+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season Opening

Amateur

Default Season Opening

3 Seasons in a row now, (I'm Man Utd) i've had Man City at home on the first day of the season...

Unrealistic. Is this common with other people's game? Must just be a little bug aswell?

Cheers.

Youth Team

just see it as an easy 3 points to start you off

Amateur

True that. 2-0 both times. 3rd time coming up...

PW

Maybe just a big coincidence I've never noticed a particular trend to my start of season games.
    On a good note should be an easy win at Wembley this weekend.......................poor old City all that money and still sh..........................ockingly bad!

Amateur

thats impossible in real life, all teams start and end with non rivals. such as with spurs they will play the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Bolton, Man United, while the likes of them teams will play london teams.

Amateur

This happens to me as well ive had city as my first game for 7 seasons now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FM_Spurs View Post
    thats impossible in real life, all teams start and end with non rivals. such as with spurs they will play the likes of Man City, Liverpool, Bolton, Man United, while the likes of them teams will play london teams.
    So would you not say Blackpool v Wigan from the opening day of this season shouldnt have stood because of the close proximity of the two teams?

Reserves

complete nonsense. it is more than possible for a rival game to be the opening or closing game of a season in real life.

Part-Timer

Didn't Manure get relegated on the last day of the season against City one year?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    Didn't Manure get relegated on the last day of the season against City one year?
    they did, in the old first division in 1974

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    Watch your language.

Amateur

I'm a dunfermline fan and this season our first game was against Falkirk, our most bitter rivals, and our last game is against falkirk as well.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by StevoRobbo View Post
    So would you not say Blackpool v Wigan from the opening day of this season shouldnt have stood because of the close proximity of the two teams?
    when was the last time that any london team played a fellow london team? it doesnt happen, just like a Manchester team playing a Manchester team.

Banned

when was the last time that any london team played a fellow london team? it doesnt happen, just like a Manchester team playing a Manchester team.
    Arsenal v Fulham a few years ago

Actually final game of this season (which you also said couldnt happen) Fulham v Arsenal

West Ham v Charlton opening game 06

Im sure there are more but cant be bothered looking.
    Last edited by StevoRobbo; 13-04-2011 at 22:24.

Third Team

The game seems to generate fixtures entirely at random, and sometimes this results in big rival matches on the opening day of the season. Managing Liverpool, I've had opening day ties against Everton and Man Utd.

But personally I really like this, what a way to open a season with a massive game against your rivals, rather than a trip to Wigan (sorry Wigan fans)?

Youth Team

Happened to me. Malaga vs Real Madrid opener for both seasons so far. I like this at least we dont have any potential massive end of season match against them and we would have cleared them by Day 20.

+ Reply to Thread