Croatia

England

France

Germany

Italy

Holland

Norway

Spain

I've been meaning to start this game for a while now after being inspired by this article and after watching a few of there games this season. I will be providing monthly updates with all the fixtures(with screenshots) from each month, any important news that happened during each month and player of the month which is something I've never done before.

Hope everyone enjoys reading :)

Good luck with Dortmund.

I will be following as they are my favourite German team, I'm also playing a game in Germany on FM10 but started lower down with Bergisch Gladbach.

July 2010

This month was a quite month as there were no transfers in or out. However, I did release a lot of the staff that were at the club and brought my own backroom staff. During the month we also played 6 friendly matches winning all 6.

Friendlies

Dortmund6-0 Dortmund II

LASK Linz 1-3 Dortmund

Wilhemshaven 0-4 Dortmund

Turnhout 0-1 Dortmund

STVV 0-1 Dortmund

Dortmund 4-1 Hercules

Next month will be a much busier month with the start of the league season plus the start of the German cup and the Europa League Qualifying rounds.

August 2010

5/08/2010 - Star striker Lucas Barrios has announced that he would like the opportunity to move to a bigger club with Chelsea reporting there interest in the Paraguayan international. However, after a private chat I have convinced him that I want the club to grow and he is needed in order to that so hopefully that issue has now been put to bed.

6/08/2010 - Dortmund have been drawn against Cypriot side Anorthosis Famagusta in the UEFA Europa league Fourth Qualifying Round the first leg will be played at home on Thursday 19th August.

13/08/2010 - DFB-Pokal 1st Rnd

Berliner AK 0-4 Dortmund

MOTM - Robert Lewandowski

A game we was expected to win comfortably and we did. A good start to the season.

19/08/2010 - UEFA Europa League 4th Qual.Rnd 1st Leg

Dortmund 4-0 Anorthosi

MOTM - Felipe Santana

We pretty much wrapped up the tie in the 1st leg as we dominated from start to finish. I will now be able to give some players who I think will be on the fringes of the first team a chance to play and show me what they have got.

22/08/2010 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 4-0 Hamburg SV

MOTM- Lucas Barrios

A brilliant start to the league season with the first goal coming after just 18 seconds and then a great hat trick from the main man Lucas Barrios. This was the best way to kick off the new season and sent a strong message to our rivals straight away.

26/08/2010 - UEFA Europa League 4th Qual.Rnd 2nd Leg

Anorthosi 0-1 Dortmund

MOTM - Felipe Santana

An eventful game which saw us have a goal ruled out, two important players injured(thankfully they were not serious), Miss a penalty and finally a goal with 10 minutes to go which saw us go through easily 5-0 on aggregate.

27/08/2010 - Today the groups for this seasons Europe League have been drawn and due to us being 4th seed we were drawn in quite a difficult group with Atletico Madrid, AZ Alkmaar and Lokomotiv Moscow. However, I am confident that we can progress from the group.

29/08/2010 - Bundesliga

Kaiserslautern 0-4 Dortmund

MOTM - Jakub Blaszczykowski

A superb hat trick and assist from my Polish winger as Kaiserslautern just could not handle is pace. This result also meant that we continued our great start to the season which has seen us score 17 goals and concede 0.

Player of The Month

Jakub Blaszczykowski - With 3 goals and 4 assists in the month of August the award of player of the month goes to my Polish winger. It was very close between him and Felipe Santana who also produced some brilliant performances despite not being apart of my first choice centre-back partnership.

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable.png

I would finally like to say that there were no transfers in or out during the transfer window. The reason for this is that I was only given £170k to spend and I was already happy with the squad. I was also unable to sell some of the players on considered deadwood so I will wait to January where we may do some business.

September 2010

12/09/2010 - Bundesliga

Leverkusen 0-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Lucas Barrios

A brace from the star striker Barrios sealed an excellent away at potential title rivals Bayern Leverkusen could have been more if is wasn't for the Leverkusen keeper Rene Adler.

16/09/2010 - UEFA Europa League Group G

Dortmund 2-1 Lokomotiv Moscow

MOTM - Nuri Sahin

A great first half performance but a nervy second as Lokomotiv Moskow began to pile the pressure and nearly came back from 2-0 to nick a draw thankfully we held out. Sahin ran the show from midfield.

