8.03 fix

yes 8.03 because twice in the space of a season iv had a greyed out player be the star man against me. 1st was an olympiakos lb who scored the winning goal against me who was beter than my lb. and 2nd inter (have seri a league running) wwhos keep who has 20 reflex and handling and who is also greyed be man of the match. i understand the need for greyed players, especially in lower leagues or eevn league i dont run. but to have them in leagues i run is bad enough, let alone them being better than there normal players! i mean if my 2 lbs get injured do i get an as good or better grey?? no! 20 reflex and handling??!! tone it down a bit eh.

yes 8.03 because twice in the space of a season iv had a greyed out player be the star man against me. 1st was an olympiakos lb who scored the winning goal against me who was beter than my lb. and 2nd inter (have seri a league running) wwhos keep who has 20 reflex and handling and who is also greyed be man of the match. i understand the need for greyed players, especially in lower leagues or eevn league i dont run. but to have them in leagues i run is bad enough, let alone them being better than there normal players! i mean if my 2 lbs get injured do i get an as good or better grey?? no! 20 reflex and handling??!! tone it down a bit eh.

If SI did release a 8.03 patch then i feel it would please a lot of FM gamers .

the issues which need fixing IMO are :

1. defoe / diarra transfer issues

2. turkish big tem finances

3. too many goals being scored (especially corners)/too easy to score them.

4. board confidence , this ruins a lot of long term and LLM games

5.grey teams , standard needs to be lowered , therefore not getting beat by them 99 times out of 100 .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">neil220779 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why should they have good (even though somtimes there excelent) greyed? if its good enough for the goose its good enough for the gander. i want to be able to have a good greyed player if my strikers or whatever are injured. either tone them down or let us have good greys. but if we get good greys then like for the ai whats the point buying players. why try to better your team if the opposition don't need to.

I'm in season 2022 and a lot of the main teams in divisions/leagues i have running have half squads. This is most porminent in the Italian and Spanish top flight leagues and this means that grey players have to be introduced to keep the squads numbers up. These grey players are exceptional but im not sure why these clubs only have 12 or so real players and have to have these grey players included. Has anyone else been getting this?. The database I have running is on its largest setting so the database should be at its largest potential. Also the teams in the top flight leagues that i have running are not producing youth players so their respective countries are also struggling to field teamsn and are using the few 16-19 players that are on the database in there squads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If SI did release a 8.03 patch then i feel it would please a lot of FM gamers .

the issues which need fixing IMO are : </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are releasing an 8.0.3 althought they decided to change the name and call it Football Manager 2009! icon_wink.gif

Seriously though they have said that it will be unlikely that there is a 8.0.3 patch unless something really major that stops the game playing altogether happens. As for the defoe thing a sollution to this has already been posted. It involves using the editor.

Wouldn't be an 8.0.3 - they'd most likely release 8.0.2 again with those few added fizes.

However, good teams having good grey players is not a bug. If you want less grey players then play with a larger database and more loaded leagues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dean66683:

i did load the italian league and inter still had greys that is only part of the problem, the other half is the fact he was so good. 20 on reflex and handling!!!! thats better than any real keep on the game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i remmeber it used to be the case with fm07 or earlier that SI made it so that if a top team didn't have enough players then they would get top class greys to keep the standard of that team up.

alot of us complained that if the team felt compelled to sell all their best players then they should suffer the consequences and get relegated due to bad players.

as far as i can see this had been fixed, as when a team now sells their keeper they dont go out and buy 3 strikers, but get a replacement keeper.

one of the patch fixes for 802 was the toning down of ability for grey players as well.

I’d still like to see a third patch as there seems to be still things just not hitting the mark! Respect for the last patch but I’d hate to think someone had put a stop to support.

Why would you want to produce a game and then just fall short in producing a Gem.

Just a pity there was not a Mod team able to work away like in BF2..I play Project Reality mod on it and take the game to a very new high level.

Thinking ahead I’d rather there was no FM09 but a solid period of change and give the whole game a good shake up. Don’t get me wrong love the game but feel the game has got stale in that it’s not progressed much. We are seeing the same format with add-on’s year on year.

We will see the usual Fm09 info about how we will love it with all its new additions but in truth it will probably look the same, play the same and have something added like new training that has been re-worked….

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

I’d still like to see a third patch as there seems to be still things just not hitting the mark! Respect for the last patch but I’d hate to think someone had put a stop to support.

Why would you want to produce a game and then just fall short in producing a Gem.

Just a pity there was not a Mod team able to work away like in BF2..I play Project Reality mod on it and take the game to a very new high level.

