Recent iPhone update

• SI Staff
Was that specifically for the iPad? Just couldn't really tell what difference it made to the game. Is there another update due for release soon?

The changes made are listed in the 'credits - version' section of the game as per normal, main change was making the HD skin for the iPad but there were a couple of gameplay improvements added as well (nothing 'major' just tweaks to the existing engine rather than new features).

Pretty pointless update for the iPhone really. Haven't noticed anything changed.

Also Marc, really impressed with the iPad HD skin. Even though I don't have an iPad.

Any chance we could get that squad selection screen on iPod and iPhone?

• SI Staff
Pretty pointless update for the iPhone really. Haven't noticed anything changed.

tbh its like most of the present 'bugs' in the game - they're tweaks, if ones been annoying you then its worthwhile updating - if you haven't noticed them then entirely down to the individual.

Also Marc, really impressed with the iPad HD skin. Even though I don't have an iPad.

Any chance we could get that squad selection screen on iPod and iPhone?

Thanks for the kind words - unfortunately that selection page only 'works' on the iPad because of the larger screen size, on the iPhone that screen would be incredibly 'fiddly' I'm afraid.

• SI Staff
Marc, what about a selection screen for iPhone like this one? ;

2198nif.jpg

Would certainly be an improvement on the horizontal formation screen.

Strangely enough that (abeit with the pitch on the right) was what we started with in FMHi - in practice it was found that the 'drop' areas for the pitch were too small for people with large fingers which is why the pitch was rotated somewhat and made larger in one of the first FMHi 2010 updates ...

(but I'm still trying to find an improved system for team selection ... so thanks for the suggestion)

i think i've noticed a few things that look better...well to me anyway like player ratings the numeric looks more polished also the team name listings ? and i have noticed you have taken the wide scroll bar option away ?

• SI Staff
i think i've noticed a few things that look better...well to me anyway like player ratings the numeric looks more polished also the team name listings ? and i have noticed you have taken the wide scroll bar option away ?

No one seemed to be using it tbh and QA mentioned that they tended to click on it accidentally when it was active - so its been 'retired' for now, if you want it back tell me basically ... I'm listening and have been known to get things wrong now and again.

hi marc did you change the icon when you select a player with your finger on the formation player selection page i notice a square appears around the figure of the player.

• SI Staff
I've noticed that I'm not able to switch players anymore when using the Detailed view. That is kind of annoying because I have to manually put players on my bench when they used to just switch.

I'll look into this - just to confirm is this on the iPad or iPhone ? (or both)

Hi Marc

Beside the fact that the large scrollbars are gone it is absolutely annoying that you cannot drag and drop the players anymore in the detailed team selection. It takes me ages now to change my formation. Howdie Ho - is nobody testing the updates anymore. I mean that is very very annoying!

Not much improvement = indeed lots of new trouble. Now we have to wait ones more months on a fix - That should not happen!

Is it not possible to think about an option to get back to the old version in the future if such inconvinient things happen. I mean I am really starting to be reluctant to download updates anymore.

Oliver

Hi Enthon. Would you please elaborate on what you mean by 'you cannot drag and drop the players anymore in the detailed team selection' as when in the detailed view of the club squad screen dragging and dropping players appears to be working fine at our end.

I take it that the screen you are referring to is your club squad screen, having changed the view from Overview to Detailed?

And just to confirm, is it on iPhone or iPad that you're having this problem?

• SI Staff
BTW, the update said you guys "tweeked the scout reports some." Can you give us an idea of what you did? I haven't found anything about it on the forums.

Its to do with the reliability and players ratings rather than the text displayed ... tuning the internal AI, its a bit hard to verbalise outside of that I'm afraid.

iphone 4.

I think its a PEBKAC issue..... you can switch players but you used to be able to drag from the name, now you have to drag from their position thingy next to their name.

Yup I can confirm this. I used to put my fat finger on a player's name, drag him onto another in order to make them switch position etc. but now I can't do that. I try drag'n'drop on the player position 'icon' but that takes me to player position 9 out of 10 times.

@Marc: This is on the club squad - selection screen.

I have also seen this on my iPhone (have not played much on my iPad after the update yet, but the update looks good).

In the detailed club squad screen you could previously drag and drop players by touching their names. After the update this no longer works. However I can still drag and drop them, but only if the drag starts on the icon on the left indicating the players current position.

I am not able to scroll using the narrow scrollbar anymore in any of the squad screens. It is not a big deal, but I was used to scroll using the bar. I never saw the "wide scroll bar" option though. I have also noticed this on the iPad.

Yup I can confirm this. I used to put my fat finger on a player's name, drag him onto another in order to make them switch position etc. but now I can't do that. I try drag'n'drop on the player position 'icon' but that takes me to player position 9 out of 10 times.

@Marc: This is on the club squad - selection screen.

One way to avoid going to the position selection screen when trying to drag & drop is to drag it immediately to the right first rather than just going straight up or down. At least that's what works for my fat fingers :)

Archived