21/09/2010 - Bundesliga

Gladbach 0-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Lukasz Piszczek

Disappointing result in a derby game against side struggling and to be honest we were lucky to come away with a point only our solid back four and the linesman ruling out one of their goals prevented us from suffering our first defeat of the season.

25/09/2010 - Bundesliga[/url]

Dormund 5-0 Wolfsburg

MOTM - Kevin Großkreutz

An emphatic victory in a game which I thought was going to be very tight however, the early goal set the tone as we dominated and the Wolfsburg players lost their heads in the second half conceding three penalties. The only downside to the win was that two key players in Subotic and Kagawa got injured. Kagawa will be out of action for 4-5 weeks and Subotic for 2 weeks.

30/09/2010 - UEFA Europa League Group G

Atletico Madrid 3-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Sergio Aguero

Was always going to be tough playing away against the holders however, I expected a much better performance than we produced and now we have been beaten for the first time this season in the last game of the month.

Player of The Month - Nevan Subotic

One half of my great defensive duo along with Matt Hummels Subotic produced some outstanding performances during september and is one of the main reasons why we still have not conceded in the league.

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable-1.png

October 2010

3/10/2010 - Bundesliga

Werder Breman 2-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Tim Borowski

Our first goals conceded in the league. We had plenty of the ball but didn't do enough with it, they won the midfield battle which I knew was going to be important in this game and two superb goals and us not be clinical in front of goal lead to our first defeat in the league this season.

06/10/2010 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 6-1 Freiburg

MOTM - Felipe Santana

A brilliant performance from my Brazilian centre-back who only played this game due to the injury that Subotic suffered. He now has an incredible 6 goals in 13 games this season in all competitions. With his goal threat from set-pieces and solid defending he may soon become a regular fixture in my back four.

17/10/2010 - Bundesliga

Dormund 0-0 Mainz

MOTM - Soren Gonther (Mainz)

Shot after shot after shot but we just could not find the back of the net against a side who came into the game with only 1 point on the board. A really disappointing result.

21/10/2010 - UEFA Europa League Group G

AZ Alkmaar 3-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Erik Falkenburg

Our second straight 3-0 defeat in the Europa League. AZ came into the game with low confidence sitting just one place of bottom in the Eredivise and I was extremely confident of a positive result but we just didn't turn up. We need to come back strong from this if we are to progress to the knockout stages.

24/10/2010 - Bundesliga

Nurnberg 1-1 Dortmund

MOTM - Sebastian Kehl

We are becoming complacent against struggling teams. The three points should have been ours after taking the lead but it was not to be and again we had lots of the ball but wasted chances.

27/10/2010 - DFB-Pokal 2nd Rnd

Dortmund 3-0 Dusseldorf

MOTM - Kevin Großkreutz

A welcome distraction from the League and Europa League and gave me a chance to give some of my fringe players a game in a game that we was always expected to win comfortably. We will now face Wolfsburg away in the next round.

31/10/2010 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 3-0 St.Pauli

MOTM - Kevin Großkreutz

Back on track in the league we dominated the game and won with ease with in-form striker Lucas Barrios scoring two goals and rising star Mario Gotze with the other.

Player of The Month - Marcel Schmelzer

Up and coming left-back who was consistently good throughout the month even if the results were not. He is already attracting interest from Roma and with his contract set to run out in 2012 he will be offered a new deal soon.

November 2010

4/11/2010 - UEFA Europa League

Dortmund 2-1 AZ Alkmaar

MOTM - Jakub Blaszcykowski

We bounced back from our back to back 3-0 defeats in the Europa League with a good performance. The second half was very nervy as AZ pilled on the pressure but we held out to move second in the group behind an already qualified Atletico Madrid.

7/11/2010 - Bundesliga

Schalke 1-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Kevin Großkreutz

An eventful game against one of our fierce rivals as we went behind, equalised through and amazing strike, took the lead and then finished the game with 10 men as Lewandowski went off injured and we had already made our 3 subs. We also had two players on the field who were carry knocks and nearly dead by the time the game finished.

14/11/2010 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 1-3 Koln

MOTM - Martin Lanig

A horrible result. I thought we would be able to get a good run going after the win against Schalke but quite like a few of our games this season we didn't make our superior possession count and lost our first home game.

20/11/2010 - Bundesliga

Stuttgart 3-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Cacau

Things were looking great after 20 mins as we were 2-0 up looking like we were heading towards a brilliant away against 2nd in the league. However, it ended up in disaster as first Stuttgart pulled it back to 2-2 we then had our key centre back Subotic sent off after 73 minutes which they capitalised on with Cacau scoring the winner in the 85th minute.

