICIAN MR. HANSEN!!!".....
    I'm pretty sure the 3 goals he scored in the last match, was pure luck...ah well, it can only get better :-)

glennuk: could you give my player a nickname? I would like to call him Santa :-)
    Last edited by santa; 09-05-2011 at 13:31.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    It won't be my player, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat...."GO TO AN OPTICIAN MR. HANSEN!!!".....
    I'm pretty sure the 3 goals he scored in the last match, was pure luck...ah well, it can only get better :-)
    Lol he didn't score 3, he hit 3 shots on target - 0 went in though.

But at least he is breaking into the first team on a rgeular basis now.

Amateur

Lol he didn't score 3, he hit 3 shots on target - 0 went in though...
    That's even worse...!!!! LOL
    Now he really needs glasses ;-)

Part-Timer

January - Live Jan Transfer Watch pt 4

Welcome back to the final part of our transfer watch. With one week to go until the transfer deadline will any of our youngsters impress enough to earn a move?

29th January 2011
    Andrew Poole starts once again and plays well, despite being on the losing team once more. A 2-1 loss to Tranmere sees his Charlton side slipping away from the playoff chasing pack. But a 6.9 rating and some good passing will be individually pleasing to the young star. Poole was once again talked up prior to the match as being Charltons main threat.

Breaking News

Manchester United have a initial £3million pound bid rejected from Bologna for their young star Mr Ihsaan.

30th January 2011
    Celta youngster Alan Juel Hansen starts yet another game for the Liga Adelante side. Playing the full 90 minutes and earning a rating of 6.6 is respectable, although nothing that will get hime noticed, in his sides second score draw in a row.

Breaking News

Manchester United have upped their initial £3million pound bid which was rejected yesterday, and have put in an initial bid of £5.5million which may rise to £6.5million depending on clauses.

Bologna accept the bid and within hours Mr Ihsaan is putting pen to paper on a £9,500 a week contract, making him the highest earning of our young stars, and the first one to be purchased for a fee.

He is put on the loan list as soon as he signs the contract, Ferguson obviously looking for the youngster to get some first team experience.

31st January 2011
    The transfer window closes with no further activity for our young stars, although rumours suggest that Chelsea are interested in Long Tym Toon, Glen Bunday and Andrew Poole, the latter of which is also wanted by Derby County and Liverpool.
    Last edited by glennuk; 09-05-2011 at 22:17.

Part-Timer

Half Season - Quick Recap

Well we have to start with our only young star to have gained a transfer in his first half season. Without making a single start for Bolognas first team, he still impressed enough to earn a huge transfer to Manchester United, arguably one of the biggest teams in the world. Ihsaan will now have an opportunity to go out on loan and gain first team experience, which i'm sure will be useful for him in the future.
    Ihsaans training at Bologna, and prehaps his lack of first team football have noticably increased his determination (+1 since start of signup), which will be of benefit to any club which picks him up/loans him in the future. His scoring record for the U18s at Bologna was pretty good and it will be interesting to see if he can keep this up playing with senior teams.
    Ihsaan Profile

Next to our most prolific player, although not a first team starter for Leeds, Glen Bundays form for the under 18s has been nothing short of Magnificent. Scoring exactly a goal a game, his 28 apperances have seen him collect 9 MOM awards, and an average rating of 7.47. Surely it can't be long before the Elland Road faithful see Bunday start for Leeds, and get a full opportunity to show what he can achieve if given time.
    Prehaps one of our most improved players, with his crossing, free kicks, penalties and longshots all becoming more technical (+1 for each). His mental game has also improved, with his bravery, concentration, composure and creativity, showing noticable improvements in training and matches. (+1 for each). His manager will also be impressed with his work off the ball, on his positioning, work rate and that he is starting to open his mouth on the pitch to try to influence the game more. (+1 for each). The player has also been put on weight training, and has improved his strength, although still not his strongest attribute. (+1 for strength).
    Bunday Profile

Next to the man who was displaced by Ihsaan as the highest earner of our youngsters, Matthew Cooper. A good first half of the season for Villa, he has started just under a third of their league games, and has shown some skill in the apperances he has made. Dubbed the next Ashley Cole, shows how highly this youngster is rated, and 1 youth cap for England is good for any youngsters confidence. Our scouts suggest that his marking and passing have improved (+1 each). mentally he is making better decisions, being more creative, anticipating play better and he is concentrating alot more which in turn has improved his positining and helped him to lead the line better. (+1 for all the above).
    Physically his stamina, agility and acceleration have improved (+1 each) and his strength has dramatically improved (+2 here).
    Cooper Profile

