This sign-up is to be contested by fifteen
players as specified in the next post, who must be prepared to get involved, and they will have the top two leagues of the English league system open to them. Clubs may be bought and sold freely at the estimated value of that club. Clubs may also be bought and sold amongst yourselves for fair prices (agreed between you in PMs). The currency used will be, simply, points
- these can be gained based on how the club does, as well as affected by random board game events. Each club has a value in points, which is simply related to the value, and is updated at the beginning of each season. Points gained by positions in competitions are weighted based on reputation, so that a club with a lower reputation gets more points for the same achievement as one with a higher reputation. This makes things more interesting and rewarding for things like small clubs having good cup runs.
When buying/selling clubs between players you must obey the following rules:
- You may choose to make offers through PMs (more secure and more likely the selling party will notice and respond) or you may choose to discuss and barter in thread.
- If you choose to barter using PMs, both
of you must copy me in to the messages
so as to prevent any dishonesty or discrepancies in the deal.
- No backhands/bribes (clubs must be sold for a minimum of 75% of their value.
- If an offer of 150%-200% is rejected by the selling party, one or both of you must make this known to either myself or the entire thread. There will then be a vote involving all players on whether the sale should be forced or not. Of course, there are vested interests other than whether the offer is fair or not - Who is currently in a better position and therefore most dangerous? Who does the voter want to see come out with a result? Has the voter got some kind of an 'incentive' based on a random board game event?
- If an offer of 200% plus is rejected (again, this must be made public) then a 21-man FIFA board (found here
) will make an executive desicion as to whether the sale should be forced.
I am not intending to reveal all of the possible events now - these shall be unveiled as an when they are earned by the players. Most will be posted in the thread to invoke the jealousy, or, amusement of your peers. However, some (red and green events) will be kept private, and communicated through PM. As can be seen in the image of the game board above,
Possible squares to land on:
- Point based events (blue)
- Club based events (yellow)
- Vested interest events (red)
- Sabotage events (green)
Turn actions are taken after the board game events take place - although you have a choice whether you want to risk the event or not. On average, 70% of the event cards have positive outcomes, meaning that overall it is a risk worth taking. However, some of the negative cards, especially in the most dangerous event types, sabotage and vested interest, could really scupper your chances of winning this board game. You will have a maximum of 2 days to reply to your turn, otherwise it is passed. If this happens three times in a row you'll be evicted from the game.
Every time GO is passed, you earn 10000 points (£10M). Each turn, a 6 sided die is rolled and that many places are moved. You then have an opportunity to do business (all but player-player offers - these are negotiated in your own time and ANNOUNCED when it is your turn). If you land on a coloured square, then your event will be made known, but you will be unable to act on it until the next turn at the earliest. Turns are passed consecutively as in any conventional board game.
During your turn, you may:
- Hire and sack managers at will (at a price of the addition of a year's wages of both managers).
- Pump money into the clubs' bank balances.
- Choose which clubs are affected by random board game events relating to a club.
- Buy and sell AI-owned clubs at will (can buy more than one per turn now; first season is over - but now we are further in to the game, this is unlikely to happen often). (You may not re-buy a club you have previously sold unless at least 1 year (4 turns) has elapsed since that sale)
- Announce purchases/sales of clubs from/to other players.
You may not:
- Ask to do any of the above when it is not your turn.
- Request any extra information (including screenshots) from those you've been given.
- Request specific player transfers, or facility improvements unless earned during the board game.
You may take money out of your clubs balances in order to buy new clubs, or pay off debts. However, this is not advised - if you take money from a club, the fans will dislike you and you will be unable to rebuy that club for three seasons once you have sold them. It also runs the risk of putting that team into administration, whether initially, or in the long run. If this happens, although you will retain control of the club, no points earned via competition wins etc will be awarded to you, until your team is out of administration. You may also take out loans from the CSE Investment Bank. The bank has made a statement regarding this near the top of page 2 of this thread.
Hiring managers is a simple process. To sack your manager, you have to pay a years' wages in compensation. To hire one, it is free so long as he is unemployed. If employed, you again have to pay a years' wages in compensation. Should the person you are attempting to hire be in a non-managerial role, or without a job, he will take up your managerial position without a fuss. However, if he is in a managerial role, the chances of him making the move to your club is governed by relative club reputations, and a slice of luck. You may only attempt to make one managerial appointment per turn, so if you are rejected by your favoured applicant, you will have to wait until after the next quarterly update to try again. You may attempt to appoint the same manager in as many consecutive turns as you wish.
The overall aim, as previously stated, is to be the last man standing. That is, when no other player is left with any clubs. Each and every time a player is left with no remaining clubs (through either forced sales or relegation from the Championship) they are eliminated from the game. Each player will get the opportunity to purchase a club at the beginning of the game, with a draft to select this choosing order. Do not think that you can make offers to force the sale of a club straight away - this must wait until either the third season or until all 44 clubs are owned by players. There will be an update every season quarter in game, after every player has had a turn. That is, there will be four rounds of turns each season.