Hulk's form not so incredible...

Playing Leeds on fm10, in my sixth season. Last season I bought Hulk and slotted him as a deep lying forward paired with Jozy Altidore (who's a monster in this game), and he stormed his way to 41 goals as we did the double for the PL and CL. This season there was some dropoff as expected, but he was still doing well with 21 goals 12 assists at the end of January.

Then his form dropped off a cliff. He went from the usual 7.0-7.5 down to the 6.7 range. No worries, I gave him some criticism, rested him for a game or two, but the usual tricks wouldn't work. None of his shots are on target, he's drilling penalties straight at keepers, and his form has dropped to 6.12 as he's had several horrific games against mediocre opposition. I'm at my wits end because I have no clue what's gone wrong.

Tactics wise I should be fine, my backup support striker has fared well since Hulk's slide and I'm still top of the league, but Hulk's problems leave me mystified. He enters games with superb morale, he generally has either a playing ok or motivated tag, and he does manage to score the odd goal so it's not a goalless streak. He's not unsettled or had his head turned, and I've checked his hidden attributes, they seem fine. For now I've sat him down for a long rest and gave him a few reserve matches to try to snap him out of it. Anyone have an idea what I can do? Should I sell him on?

Try him in a different role? Maybe play him out wide or use him as a poacher?

To be honest it sound's like you have a Fernando Torres in your team. Great ability just unable to use it. If it carry on, you'll probably do best by selling him on for the highest price you can get and get some new blood in your team. It could revitalize your team and it's goal scoring potential.

He's showing the classic signs of complete and utter confidence failure. It happens, he'll most likely improve after a while.

I'd suggest using him as a sub in games which you're already winning until he recovers his form.

He's showing the classic signs of complete and utter confidence failure. It happens, he'll most likely improve after a while.

I'd suggest using him as a sub in games which you're already winning until he recovers his form.

Spot on. What had happened is I spent so much money on players that I had neglected to hire a decent assman. I went back to an older save and turned up his man management with Fmrte and sure enough - "playing without confidence". As it turns out, I brought this on myself because going back to the old save reminded me I had fined him two weeks wages for poor performance in a fit of petulance. Thanks!

Archived