To stay or go?

I've been at Wednesday for almost 16 years. I've had a lot of success and pretty much achieved more than I could even imagine, I'm usually bored at this point. I'd usually consider it finished business.

Here comes the twist. I've been wanting to manage in Spain for a while, I've had a couple of job offers from Man City and a few from other teams but I've never been this tempted to move.

The backstory.

I've won everything I could with Wednesday although the 'real' treble has so far evaded me! I love my squad and have some truly world class players that love me too :D I think I'd be lost without Nwadike Chibueze tearing up and down the left wing!

Barcelona however, also have a damn fine team plus an 87m warchest for me to go at. I don't usually like to spend a lot though and it would break the bank to bring Chibueze with me. They have some players who I've tried to sign but failed quite miserably. I'm getting ready to rebuild a club again, stamping my own playing style on a team, all new backroom staff etc.

I'm leaning towards staying in sunny Sheffield and setting myself two targets, the first is to win the treble, the second is to get one of my players to break the all-time scorer record of 217. The closest I've got to is only 116 so it would take something special.

On the other hand, I could move to Barcelona which would give me a short term challenge of building the club in my image, it would also only be my second club job. I'm sure I'd try to sign Chibueze as well but I'm pretty sure I'd fail.

EDIT: If I moved my main target would be to break the points total in LIGA BBVA, currently 99.

So what do I do?

Stay with Sheff Wednesday :thup:

Things just won't be the same if you leave and if you play both saves one will get left behind and I find you lose an element of the realism.

There have been plenty of times that I've left a club I'm doing well with because I've seen money and a fabulous squad at the other end. Managing the famous Barcelona with their traditional claret and blue kit will never be the same as managing Sheff Wednesday in their 'traditional' Blue and White :thup::D

Staying it is! I used to do the two save thing but I find that I never go back when I do anyway and I don't really want to play two games at once.

I think when I'm ready to leave, I'll go for a rubbish Spanish team instead and try to build them up.

Archived