8.0.2 update are man utd too good

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inkognieto:

in 2012 man utd is relegated in my game. C.Ronaldo went to Arsenal.. :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can safely say you are lying/joking unless you have some proof.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fm God:

on most of my saves i get about 10 seasons in but in the first season its just impossible to keep up with them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, like I say, bide your time until Mr. No. 1 in the Hall of Fame hangs up his hairdryer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In my latest save it's Arsenal who are winning the trophys, with Man Utd finishing 3rd, 4th and then 11th! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my current game I have to say that Man U are pretty bad it has to be said. Although only 19 games have been played Man U are already 14 points behind 3rd place Liverpool who are managed by me. I know that 19 games isnt a lot but unless something really bad happens to the other 3 then I can see Man U catching them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In my latest save it's Arsenal who are winning the trophys, with Man Utd finishing 3rd, 4th and then 11th! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my current game I have to say that Man U are pretty bad it has to be said. Although only 19 games have been played Man U are already 14 points behind 3rd place Liverpool who are managed by me. I know that 19 games isnt a lot but unless something really bad happens to the other 3 then I can see Man U catching them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazatim83:

i can beat them i beat them 4 in a row at one point

I JUST CANT WIN A CUP WITH TOTTENHAM

sorry frustrated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! Me too. I keep coming up against Liverpool and Torres scalps me every time icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fm God:

i have had 3 saves had on the 8.0.2 update and man utd have won the league with at least 95 points in the first season every time has anyone else had this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well irl they are not far away from that and will only get better over the next couple of seasons so I would say it's fairly accurate

Guest dgsheard

I'd have to say that 8.0.2 is the most unrealistic version of Football Manager (or Champ Man) I've ever played in terms of points won by the champions.

I've played two games so far with Liverpool. In first game, Utd won league with 99 points (which has never happened in reality).

In the second game, Arsenal (yes, the team with the weak squad that is dying now in real life) got 102 points.

It's a shame, cause it's not realistic, and therefore has completely lost the charm it's had for me for over 10 years.

If it's not realistic any more, there's no point me playing it.

And what's with the ludicrous transfer fees? I've sold Riise for £22m, Hammill (reserve) for £9m. Stupid.

I've heard a few stories of Utd going bankrupt in FM08. I'm currently into my 2nd season with them and with 6 games left just got a note saying the board paid off 4m debts to stave off the receivers! I've noticed that in the game they have to pay off £4.6m a month to the bank!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dgsheard:

I've played two games so far with Liverpool. In first game, Utd won league with 99 points (which has never happened in reality). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm fed up hearing about lack of reality in a game that people take Barnet to the CL final in. You want reality in points, but you also want to have the ability to take Cambridge into the CL spots within ten years.

Which is more realistic, Man Utd getting 100 points or Cambridge marching through the leagues and keeping the same manager the whole time?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In the second game, Arsenal (yes, the team with the weak squad that is dying now in real life) got 102 points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is a shame that the testers and researchers couldn't predict the future when the 8.0.2 patch was released in February. You would think SI would have known that Arsenal were going to go off the boil. For god's sake sort it out SI!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I's a shame, cause it's not realistic, and therefore has completely lost the charm it's had for me for over 10 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game has always been unrealistic in certain respects and it was defiantely as unrealisitic ten years ago with CM 97/98.

I aggree with your point on transfers but seriously to say that it's too unrealistic to play is absolute pants.

Archived