Next to our best performer of the half season we have had so far. Chuck Noise has had a fantastic start to life in germany, and professional football as a whole. 23 senior apperances for Hoffenheim, all starts, and a 4 youth caps for Belgium. This youngster is setting the german league on fire with his crunching tackling, superb range of passing and consistent performances.
    Surely it cannot be long before one of the big clubs, in Spain or England take a look at this young phenom.
    He has obviously been working hard as our most improved youngster, with all of his techincal abilities looking better (+1 to all technical apart from first touch). His mental side of the game has had similar improvements, with a noticable different in the way he approaches a game, in particular his creativity and off the ball movement have shown a steep rise (+2 for each, +1 for many other mental attributes).
    Physically he has grown alot stronger (+3 to strength) and his whole stature seems improved (+1 to all physcial apart from natural fitness and strength as indicated above)
    Noise Profile

Well thats all for today folks, join us again next time where we take a look at four more of our young stars and how they have progressed over the last 6 months.
    Last edited by glennuk; 10-05-2011 at 15:11.

Part-Timer

Welcome to part 2 of our half season recap. In this show we take a look at our future stars to see how they have come along since first being scouted by the Sky Sports team in June/July.

The first star we look at this show is a foriegn star in a foriegn land. Mizengo Mapinduzi, started his career at Leece, and although he has had some first team experience, he has not performed to the best of his abilities. He undoubtedly has talent as can be seen by the one non competitive match that he played, where he scored a hat trick and played superbly. This form has yet to replicate in the league where he is yet to score a goal.
    However the youngster has played well and has shown that he has some talent, but this is not yet enough to convince his manager to trust him with a regular first team spot.
    His overall technique has improved, which has resulted in an improvement in his dribbling and finishing abilities. the extra work he has done on penalty practice has also not gone unoticed (+1 for each). His mental abilities have also improved with a huge increase in the determination he shows on and off the field (+2) as well as an improvement in off the ball movement (+1), his anticipation, composure, creativity, decisions and team work have all seen an improvement, which shows that this youngster is working hard to improve himself. (+1 for each).
    Physically Mapinduzi has always been a big lad, but his improvement in acceleration and pace shows that he is not just a target man, also an improvement in his agility and stamina will do him well, adding the fact that he seems to now get off the floor better (+1 for each).
    Mapinduzi Profile

Back to home soil and to Leicester where we check on the progress of Long Tym Toon, prehaps the youth with the most Chavtastic name. Another big lad at 6foot5, but yet to become a big name for Leicester, under boss Sven Goran Eriksson.
    Toon will not be happy with the measly 5 starts he has been given , but considering he has not exactly set the world on fire with his eprformances he has not got too much to complain about. Prehaps a 6 month period to forget for the youngster as his training has not particularly gone well either.
    A slight improvement to his stamina, jumping and flair is all he has to show for 6 months hard graft.
    Maybe a move will do him good, or prehaps toon just isn't destined for greatness, only time will tell.
    Toon Profile

Next to another man with a name that no one could quite believe, King Tikki-Man, yet to make his first team debut for Wolves, but impressing in the U18 side. With a massive return of 20 goals in his 29 starts for the U18s. Prehaps soon enough he will be called up by his manager Mick McCarthy, as some people just have a knack for putting the ball in the back of the net, and every sign points to Tikki-Man becoming one of those players.
    Technically Tikki-Man has been working on his marking, Why? we don't quite know, however he has shown an improvement in this aspect of his game (+1 for marking).
    His mental game has also improved with his anticipation, concentration, decisions and teamwork showing improvement, as well as his influence, and already impressive off the ball skills (+1 for each). Looking physically at the lad we can see that his pace and stamina has improved, and he is looking like an altogether more agile player. (+1 for each)
    Tikki-Man Profile

East Anglia is our next stop with Ipswich Towns young striker Karim Al Gaddafi the last player we are focusing on today.
    Mostly used in the U18 team Al gaddafi has shown he has an eye for goal, scoring an impressive 12 goals in 18 appearances. Add to that the one league goal he has scored in the 6 apperances he has made for the first team, and we have a player who knows how to hit the back of the net. Although the ratio for the first team may not be brilliant, it is a start and as Gaddafi is still only 16 years old, he has alot of growing to do.