27/11/2010 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 3-0 Hoffenheim

MOTM - Lucas Barrios

A good result after two straight defeats we needed to win this to still be in the hunt for the title as it over the last few weeks we have slowly been slipping away.

Player of The Month - Lucas Barrios

Barrios has made a great start to the season and scored 6 goals in 5 games during November. He now has 17 goals in 19 apps in all competitions and I wouldn't be surprised if top clubs make an attempt to sign him I've already had to fend off interest from Chelsea.

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable.png

UEFAEuropaLeagueInformation_Stages.png

December 2010

2/12/2010 - UEFA Europa League

Lokomotiv Moskow 3-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Dmitry Sychev

A devastating result that has left us bottom of the group with just one game to play. In order to go through we would need to beat Atletico Madrid and hope that Lokomotiv Moskow and AZ Alkmaar draw

4/12/2010 - Bundesliga

Bayern Munchen 2-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Shinji Kagawa

This felt like it was going to be a repeat of the Stuttgart game last month where we raced into a two goal league lead and then threw it away. Thankfully Bayern didn't take advantage of their dominance in the last 15 minutes and we held on for a point. Although I would have been happy with a point for the game I was disappointed that we threw another 2 goal lead away hopefully the same mistake is not repeated again.

11/12/2010 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 1-1 Frankfurt

MOTM - Alexander Meier

We paid for a poor start to the game by going behind after just 14 minutes. We soon improved equalising on 31 minutes through an in-from Shinji Kagawa but we was unable to find a second and the game ended a dull 1-1 meaning we drift further away from the title.

16/12/2010 - UEFA Europa League

Dortmund 2-0 Atletico Madrid

MOTM - Mats Hummels

Incredible. Like I said earlier in order to go through to the knockout stages we needed to beat Atletico and hope that Lokomotiv Moskow and AZ Alkmaar drew. We done our job by beating an under strength Atletico side and when I checked the other results I see that AZ and Lokomotiv drew 1-1 with Lokomotiv scoring in the 92nd minute meaning we qualified 2nd in the group despite coming into the game in last position :D

17/12/2010 - UEFA Europa League 1st knockout Rnd draw

Today was the draw for the next Rnd of the Europa League and we will go up against Italian giants Juventus, the side Dortmund defeated in the 1997 Champions League Final. The first leg will be played at home on the 17th of February.

18/12/2010 - UEFA Europa League 2nd knockout Rnd draw

If we are able to beat Juventus we will come up against either Celtic or Porto in the next round of the Europa League.

19/12/2010 - Contracts

32 year old Dede has had his contract which was due to expire in the summer extended and will see him play for the club for another 2 years. His agent said he was "Over the moon" to sign the new deal at the club.

19/12/2010 - Bundesliga

Hannover 1-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Mario Gotze

Looked like we was heading towards dropping more points until Subotic popped up with a 84th minute winner from a free-kick to give us a much needed win.

21/12/2010 - DFB-Pokal 3rd Rnd

Wolfsburg 1-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Banel Nicolita

Our last game before the winter break ended in defeat as we were knocked out of the cup. By end of the game our players were knackered so I think the winter break will come in handy right now giving us a chance to recharge the batteries and go full throttle in the second half of the season to try and secure a Champions League spot for next season.

21/12/2010 - Injury News

As if it was not bad getting knocked out of the cup we received news after the game that our Polish Winger Jakub Blaszczykowski would will be out for 2-3 months with a torn hamstring. I was considering dipping into the market in January to strengthen my squad but this injury almost certainly means I will be buying in the January window.

Player of The Month - Shinji Kagawa

In the month of December Kagawa was in the best form he has been in all season contributing to the side with assists and two goals against Bayern and Frankfurt. Hopefully he continues to provide brilliant performances as he is key player in my side.

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable-1.png

UEFAEuropaLeagueInformation_Stages-2.png

Lastly, if anyone has any feedback on how the thread could be improved or just general comments on the save please feel free to do so.

Form has dropped a bit but well done on getting through in the Europa League.
Good luck with Dortmund, I have a Dortmund shirt I bought for now other reason than liking it so will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Thanks both of you :) I agree Maw our form hasn't been great since the blistering start we made in the first month and a bit, we have been particularly complacent against struggling sides which is frustrating.

