So do I merit Legend status?

Do I merit Legend Status  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do I merit Legend Status

• Yes
    • No

Hey all, 15 seasons in my Boston United save where I have taken a BSN team to the Prem. Establishing myself as the 2nd highest paid manager in world football, wanted for several high profile jobs yet after steady mid table/ top half finishes in 3 straight seasons and establishing some great financial figures I am still on Favoured Personal. Now, as years gone by I have known it to be difficult to gain legend status. However, I become a Fav Personal back when I got promoted to L2!

So heres a poll and thoughts would be welcome.

Awards lists aswell

4 Managers of the year and 2 runners up

A league cup final

A FA cup quarter final x2

16th, 11th and 10th in EPL

I'm sorry, but if he left the club now and someone asked the fans "Why isn't such and such considered a club legend?" and they said "Meh, he took us from the BSN to the Premierleague and established us there, but he never won the European Cup..." that would be ridiculous...

Fan and board appreciation is definitely faulty though.

I do think there's a problem with reputation - it seems to rise a little too slowly when compared to meteoric rises in performances.

Despite decimating the Premiership for the last 9 seasons with Newcastle, winning something like 48 cups over 20 years, my players still occasionally feel they need to move up in the world.

I am a Newcastle legend though, alongside my center back who's been with me for the last 15 years.

But isnt a legend someone who achieves above all others? Shouldnt we have to win on the worlds biggest stages to actually be considered a legend?

Maybe in terms of football overall but to a club you can be a legend if you built them to be much bigger than they'd ever been before.

Maybe in terms of football overall but to a club you can be a legend if you built them to be much bigger than they'd ever been before.

I agree...but would you be a FM or real life legend if you took Kidderminster to the Championship?

I'm sorry, but if he left the club now and someone asked the fans "Why isn't such and such considered a club legend?" and they said "Meh, he took us from the BSN to the Premierleague and established us there, but he never won the European Cup..." that would be ridiculous...

Fan and board appreciation is definitely faulty though.

I know, but i'm just saying that this is how the game may see it. I'm sure he would be regarded as a legend in real life, but this is a game.

And my original question remains....how are you the second highest paid manager in the world? That has nothing to do with status, obviously.

I agree...but would you be a FM or real life legend if you took Kidderminster to the Championship?

yeah its an interesting one, certainly if you were in that position hardly anyone who doesn't follow the championship would have heard of you but to the fans of the club i suppose you would end up a legend after you left if the club maintained that status.

I can't really imagine a manager irl being a legend whilst still at the club if he didn't win anything.

I did win 3 of the minor leagues CH L2 and BSP, but they don't really count. I am also continetal rep too. I mean I reckon if I finished in the top 4 maybe FM would give me it. Its fair to say in RL you would easily become a legend. Its weird how Howard Wilkinson I think is the only legend and played 200 odd games and managed them for a year. Seems a bit weird.

I think like others have said that the game counts winning things more than promotions. The truth is if any manager in real life took his team to as many promotions as you have the club fans would regard them as a legend simple.

well I have the following trophy cabinet at Spurs and im still only favoured personnel:

5 EPL titles (in a row)

4 European cups

4 Charity Shields

2 Fa cups

3 Club world championships

Won the super cup every year Ive won the champions league as well.

I think there is a problem with it.

Well, I'm an Icon at Brisbane with:

7 A-league titles

6 Grand Final wins (yet to be played this season)

5 Asian Champions Leagues

5 Club World Championship

...and a record of making Barcelona my bitch!

They set the bar pretty high, considering that Craig Moore is considered a Legend for his whole 2 years at the club...

...though I must admit, I didn't captain the side a mere week after a having a testicle removed.

Original Poster, I'd say you're not supposed to be a legend based upon that. You've not really won much other than climbing the leagues. I won the FA cup in my first EPL season due to some extreme luck in terms of teams drawn against me, I think that was what made me Icon, I don't quite remember. Either way, moved on to consistently winning EPL and had one champions league final, I'd say you'd need to actually start winning things to be a legend, at the moment, you're at most an Icon.

Either way, it might be a bit "slow" to get legend status, perhaps even a bit random, but that makes it all the more gratifying when you get it, and all the more valuable and fun.

Original Poster, I'd say you're not supposed to be a legend based upon that. You've not really won much other than climbing the leagues. I won the FA cup in my first EPL season due to some extreme luck in terms of teams drawn against me, I think that was what made me Icon, I don't quite remember. Either way, moved on to consistently winning EPL and had one champions league final, I'd say you'd need to actually start winning things to be a legend, at the moment, you're at most an Icon.

Going by this logic, managers of lower level clubs should never be legends in their clubs?

I feel the OP should have become legend in his club a long time ago. He definitely would be a legend if it happened in real life

Archived