Physically the coaches at Portman Road have been working on his stamina, which has shown some improvement (+1). Also his performances in the first team have led to him having more influence at the club (+1).
    With the second half of the season to go the question remains whether Gaddafi will stick around the first team, or whether he will be left in the U18s to continue to prove himself.
    Gaddafi Profile

Well thats all for today folks, join us again next time where we take a look at three more of our young stars and how they have progressed over the last 6 months.
    Last edited by glennuk; 10-05-2011 at 15:19.

Part-Timer

Very pleased with my progress and stats growth and starting more league games!
    Does the U19 cap for England count as a continental appearance?

Part-Timer

Very pleased with my progress and stats growth and starting more league games!
    Does the U19 cap for England count as a continental appearance?
    No continental apperance is for your club team (In this case Aston Villa) , in the euro cup. But yes your stats are coming along nicely, which is probably due to the premiership facilities and also the fact that you are getting in the first team every so often.
    Last edited by glennuk; 10-05-2011 at 17:56.

Part-Timer

Welcome to part 3 of our mid season recap. We will once again be looking at some of the young stars that we previously identified, and tracking their progress.

Andrew Poole, is one of our stars that has firmly placed his grip on the first team of Charlton Athletic. So much so that he is now regarded by many to be one of their key players, with comments often appearing in the media about how he is the Addicks biggest threat.
    With 31 games played, he has had the most minutes from any of our young players. He has shown a consitency (7.09 AVR) rare for one so young, and has chipped in with 3 goals and 12 assists. The only worrying sign will be the 33 fouls and 11 yellow cards that he has recieved so far this season, something which i'm sure the backroom staff will be looking to improve.
    He has become faster, stronger and more fit (+1 for accel, natural fitness, jumping, and +2 for strength).
    His off the ball movement and decisions whilst on the pitch have also shown signs of improvement as has his influence and concentration during matches (+1 for each). He is less likely to shy out of tackles, which may be in part to his added strength. (+1 Bravery)
    Poole Profile

Next we go to an unfortunate one of our stars. Buzzasto Da Silva was intially the most delighted of our stars, the little andorran making a big move to Valencia, and earning his first cap for his country. However this feeling must have soon faded, 6 months at Valencia and he has one first team apperance to his name. getting to train with the first team must feel good, but i'm sure Buzzasto would prefer to be in the reserves playing regular football.
    However the star looks set to stay for the rest of the season, and will hope for a loan move or at least some reserve team action to shake off the rust that is undoubtedly gathering.
    He has been working on his long throws, first touch and dribbling, which have come along nicely (+1 for each).
    Physically his strength has greatly improved (+2) as has his acceleration, stamina, pace and agility (+1 for each).
    Mentally he has been making better decisions and working with the team more, this has been shown in his improvement in composure on and off the field. (+1 for each)
    Da Silva Profile

Igor Kesina is another one of our foreign stars who has not had the best of luck, although not quite as bad as Da Silva. Kesina is another international and played well for his country. However he has not managed to garner a first team spot at Sporting.
    Playing 5 games for his club in the league, 3 off the bench, and yet to score a goal, or put his name in the headlines for any other reason.
    He did however impress in the one start he had in the Euro Cup, where he started and scored a goal. The only question remains is whether Kesina will stick it out and wait for an opportunity, or get restless and ask for a move.
    Kesina has been working hard on the physical side of his game in training, improving his strength and balance,(+1 for each) but should probably be showing more signs of improvement for one so young and talented.
    Kesina Profile
    Last edited by glennuk; 10-05-2011 at 16:48.

Amateur

A big transfer early on, but where do I move from here?...

Amateur

Small inprovements hope i get sold to a championship side next year and slowly work my way up making for app. and getting experance

Man City or Real Madrid ?

Part-Timer

Maybe you don't need to. I think if they let you go on loan for maybe this season and next you could do very well in the championship/league one and then go on to dominate with Manchest united......well thats probably the dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Bob24 View Post
    Small inprovements hope i get sold to a championship side next year and slowly work my way up making for app. and getting experance
    Well i think you have probably had the best start to a career (Along with chuck noise) as you have had a lot of first team experience at a young age, and have proven yourslef at this level. Though a step up may not be as easy, however if your stats continue the way they are then you will grow as you move up divisions, which is ideal right?

