Season Opening

Maybe just a big coincidence I've never noticed a particular trend to my start of season games.

On a good note should be an easy win at Wembley this weekend.......................poor old City all that money and still sh..........................ockingly bad!

thats impossible in real life, all teams start and end with non rivals. such as with spurs they will play the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Bolton, Man United, while the likes of them teams will play london teams.

thats impossible in real life, all teams start and end with non rivals. such as with spurs they will play the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Bolton, Man United, while the likes of them teams will play london teams.

So would you not say Blackpool v Wigan from the opening day of this season shouldnt have stood because of the close proximity of the two teams?

complete nonsense. it is more than possible for a rival game to be the opening or closing game of a season in real life.

So would you not say Blackpool v Wigan from the opening day of this season shouldnt have stood because of the close proximity of the two teams?

when was the last time that any london team played a fellow london team? it doesnt happen, just like a Manchester team playing a Manchester team.

when was the last time that any london team played a fellow london team? it doesnt happen, just like a Manchester team playing a Manchester team.

Arsenal v Fulham a few years ago

Actually final game of this season (which you also said couldnt happen) Fulham v Arsenal

West Ham v Charlton opening game 06

Im sure there are more but cant be bothered looking.

The game seems to generate fixtures entirely at random, and sometimes this results in big rival matches on the opening day of the season. Managing Liverpool, I've had opening day ties against Everton and Man Utd.

But personally I really like this, what a way to open a season with a massive game against your rivals, rather than a trip to Wigan (sorry Wigan fans)?

Happened to me. Malaga vs Real Madrid opener for both seasons so far. I like this at least we dont have any potential massive end of season match against them and we would have cleared them by Day 20.

Archived