January 2011

1/01/2011 - Transfer News

Egyptian Striker Mohamed Zidan has joined Marseille in a deal worth £1.8m. The deal had been agreed some months ago now it has been completed with the window opening.

10/01/2011 - Transfer News

I said last month that it was very likely that we would bring in some players during the January transfer window and the first player to join is German sensation Ilkay Gundogan on loan from Man City until the end of the season. Since moving to City from Nurnberg for £6.25m in the summer Gundogan has found chances to play in the first team hard to come by and with us short of players in attack he has joined for a loan fee of £925k.

10/01/2011 - Contract News

On the same day as the Gundogan signing we received the news that in-demand wing back Marcel Schmelzer has put pen to paper on a new 3 year deal worth £5m. I have already rejected bids form both Inter and A.C Milan so I was happy to see that his head wasn't turned by the chance to play for one of these giants and will stay here.

11/01/2011 - Transfer News

French striker Damien Le Tallec has completed a £2 million move to Sunderland. I felt it was best to sell him as we needed to raise cash for new signings and he has hardly featured for me this season.

15/01/2011 - Bundesliga

Hamburg SV 1-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Lucas Barrios

Not a good game for the keepers on either side but Hamburg's keeper Rost's mistake was more costly as we stole the 3 points in a game which we for the most part were dominated in.

22/01/2011 - Transfer News

We have made our second signing of the window with Norwegian international Ruben Yttergard Jenssen joining us from Tromso for £3.9 million. Ruben is a 22 year old central midfielder who will be very good cover for Sahin he is also able to play in a defensive midfield and attacking midfield role so I'm sure he will be a very handy player to have in the squad.

22/01/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 2-0 Kaiserslautern

MOTM - Lucas Barrios

A comfortable victory as we continue to show good form in the league. Barrios has been amazing so far this season with 22 goals in all competitions 19 of them coming in the league in 19 appearances.

22/01/2011 - Injury News

After the Kaiserslautern game we got the news that left winger Kevin Großkreutz with be out for 7-8 weeks with a broken collarbone this is really disappointing news as Großkreutz has been an integral part of my team this season starting every game it also means that both of my first choice wingers are out for long periods of time after the injury to Jakub Blaszczykowski.

28/01/2011 - Transfer News

19 year old striker Daniel Ginczek has been given the opportunity to get some first team experience by going on loan to German 3rd division side Dresden. He had been in good form for the reserve side scoring 14 goals in 19 games this loan will be very good for him.

30/01/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen

MOTM - Simon Rolfes

It looked like we were heading towards defeat with 11 minutes to go and us 0-1 down until new signings Ilkar Gundogan and Yttergard Jenssen came of the bench to lead us to a 2-1 victory with Jenssen scoring in the 88th minute of the game. The stuff of champions :D

Player of The Month - Lucas Barrios

Another great month from Barrios as he scored three vital goals during the three games we had during the short month of January. We are a little over reliant on him for goals as has been sensational so far this season. He is now getting noticed around Europe and we recieved a bid of £11.25 million from Chelsea which was quickly rejected, in todays market I want an offer of at least £40 million for him before I even consider selling him :D

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable-2.png

January 2011

10/01/2011 - Transfer News

I said last month that it was very likely that we would bring in some players during the January transfer window and the first player to join is Turkish sensation Ilkay Gundogan on loan from Man City until the end of the season. Since moving to City from Nurnberg for £6.25m in the summer Gundogan has found chances to play in the first team hard to come by and with us short of players in attack he has joined for a loan fee of £925k.

Sorry, I just don't want to lose him like we lost Ozil :D

February 2011

6/02/2011 - Bundesliga

Freiburg 0-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Roman Weidenfeller

A win would have seen us go top of the table but we were incredibly poor and by the end of the game I was happy that we got a point and that was only down to some great saves in goal from Weidenfeller who deservedly got man of the match.

13/02/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 2-0 Gladbach

MOTM - Mats Hummels

A comfortable victory but it took us 1 hour to break the deadlock with Hummels scoring from a corner and then new on-loan signing Gundogan adding another on 76 minutes.

13/02/2011 - Injury News

More injuries to important players this time it is Mario Gotze who joins the injury list. He suffered a torn groin muscle during the Gladbach game and will now be out of action for 7-8 weeks.