Part-Timer

Welcome to part 4 of our mid season recap. Today we look at the last 3 of our youngsters and look at their progress over the last 6 months.

We start of with James Sheriff, who is another youngster yet to break his way into the first team. However he joins our list of youngsters impressing for the U18 squads. With 10 goals in 17 games he has made a good start at Tottenham, and even though he is yet to break into the first team, the experience of being at a big club will surely be of benefit to him. With an improvement to the physical side of his game, the youngster is making good progress (+1 to all physical stats, apart from strength +2 and natural fitness stayed the same).
    Also a huge improvement on the technical side were all of his abilities seem to have improved (+1 for each, apart from long throws), and mental (Where a whole host of stats have improved by 1).
    Sheriff is obviously working hard to improve his game, and if he continues at this rate surely he will be a star of the future.
    Sheriff Profile

Hansen is a player who has just started to find his feet in the Liga adelante. Starting to become a consistent first team player, and if he is not starting he can usually be found on the bench, apart from when his poor stamina has left him unfit.
    He now has 13 starts plus 5 sub apperances, and has scored 2 goals for his club. Which may sound pretty awful, but more recently he has been playing well, and in his last 5 games has scored 2 goals, which is a much more acceptable ratio.
    He is a pacey player, although he can be critized for being too weak on occasions.
    Questions have been raised as to his attitude in training though, as he is one of our only youngsters who has not shown any improvement in his game.
    Hansen Profile

Last but not least is Le Sulk who had a hard time with an injury which kept him out for near 3 months. The frenchmans on the field play has not been much better, with a total of 12 games, 2 of which were off the bench, and only one goal. His average rating is nothing to boast about with a 6.66 average (hmmm is that a sign.....6.66???).
    He will be hoping the second half of the season goes more smoothly for him, and he has an injury free time.
    A boost to his composure, creativity and positioning will help his overall game, as will the physical work he has put into his strength, jumping and acceleration.
    His crossing ability and his shooting from range, have been a focus of his training over the past few months, and from the looks of it he is doing better.
    The question remains can Le Sulk reamin injury free and start to fire for the Bundesliga club, or will he be an almost ran?
    Le Sulk Profile

Thats all for today folks, hope you enjoyed our broadcast, and keep tuning in to see the progress of your favourite "Future Star".
    Last edited by glennuk; 10-05-2011 at 19:27.

Third Team

PS: Only if your promise to follow my thread, and adopt a player if anyone goes missing.
    Any players to adopt?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesbeams View Post
    Any players to adopt?

haha not quite yet, but if James Sheriff does not post then James Sheriff is free to adopt.

Part-Timer

Leeds strikers must be on fire for me not to get more games, either that or the manager has got something against me!

Amateur

Well i think you have probably had the best start to a career (Along with chuck noise) as you have had a lot of first team experience at a young age, and have proven yourslef at this level. Though a step up may not be as easy, however if your stats continue the way they are then you will grow as you move up divisions, which is ideal right?
    That would be great. Im just worried that come the summer i will get sold to a big prem side and not play anymore games for a season or so

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Bob24 View Post
    That would be great. Im just worried that come the summer i will get sold to a big prem side and not play anymore games for a season or so
    But if Charlton don't go up do you really want another year in League One?

Amateur

I'm here silently watching... like a ninja

This is very good

Great to see my player improving

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff 1993 View Post
    I'm here silently watching... like a ninja

This is very good

Great to see my player improving
    haha i like it.
    Maybe your player will also be like a ninja, and strike the first team when we least expect it.

Amateur

But if Charlton don't go up do you really want another year in League One?
    Dont worry if Andrew Poole has anything to do with it they will go up... but its better than being stuck in the U18's or reserves

Amateur

Maybe you don't need to. I think if they let you go on loan for maybe this season and next you could do very well in the championship/league one and then go on to dominate with Manchest united......well thats probably the dream right?
    I want transfer fees, not trophies!

Part-Timer

Teaser Trailer

Two months have passed since we last caught up with our "Future Stars'. Tonight at 21:00 BST we will look at how our stars have performed, as well as stars who have made the news and the fate of our future stars teams.

Make sure you don't miss out on what promises to be an exciting episode of "Future Stars" only on Sky Sports.