Thinking ahead I’d rather there was no FM09 but a solid period of change and give the whole game a good shake up. Don’t get me wrong love the game but feel the game has got stale in that it’s not progressed much. We are seeing the same format with add-on’s year on year.

We will see the usual Fm09 info about how we will love it with all its new additions but in truth it will probably look the same, play the same and have something added like new training that has been re-worked…. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't that what people want though? a re-worked training module.

better match engine, more attention to detail like what money is giong to what team in future fees for players.

i like a new and improved nicer looking thing like the next person but at the same time if SI just concentrated on a ncie looking interface and didn't update the training/match engine then there would be more complaints.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smithers08:

5.grey teams , standard needs to be lowered , therefore not getting beat by them 99 times out of 100 . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This issue was supposed to have been fixed in 8.0.2 but I'm still finding them a lot tougher than "real player" opposition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

We will see the usual Fm09 info about how we will love it with all its new additions but in truth it will probably look the same, play the same and have something added like new training that has been re-worked…. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isn't that what people want though? a re-worked training module.

better match engine, more attention to detail like what money is giong to what team in future fees for players.

i like a new and improved nicer looking thing like the next person but at the same time if SI just concentrated on a ncie looking interface and didn't update the training/match engine then there would be more complaints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I’m not saying its things we don’t want, the training thing was a great addition that if it works, sorry lost my trust in so much of the game some things I think your ticking and that’s about it, it’s the light switch without the wiring behind it, you can click it on but hey I’m still in the dark.

Nah just saying that you can only have so many bolt on’s. Coming from a guy who used to play the game when it was purely text I’m just saying the game needs an injection of creativity – something to move the game on. That picture generator for players – the first thing we done in the clan game was turn it off.

I still think the game chugs or crunches its way forward when it could be done so much better ok the nuts and bolts, the actual programming can improve game on game but should we really be still be seeing processing and find yourself waiting while it works away.

I feel the Fm Games are like that favourite game I played in the 90’s but now look a wee bit smarter and have some nice touches added…not a giant leap! With todays systems in our homes FM09 Should move on.

Originally posted by smithers08:

I have to agree with Smithers08 here........i think alot of people have tried and tested 8.0.2 for themselves now and these problems are there for SI to see. As a loyal fan of the cm/fm series, i've been playing these series of games since day one way back in 1992 (i'm old i know!) so i have nothing but the utmost respect for SI and i'm grateful for the 8.0.2 release but i do think that these problems should be rectified pretty quickly by SI by the release of a 'correction of 8.0.2' if you will. Please don't disappoint your fans SI.

Since a lot of people have DDT issues and so on, why you don't put a command to select players from all nations? It is pretty boring to lose 1 hour before to start the game just to select all the nations from the list.

I think all of us would prefere better regens instead of skilled "grey players" when we play long term careers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smithers08:

5.grey teams , standard needs to be lowered , therefore not getting beat by them 99 times out of 100 . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would love to see that soon, whether beta or final.

Thanks for all developer works

About the "grey teams"...

I noted you loaded Italy. Did you load more than Serie A? Is Italy playable? I wonder if only Seria A is playable if that will remove many/most/all of reserves and youth? I have always included major leagues at least 3 flights down to make sure reserves and youth teams are included and make them playable.

Don't know if this adresses your problem, but I do know it increases the players in the database from those countries and makes their development more realistic.

Sorry for the double post...

Issues 1 & 2 can be fixed in the editor...see the sticky at the top of forum.

Has read the Defoe Diarra fix, but the Gala/Fener fix was new to me. Good news.

Board confidence seems like an imperfect feature to live with for 08.

Corners have always been an issue with CM/FM. At least it isn't as bad as 05 or 06 when you could get a goal a game easy if you had a player with a good long shot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 5.grey teams , standard needs to be lowered , therefore not getting beat by them 99 times out of 100 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, are people STILL having this problem? I hate to use the "T"-word, since so many folk seemed to have this problem pre-patch too, but in 6 seasons I have never once been beaten by a completely greyed-out team. Couple of times with greyed-out individuals but those occasions are very rare indeed. They can be difficult to play against, but I try to view this as me having little prior knowledge of the team and adjust my tactics accordingly (sorry, there's the T-word. 10p in the swear jar).

I'm pretty sure it's just down to FM2008 being a bit harder than FM2007. You need to tweak tactics mid-game rather than just coming up with one and sitting back while you win everything season after season.

