I have started the game with the following leagues running on a large database:

England (League Two)

Scotland (SPL only)

Spain (Top two divisions)

France (Ligue 1 only)

Germany (Top two divisions)

Italy (Serie A and B)

Brazil (Serie A only)

This is the best balance for game size and speed, as my computer is rather old. The only reason I wanted other leagues running was to prevent squads full of greys as we grow and play in Europe. It should also make more clubs approach our players, though I am hoping to hold on to all of them for at least a few years. The other leagues are also view only, to allow for faster processing.

I also added a few England legends as coaches, to give us a decent backroom team.

I will aim to keep the original 25 players as long as possible, and shall play them as long as they are the best 25 at the club. I shall only sell/release anyone that becomes unable to play for England by playing for another country. As we in League One, however, I can't promise everyone will stay with the club.

Awards:

First Goalscorer: Caleb Weah-Sebwe (v Swindon, League One)

First U21 cap: Many

First cap:

First U21 goal:

First International goal:

Most caps:

Most Internatioal goals:

Most league appearences:

Most league goals:

First to leave:

First to play for another country: Jim Bowman (Scotland)

If you can think of any other interesting awards, let me know and I shall add them. I shall not be playing the friendlies at the start of the season, and will not process information from them, but I will post any interesting results from them.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venables unveiled as FA Academy Manager

Today, the English Football Assocation Select, usually known as the FA Academy, revealed legendary England manager Terry Venables as their first manager. Venables is popular among all but the youngest England fans, after he guided the team to an excellent semi-final finish in Euro 96.

His squad are said to be relishing the oppourtunity to play under such a legend, even in the relatively low profile League One.

England U21 manager Stuart Pearce has been hired as the Assistant Manager.

----------------------------------------

If anyone wants to have a press conference, send me your MSN address. You can also make media comments in this thread, try to stick to the character you created's personality (you'll know more about him than me!).

FA Academy draw Swans

Welsh team Swansea City will provide the FA Academy with their first cup opposition. As the FA Academy play at Wembley, this home tie will unusually see a League Cup first round game played at the national stadium.

Venables seemed pleased with the draw, a feeling shared by many of the players who consider the Swans, despite being a league above them, to be easily beatable.

Three Lions get off to good start (League One, Match #1, vs Swindon Town (New Wembley))

In their first competitive game, the FA Academy showed Wiltshire's biggest team that football was a game of two halves. In the first half, the Three Lions were unable to break Swindon down, until an own goal near the break from defender Duffy. The credit as an own goal annoyed Long Tym Toon, who was in possession and was about to shoot when Duffy tackled him.

In the second half, Weah-Sebwe scored two goals, both from long passes from midfield. Venables, disappointed with the team after 45 minutes, told his players to be a little more direct in his passes. The score easily could have been more, had Toon and Weah-Sebwe not blown other chances.

FA Academy 3 (Duffy og, Weah-Sebwe 2) Swindon 0

Team:

Formation 4-4-2

1 James David G

13 James Sheriff RB

2 Michael Weird LB

5 Jamie Reynolds CB

6 Alex Seddon CB

17 Ahmed Ishaan RM

18 Aiden Lfc LM

26 Andre Worth CM

16 Daniel Russell CM

8 Caleb Weah-Sebwe ST

9 Long Tym Toon ST

Subs:

15 Dillon Cathro (GK)

30 Bradley Manning

10 Ishaan Ahmed

14 Andrea Stonini

4 Thor Vanilla

21 Cuddle Fish

23 Igor Kesina

RATINGS (Rounded to traditional /10 from FM11 /10.0)

David 8, Sheriff 8, Reynolds 7, Seddon 8, Weird 7 (Manning 7), Ishaan 8 (Fish), Russell 7, Worth 7, Lfc 7, Toon 7 (Ahmed 7), Weah-Sebwe 9

Booked: Weird

Super-subs fire 10 man FA Academy through

The expression about football being a game of two halves was proven once again at Wembley, during the FA Academy's first competitive cup game, in the Carling Cup against Championship Swansea.

Despite generally dominating in the first half, the Three Lions found themselves a goal down as they went in to the break. Venables did not let himself get too angry, but nonetheless showed his disappointment, whilst drawing out a number of moves on the dressing room blackboard. FA Academy headed back out with a spring in their step. Long Tym Toon, however, had missed a number of shots and was replaced by Ihsaan Ahmed. Immediately the substitute made an impact, scoring within 4 minutes. This goal rocked Swansea, who spent the majority of the second half in their own half. The home team's rythym was ruined a little when Caleb Weah-Sebwe was taken off with an injury, Andrea Stonini taking his place. Venables also took off Alex Seddon, who had taken a knock, bringing Thor Vanilla on in his place. It was only when Jamie Reynolds got himself a second yellow, which some deem to be harsh, that the Swans looked close to getting another goal.

In extra time, both teams played nervously, not helped by the fact that many were tired. It was towards the end of the first half of extra time that the deadlock was again broken, as Andrea Stonini ran onto Ihsaan Ahmed's pass. Virtually straight away, Ahmed scored his second, a brilliant solo effort including a run from his own half.

The second half of extra time brought no further action, with both teams exhausted.

FA Academy 3 (Ahmed 2, Stonini) Swansea 1 (Moore)

Team:

1 James David G

13 James Sheriff RB

2 Michael Weird LB

5 Jamie Reynolds CB (Capt.)

6 Alex Seddon CB

17 Ahmed Ihsaan RM

18 Aiden Lfc LM

26 Andre Worth CM

16 Daniel Russell CM

8 Caleb Weah-Sebwe ST

9 Long Tym Toon ST

Subs:

15 Dillon Cathro (GK)

30 Bradley Manning

10 Ihsaan Ahmed

14 Andrea Stonini

4 Thor Vanilla

21 Cuddle Fish

23 Igor Kesina

RATINGS:

David 7, Sheriff 7, Reynolds 7, Seddon 7 (Vanilla 7), Weird 7, Ihsaan 7, Russell 8, Worth 7, Lfc 8, Toon 7 (Ahmed 9), Weah-Sebwe 7 (Stonini 8)

Press Conference

The Football League Paper: Has the performance by Ihsaan Ahmed granted him a position in the first team?

El Tel: I won't say anything at this stage, but things will be changed around a little following this game.

Trotters to face Venables' FA Academy

FA Academy have been handed another home draw in the League Cup, this time against Premiership side Bolton Wanderers. The Three Lions fans are said to be eagerly anticipating this clash, though Venables is said to not be confident of victory at this stage.

Carlisle 0 FA Academy 6 (Ihsaan, Ahmed, McDaid og, Stonini, Beale, Fish)

Team Selection:

1 James David G

4 Thor Vanilla RB

2 Michael Weird LB

13 James Sheriff CB

27 Ian Beale CB

17 Ahmed Ihsaan RM

18 Aiden Lfc LM (Capt.)

16 Darren Russell CM

11 King Tikki-Man CM

10 Ihsaan Ahmed ST

14 Andrea Stonini ST

SUBS:

15 Dillon Cathro (GK)

30 Bradley Manning

8 Caleb Weah-Sebwe

9 Long Tym Toon

29 Matthew Cooper

21 Cuddle Fish

23 Igor Kesina

Ratings:

David 7, Vanilla - (Cooper 8), Beale 9, Sheriff 8, Weird 8, Ishaan 9, Russell 7 (Fish 7), Tikki-Man 9, Lfc 9, Stonini 9, Ahmed 8 (Weah-Sebwe 7)

Notes:

We led the game for all but the first 26 seconds after which Ahmed Ihsaan scored.

Thor Vanilla was injured after four minutes, out for six days.

Other news:

We have drawn Brighton at home in the JPT. El Tel considers this winnable.

Great to see I got my first game under my belt at RB, well I did put as a secondary position after all.

Rating of 8 after coming on as a sub is very impressive.

I actually re-jigged the defence to get four green dots, think you played as CB.

Also remember that you played the whole game, virtually. ;)

FA Academy 3 (Ihsaan, Reynolds, Sheriff) Dagenham & Redbridge 0 (League One, match #3)

Team selection:

1 James David G

13 James Sheriff RB

2 Michael Weird LB

27 Ian Beale CB

16 Darren Russell DM

17 Ahmed Ihsaan RM

18 Aiden Lfc LM

11 King Tikki-Man AM

10 Ihsaan Ahmed ST

14 Andrea Stonini ST

Subs:

15 Dillon Cathro (GK)

30 Bradley Manning

8 Caleb Weah-Sebwe

9 Long Tym Toon

29 Matthew Cooper

21 Cuddle Fish

23 Igor Kesina

Ratings:

David 7, Sheriff 8, Beale 6 (Cooper 7), Reynolds 8, Weird 7, Ihsaan 9, Lfc 7, Tikki-Man 7 (Weah-Sebwe), Stonini 7, Ahmed 7 (Kesina 7)

Notes:

First goal for Reynolds and Sheriff.

Formation change to 4-4-2 Diamond, appears successful.

Three Lions humiliate woeful Bolton

Bolton arrived at Wembley confident, expecting an easy victory against a League One side. From the kick off they surged forward confidently, but were checked.

Play was even for the first 20 minutes, both sides going close, though FA Academy were playing a little nervously against larger opposition. It was then that Aiden Lfc crossed the ball in, which was handled poorly. So poorly, in fact, that it ended up in the back of the net, Paillot being credited with the own goal.

After the first goal, the FA Academy looked to be in the driving seat. By half time King Tikki-Man added a second, putting the team well in command. In the second half, Wanderers imploded, with Ihsaan Ahmed, Aiden Lfc and Andrea Stonini making it five. Though the last ten minutes were goalless, most Bolton fans were already halfway to the M1, having left in their dozens when the third goal was scored.

FA Academy 5 (Paillot og, Tikki-Man, Ahmed, Lfc, Stonini) Bolton 0 - (League Cup, Second Round), Att: 11,441

Team selection:

1 James David G

13 James Sheriff RB

2 Michael Weird LB

6 Alex Seddon CB

16 Darren Russell DM

17 Ahmed Ihsaan RM

18 Aiden Lfc LM

11 King Tikki-Man AM

10 Ihsaan Ahmed ST

14 Andrea Stonini ST

Subs:

15 Dillon Cathro (GK)

27 Ian Beale

8 Caleb Weah-Sebwe

9 Long Tym Toon

29 Matthew Cooper

21 Cuddle Fish

23 Igor Kesina

Ratings:

David 8, Sheriff 8, Seddon 8, Reynolds 8, Weird 8, Russell 9, Ihsaan 7 (Fish 7), Lfc 8, Tikki-Man 9, Stonini 9, Ahmed 9 (Toon 7)

Citizens dread FA Academy draw

Roberto Mancini is said to be dreading his team's trip to Wembley after Manchester City were drawn away to the FA Academy in the Carling Cup today. After the short work that had been made of fellow Lancastrians Bolton, the blue half of Manchester will be hoping that the strength of their team will prove enough to stop the Three Lions in their tracks.

Sheffield Wednesday 0 FA Academy 1 (Stonini) - League One Match #4, Att: 20,335

Team Selection:

1 James David G

13 James Sheriff RB

30 Bradley Manning LB

6 Alex Seddon CB

27 Ian Beale DM

21 Cuddle Fish RM

18 Aiden Lfc LM

11 King Tikki-Man AM

14 Andrea Stonini ST

31 Jim Bowman ST

Subs

15 Dillon Cathro (GK)

16 Darren Russell

8 Caleb Weah-Sebwe

9 Long Tym Toon

29 Matthew Cooper

17 Ahmed Ihsaan

23 Igor Kesina

Ratings:

David 7, Sheriff 7, Seddon 7, Reynolds 7, Manning 7, Beale 7, Fish 7 (Russell 6), Lfc 7 (Cooper 7), Tikki-Man 7, Stonini 7, Bowman 7

Funny Notes

Jim Bowman was referred to as a 'young striker' in a news item regarding his debut. He's 30!

Archived