Part-Timer

Feb/March - The Tail End

Two months have passed since we last caught up with our "Future Stars'. Tonight we catch up with some of our stars, and look at how they have progressed since we have been away.

First off we look at one of our most prolific strikers. Well prolific for the U18s anyway. Glen Bunday has been lighting up the U18 league with Leeds, and has shown his composure and techinical ability in front of goal. There has been no change over the last few months in that department, he has scored a total of 34 goals in 36 games for the U18s, which is impressive by anyones standards.
    He has however made his first start for the Leeds senior team, which was the 12th Feb match against Barnsley (Theres that team again), he did not impress however, lasting the full game with a 6.2 rating.
    Probably due to this performance he did not get called up again, that is until the 8th March, when Leeds had visitors from the wrong end of the table. Bunday started, played 90 minutes, and even though Neil Kilkenny, got sent off in the 8th minute, it was clearly Bundays day. Scoring two goals in front of the Elland road support, including one from the spot, and gaining the MOM award.
    Strangely enough in the 2 matches since then Bunday has not even featured as a substitute.
    Even if Leeds do not see his potential, it is clear that another club does. Chelsea have renewed there interest in the youngster, who was previously subject to a withdrawn bid by Liverpool.
    Bunday Profile

Another one of our stars who has shone for the U18s is James Sheriff, an impressive 13 goals from 20 U18 games, shows that he could well be a future star. Currently being tutored by Pavlyuchenko, lets just hope his first season in the Premier league will be better than Romans.
    Sheriff Profile

The third player we are looking at today is another U18 star. 25 goals from 35 apperances is just another example of our young stars finding the U18 leagues too easy. Prehaps McCarthy is blind, or Mick Halsall (Youth Team Coach) does not think Tikki-Man is ready. Surely with a record as shown above it can't be long til the London born King is on the move, either to a different club or to the senior team.
    Tikki-Man Profile

One player who will be very dissapointed with how things are going at his club is Mizengo Mapinduzi. With Leece rock bottom of Seria A and 10 points from safety, it looks like the young star may be facing life in Seria B next season. Also with only one start in the last two months, a 1-1 draw with the Old lady (Juve) in which mapinduzi played poorly for 90 minutes (6.4). The match was way back on the 2nd Jan, and since Mapinduzi has not featured, which may be in part due to the fact he was out for 7 days at the start of march with a bruised head he suffered in training.
    However he will be pleased that he got his first cap and first goal for Tanzania, and an important one at that, a 1-0 win in their first African Cup of Nations qualifying group game against Central African Rep.
    Mapinduzi Profile

The last player we are looking at in this show is Mr Ihsaan. With the first of our stars to gain a big money move, much is expected of this youngster. Still listed as loan, the youngster has got his first youth cap for England U21s, even if it was just a cameo apperance for 10 minutes. He has also been playing well for Manchester Uniteds U18 team where he has accumulated 7 goals in just 6 starts.
    The future is surely bright for the young star, but he will be craving some first team action.
    Ihsaan Profile

That's it for tonights show folks. Join us again tomorrow where we will once again be casting our eyes on the stars of tomorrow in our friday night edition of "Future Stars".
    Last edited by glennuk; 12-05-2011 at 21:14.

Part-Timer

Sorry folks was going to do a big update but have got to go in to work. Will get it done tomorrow though between 8-10 pm english time.

Part-Timer

Guys keep posting if you are still following.

Firstly to encourage me

But more importantly if not i may put your player up for adoption ala Baritone Trouble.

Part-Timer

Eager to see how I've been progressing at Villa!
    Hope Houllier has left haha!

Part-Timer

Eager to see how I've been progressing at Villa!
    Hope Houllier has left haha!
    Well you will be in the update tonight (For me its only 12:48pm here, i get home at 5 or 530 usually).

But why the Houllier hate? You think another manager would really trust a young defender to play regular first team football?

Part-Timer

Yes, anyone related to the great Brian Clough methinks.
    Manager of Borussia Dortmund, maybe. Great focus on youth!

Part-Timer

Yes, anyone related to the great Brian Clough methinks.
    Manager of Borussia Dortmund, maybe. Great focus on youth!
    I dont follow the german leagues but wish i had added them for this challenge.

Ahh well guess i could next time round for FM12.

Anyway everyone expect an update for tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast