Oldest manager ever?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAStewart:

Might not be forced to retire.. but who would hire an 108 year old? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially one who has been sitting on his arse doing nothing for the last 38 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Speaking of which, has anyone tried starting as a 5 year old manager... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possible. They seem to think that it's unrealistic to have a manager thats too young but they seem to have forgot about an upper age limit. Realistically who would hire a manager thats 108 and probably senile?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

i dont like the fact you have to start as a 30 year old on fm, i wanna be a teenage manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many teenage managers are there in real life? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emmenaar:

I usually retire myself when I reach ages around 65. Then add a new manager, aged 30-ish and continue playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've found the fountain of youth! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAStewart:

Might not be forced to retire.. but who would hire an 108 year old? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't Wor Sir Robby bobson being touted for the Irish job? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

If I'm not mistaking, at some point your age will turn negative! Just like finances in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but surely that would be at age 2,147,483,647

I started in FM08 with my real age of 53 and am now in season 2018-19. I have no intnetion of retiring while clubs will still employ me. I started off with Maria de Fonte in the lowest league in Portugal and, at present, I am managing St Etienne.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Speaking of which, has anyone tried starting as a 5 year old manager... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possible. They seem to think that it's unrealistic to have a manager thats too young but they seem to have forgot about an upper age limit. Realistically who would hire a manager thats 108 and probably senile? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not realistic?

Puyi was the last emperor of China. He was three years old at that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puyi

If one can manage a (big) country at that age, then something 'simple' as a football club would be no big deal. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How many teenage managers are there in real life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's just a game man. It should be allowed to be unrealistic. Perhaps some set-backs if one's too old or too young. Such as if a plyer with high reputation has a young manager in charge, "Doesn't believe in such an inexperienced manager." Or if too old, "Believe his manager is past his best."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

i dont like the fact you have to start as a 30 year old on fm, i wanna be a teenage manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to start as 30. I'm 27 and that's the age I start at. There is a lower limit and I'm not sure what it is (lower than 27 though) but it's definitely not 30.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

You don't have to start as 30. I'm 27 and that's the age I start at. There is a lower limit and I'm not sure what it is (lower than 27 though) but it's definitely not 30. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 25 this week and it always has me as 30 so I just dl'd FMM and go in and modify the year of birth, I do it every game as 30 is close enough without being there prematurely.

On the 108 yr old manager, i'm sure my primary school coach looked that old.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

age is just a number, you're only as old are you feel!!

icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If ever there was an incentive to get a younger girlfirend icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

30 is what it defaults to if you put in an age below the minimum, but it isn't the minimum. I think 26 is the minimum you can start without using outside tools.

Age going negative at 2,147,483,647 would assume that a 32-bit number is used to represent age (years) which would be pretty ridiculous.

As for being a ridiculously young manager - who cares? Starting at 26 is perfectly young enough!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

If I'm not mistaking, at some point your age will turn negative! Just like finances in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but surely that would be at age 2,147,483,647 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manager Quote:

"You can teach me anything about tactics matey!! I was around when mammoths were kicking boulders around a glacier....YOUNG MAN!!"

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick.Bateman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

Not possible. They seem to think that it's unrealistic to have a manager thats too young but they seem to have forgot about an upper age limit. Realistically who would hire a manager thats 108 and probably senile? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not realistic?

Puyi was the last emperor of China. He was three years old at that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puyi

If one can manage a (big) country at that age, then something 'simple' as a football club would be no big deal. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing the tactical cribbles on the dressing room board would be interesting though eh...

Assistant Manager describes them...

"So lads, the boss wants you to make sure you keep tight on that green tree there, look out for the big rainbow above, and get into the box early, yes, the one with the windows and the roof on with the curly-wirly smoke coming out the chimney. Keep an eye on that stick man too, he's lethal."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Age going negative at 2,147,483,647 would assume that a 32-bit number is used to represent age (years) which would be pretty ridiculous.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Presumably you suggesting an 8 bit number (makes sense) that means the OP is going to start going negative after 127 years.

Archived