Players values drop over the years??

Hi, Im now in 2021 on my game. (still playing my first game since november) Im manchester utd and have over the years bought loads of potential brilliant player as well as current and have a good but ageing team. Im now trying to buy new players to keep my squad strong but the highest valued player is worth 17mil?! Is this right? hes not very good either...! there are not many regens coming through either so im not able to buy any young players to develop into a world class player.

basically im getting annoyed and bored now and dont want to start again! can someone tell me if really good new gens will come through after the likes of messi and rooney retire??

thanks

you have had 10 good years in the game. What else do you want? RESTART

Not helpful.

Tom you've not got the search for player filtered to only show "Realistic potential transfers", or however its named? If not I've not experienced any issues with regens on this game unlike years previous.

ive taken the filter out. I have players in my team worth more than 17mil, but not that many (2 regens worth more the 17 mil) but its fustrating because teams like barca only have players worth 14mil at most. Madrid have Canales (i think hes the 17 mil player) rest of the world squads are quite poor and means that im winning all the time because they can compete! ps i cant maintain a good squad for the future either which is fustrating and im trying to sign english players to help develop England but Englands 2 best players are goalkeepers and are worth about 7 mil and nothing is coming through the youth!

Taking a look at the "rate my regen" thread, and counting my own experiences, I can definitely say that yes players come through the youth systems that even surpass the world class players of today. However, how many players are there in your database?

BTW, the AI team building is really poor. If you want competition you need to make them yourself, by adding a new managers to clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter and Manchester United, and sell off sh** which you replace with quality players. Do this for a few seasons and you may find the game fun again. I had to do this with my Southampton game in FM10, but don't fall for the temptation of selling of your own rejects to them because then it would be cheating not "help".

Doesn't seem right to me, there are 30 players worth more than £17 million on my save in 2022.

I've got plenty as well in 2042, I count 50 (out of about 43000) with a value greater than £17m.

I had a regen with a natural value of £36m once, he was picked up on a free transfer.

I've got plenty as well in 2042, I count 50 (out of about 43000) with a value greater than £17m.

I had a regen with a natural value of £36m once, he was picked up on a free transfer.

Most surprising for me was a player signed by Aston Villa for £3.7 million, despite them continually finishing around 6th he never left and his value went to £35.5 million.

As for AI team building Barcelona are pretty good at it on my save, they signed the best right winger in the world to replace an ageing Messi and have also signed two of the best CM's on the game to continue building a world class squad.

didnt touch the editor and i have around 20 leagues and think i had over 60000 players when i started. (new computer last year so runs fine if you were interested)

the good news is that ill stick it out and see if they start coming through. my thought was to start again as its patch 11.3 so that could have been the reason why the new players werent coming through!!

Archived