And yes, I agree with the corners thing. Needs fixing ASAP. People complained post after post after post about corners being "impossible" to score from, but that simply wasn't true (I was a one-goal-every-two-or-three games team when it came to corners 8.0.1 - a VERY simple setup) and I'm surprised SI have taken those comments on board whilst ignoring the confidence issues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dean66683:

yes 8.03 because twice in the space of a season iv had a greyed out player be the star man against me. 1st was an olympiakos lb who scored the winning goal against me who was beter than my lb. and 2nd inter (have seri a league running) wwhos keep who has 20 reflex and handling and who is also greyed be man of the match. i understand the need for greyed players, especially in lower leagues or eevn league i dont run. but to have them in leagues i run is bad enough, let alone them being better than there normal players! i mean if my 2 lbs get injured do i get an as good or better grey?? no! 20 reflex and handling??!! tone it down a bit eh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could this be to do with the particular database and leagues/ retained players that people have loaded.

Do you have just a small number of leagues loaded? Do you have retained players loaded for these countries? Have you got all the leagues your running on full detail?

I would expect these facts to have a significant bearing on the players available and then how many grey players have to be created.

Basically if there aren't enough 'good' players available on the database then the game will have to create good grey replacements to compensate.

The patch has been out for 4 days and you're saying it would [please a lot of FM Gamers, all of which have obviously played it enough in the last foru days to realise where the problems are.

People keep harping on about these criticisms but here are the answers:

1. Si have provided a fix for this problem and it is upto the player to sort it out, it really isn't that hard.

2. Si will be providing a fix for this.

3. Are uou serious, pre-patch everyone complained about too few goals and now you're actually complaining about oo many. icon_rolleyes.gif

4. Si have stated that they have not experienced any problems with board confidence and so it won't be fixed.

5. Only some people have experienced this and the concept that Olympiakos and Inter have good good greyed out players seems perfectly reasonable.

Si have also stated that they're testers play close to 500 games with each fix to try and determine the bugs, no-one here has done that.

i play prem and championship full and serie a and la liga background and medium database. surley that is enough that inter milan (one of europes big clubs) don't need greys. and if they do they should be of reserve or under 18 quality not worldclass-superstar quality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. defoe / diarra transfer issues

2. turkish big tem finances </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both these two issues take less than a minute to fix yourself.

Board confidence isnt as bad as alot of people seem to make out, works pretty well for me. The problem i've noticed is that alot of people take the highest option to get th most money and are then surprised when the board is very demanding....if you dont promise alot then they dont ask as much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rronqe:

The new country Kosovo should be immediately added in next update. It has been declared independent yesterday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It hasn't been agreed that it's independent yet!

They haven't been declared independent yet, although it looks like a certainty that they eventually will.

Hardly a necessity in any future patch though and I would suggest that most people would want their gripes addressed rather than adding a nation that will be unplayable even when added.

Re: Greyed players, dean66683 not everybody has experienced this problem (although I still contest that it isn't a problem and seems reasonable) so if we are to take your comment re: Kosovo to heart it would imply that SI should ignore things that not everyone experiences or wishes for, so should SI ignore greyed players?

Guest gabricosta

Stop with the comments about Kosovo ... what you want to play a country that wont be the member of the UN, and because of that wont be the member of FIFA and UEFA and because of that the club and the "national team" wont play in international competitions ... yes very interesting for playing icon_biggrin.gif

Why isn't the Turkish part of Cyprus in the game icon_biggrin.gif it is independent too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rronqe:

The new country Kosovo should be immediately added in next update. It has been declared independent yesterday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dream on, dream on...

...You just think you are independent...

Trust me, if you had worked really hard for 3 seasons (and a large number of hours) only for the board tell you they are really disappointed you would be really annoyed.

You would not accept it in any other game. Ever.

I'm going to finish every negative post I make by saying keep up the good work SI, you are doing a fantastic job with FM. I mean it.

Just so no one gets the wrong end of the stick and thinks I'm just one of those idiots who complains all of the time.

i play prem and championship full and serie a and la liga background and medium database. surley that is enough that inter milan (one of europes big clubs) don't need greys. and if they do they should be of reserve or under 18 quality not worldclass-superstar quality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not nearly enough detail mate. With only background and medium database its inevitable that some sides will run short of "real" players. The better the rep. of the side the better the grey players will be. Simply run more leagues in full with a large database and problem solved. (Thats how I run so know it works)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You failed to argue against my main point though, and in doing so further backed it up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and what was your point???

yes neil220779 it seem i have overestimated the run league in background option.

Its not going to happen.

That's a lot of extra work for a team already working on something else.

Might get some engine tweaks and/or db fixes but I very much doubt we'll see a board confidence re-write.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

Its not going to happen.

That's a lot of extra work for a team already working on something else.

Might get some engine tweaks and/or db fixes but I very much doubt we'll see a board confidence re-write. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

points 1 , 2 and 3 are vital , as with these the game is unplayable

point 4 is very unlikely to be fixed and IMO should be removed all together

point 5 is fustrating , but i can deal with it

Archived