16/02/2011 - Staff News

51 year old Massimo Bonini as joined the club as a coach. His main role will be as a defensive coach.

17/02/2011 - Staff News

78 year old Croatian Otto Baric has been appointed a tactics coach at the club.

17/02/2011 - UEFA Europa League 1st Knockout Rnd Leg 1

Dortmund 0-3 Juventus

MOTM - Vincenzo Iaquinta

A devastating result with Juventus scoring 3 away goals which probably means the end of the road for us in this seasons Europa League. A shocking performance from my back four who have been brilliant this season, we were lucky that it wasn't 5 or 6-0.

20/02/2011 - Bundesliga

Wolfsburg 3-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Thomas Kahlenberg

A horrible 3 days as we fell to our second successive 3-0 defeat. The injuries to our attacking players are really costing us now as we don't look like we can create any chances at the moment thankfully, Großkreutz and Blaszczykowski will be back in action very soon.

20/02/2011 - Injury News

Yep that's right more injuries this time it's my left back Marcel Schmelzer who fractured his arm during the Wolfsburg game and will be out for 4 weeks. These days it seems like my players can't go into a tackle without coming out with some broken, fractured or torn. Next game I will make sure to send them out in bubble wrap so there is no more damage done to my squad.

24/02/2011 - UEFA Europa League 1st Knockout Rnd Leg 2

Juventus 2-1 Dortmund (Aggregate 5-1)

With us looking down and out after the first leg I decided to rest some key players who were badly in need of one and give some fringe players a game. A great performance from Weidenfeller in goal stopped us from taking a beating in this leg aswell.

27/02/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 2-0 Werder Breman

MOTM - Lukasz Piszczek

A much needed win against out title rivals and a result that also took us to the top of the table. A wonderful performance from Piszceck who was moved from his usual position of right-back to right attacking mid due to injuries and even ended the game playing on the left-wing as Kagawa came of with a knock.

Player of The Month - Roman Weiderfeller

Stopped us from conceding 4 + goals in some of the games during the month with some great performances. Can't think of any other player who could have been player of month everyone had a pretty rubbish month but it ended well with us moving two points clear at the top of the Bundesliga.

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable-3.png

March 2011

5/03/2011 - Bundesliga

Mainz 3-6 Dortmund

MOTM - Lucas Barrios

A great game which featured a first half hatrick from Barrios. Both sides were determined to attack from the first minute and the game produced the highest number of goals in game his season.

12/03/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 5-0 Nurnberg

MOTM - Ilkay Gundogan

A stroll in the park as we brushed Nurnberg aside in style. A second successive hatrick aswell this time from on loan Gundogan who has been sensational since joining scoring goals as well as assisting others.

19/03/2011 - Bundesliga

St.Pauli 1-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Neven Subotic

On his return from injury Jakub Blaszczykowski gave us an early lead against bottom of the table St.Pauli before Subotic added another on 58 minutes. It was nervy end to the game as St.Pauli pulled one back on 75 minutes and then began to pile on the pressure but we held out to secure our 4th win in a row.

19/03/2011 - Injury News

After our game against St.Pauli I was told by my physio that my Brazilian left back Dede had sustained strained knee ligaments during training and will be out for 6-7 weeks.

31/03/2011 - Injury News

Lukasz Piszczek will be out for for 6-7 weeks as like Dede he has strained his knee ligaments.

Player of The Month - Ilkay Gundogan

A brilliant month for Gundogan as he scored 4 goals in the three games we played including a hatrick against Nurnberg. I would to sign him permanently so if we can agree a reasonable fee with Man City Gundogan should be here next season.

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable-4.png

Well, with just two months left of the season we hold a healthy lead at the top of the table however, next month we have though games at home to Stuttgart and Bayern. Will my largely inexperienced squad crumble under the pressure? or will we go on to secure the clubs first Bundesliga crown in 9 years?

April 2011

3/04/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 0-0 Schalke

MOTM - Kevin Großkreutz

A poor result really. We were much the better side but we were unable to convert our chances against our bitter rivals and the game ended in stalemate.

10/04/2011 - Bundesliga

Koln 3-0 Dortmund

MOTM - Sebastian Freis

Well, what can I say it seems like the ref and the linesman were determined for us to not get anything from this game. We first had a perfectly good goal from Kagawa ruled out after just 6 minutes and then Koln took the lead. At around 30 minutes we had another goal ruled out before Koln took a two goal lead on the stroke of half-time. We need to get back on track quickly this is not the time to be dropping points thankfully our title rivals are not in good form either.

14/04/2011 - Injury News

Is this normal? Mario Gotze has now become the third player in a row to strain his knee ligaments and like Dede and Piszczek he will be out for 6-7 weeks.

16/04/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 4-2 Stuttgart

MOTM - Ilkay Gundogan

Brilliant result. The ref tried his best to make sure Stuttgart got something out of the game as he awarded them two penalties(one missed by Tamas Hajnal who is on loan at Stuttgart from us). Once again I also had a goal ruled out but we were way to strong and comfortably won the game and with that probably ending Stuttgart's title challenge. All we need to do is fight of Bayern now :D

23/04/2011 - Bundesliga

Hoffenheim 1-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Kevin Großkreutz

Hoffenheim came into the game on the back of 3 straight defeats in the league so I was confident of a win but we made it hard for ourselves as after we took an early lead we didn't convert chances to put the game to bed before half-time. This galvanized Hoffenheim who quickly equalized after the break but we managed to find the vital second goal with Barrios striking on 81 minutes to take us closer to the title. Next week is the big one against Bayern, we are currently 3 points ahead of them so a win would pretty much give us the title with two to play afterwards due to our superior goal difference.

30/04/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 2-1 Bayern Munchen

YES!!! although it's not official the title is pretty much ours as we are 6 points ahead of Bayern and Wolfsburg who somehow managed to find themselves in the race despite being in mid-table for most of the season and our goal difference is +15 better than Bayern's and +18 better than Wolfsburg's. Only the brilliance of Weidenfeller in goal stopped Bayern from taking something from the game as we had to deal with wave after wave of attack from a side determined not to let their Bundesloga crown go without a fight.

Player of The Month - Kevin Großkreutz

Came back from a long period on the sidelines and picked up where he left of with some stunning performances on the left wing it was close between him and Gundogan who was also brilliant during April.

BundesligaInformation_LeagueTable-5.png

May 2011

7/05/2011 - Bundesliga

Frankfurt 3-2 Dortmund

MOTM - Mitchell Langerak

We were 1 minute from being officially crowned champions but we just couldn't hold out so the champagne is on ice until next week :D

14/05/2011 - Bundesliga

Dortmund 3-0 Hannover

MOTM - Lucas Barrios

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! we are champions. A great end to the season with Barrios scoring his 26th and 27th league goals of the season(31 in all comps) to win the top goalscorer award.

16/05/2011 - Stadium Expansion

The board have announced plans to install 27,089 seats into the stadium. It will cost £3.5 million and take 5 months to complete.

16/05/2011 - Youth facilities upgrade

On the same day as the stadium expansion announcement we also go the news that will be getting an upgrade on our youth facilities costing us £4.1 million.

BundesligaInformation_Stages.png

Well, that's the season done and we are the champions of Germany and will playing Champions League football next season. I will soon be posting a season review and maybe some other things such as awards.

2010/2011 Season Review

Bundesliga League Table

Home record

Away record

Well, what can I say, it was an amazing season. My sole aim was to try and qualify for the Champions League but we were brilliant all season with a squad with an average age of just 22. After our great start we started to drift away and at one point were 10 points of the top we also had key players out for long periods of time around winter and I was wondering if it was going to be our season but credit to the team we fought back superbly.

DFB-Pokal

I was slightly disappointed that we did not go further in the cup but I can't have to much complaints we were knocked out by a good side and were playing away from home.

UEFA Europa League

A decent campaign from us in the Europa League. We qualified from our group in dramatic style as we went into the last game bottom of the group needing AZ and Lokomotiv Moskow to draw and they did with Lokomotiv scoring in the 92nd minute to make it 1-1. We did our job beating Atletico Madrid 2-0 to progress to the next round but it was a step to far for us as we crashed out 5-1 on aggregate to Juventus. With a fully fit squad I feel we could have gone through but it wasn't to be.

Awards won by Dortmund players

Top Goalscoer Award - Lucas Barrios

German Footballer of the Year - Kevin Großkreutz

Players Goalkeeper of the Year - Roman Weidenfeller

Players named in Bundesliga Team of the Year - Kevin Großkreutz, Neven Subotic, Roman Weidenfeller, Lucas Barrios

My Dortmund team of the Season

Archived