2011 has gone to far?

This post is in no way an attempt to slander SI nor the game.

Now that is out of the way, I have to say that I bought 2011 when it came out, and have bought every SI manager game since the first release on the Amiga back in 1991 or something. I'm SO not having fun with 2011. I have restarted the game numerous times, with different teams and find myself shutting it down soon after.

I've clocked a LOT of hours in every version thus far, but 2011 just can't keep me at it. I think the problem is that the game is trying to many things at the same time. It seems the charm has gone out of it for me. I've reinstalled 2010 and am having a blast with it. So there is something in 2011 that just doesn't do it for me.

The agent, for one thing, is a useless thing. But I really cant put my fingers on what else it is that kills the game for me. I'm really hoping that SI will go a bit backwards and focus on what made their games so excellent, instead of trying to add more and more to them, and thus watering it all down.

i disagree i have found this years fm just as complelling as ever, if not more so with the improvements to the match engine, i like the agents feature it makes negotiating contracts a lot more intresting. i know a lot of people go along with the whole "Si are trying to add too many features to the game they should just stick to the basics" but if they did that then evryone would be saying "omg theres no new features on this years version, what a waste of money". they can't please evryone can they?

The more immersive the better for me. I recently re-installed CM01/02 since I have good memories of playing that when it came out. I was so disappointed at how little was actually happening, it was just play match, press continue, play next match, press continue, etc. Felt like nothing was happening at all, tactics were really basic and I really missed 3D.

The more immersive the better for me. I recently re-installed CM01/02 since I have good memories of playing that when it came out. I was so disappointed at how little was actually happening, it was just play match, press continue, play next match, press continue, etc. Felt like nothing was happening at all, tactics were really basic and I really missed 3D.

No one is complaining about the match engine.

I'm merely saying that I feel SI is putting to many ingredients into the bowl, and thus making a product that has many flavours but excels in very few of them. I still love FM, but I just cant play the game for more than a few matches before shutting it down.

Never had that happen with their games before.

No one is complaining about the match engine.

I'm merely saying that I feel SI is putting to many ingredients into the bowl, and thus making a product that has many flavours but excels in very few of them. I still love FM, but I just cant play the game for more than a few matches before shutting it down.

Never had that happen with their games before.

I meant the game in general. You play a match, then after the match you press continue and the game skips 3 days and you are straight into another match. Nothing happens during the week, and then doing tactics was far too basic, just 3 settings for mentality and most other things.

I like the depth and complexity of the game in it's current state.

i disagree i have found this years fm just as complelling as ever, if not more so with the improvements to the match engine, i like the agents feature it makes negotiating contracts a lot more intresting. i know a lot of people go along with the whole "Si are trying to add too many features to the game they should just stick to the basics" but if they did that then evryone would be saying "omg theres no new features on this years version, what a waste of money". they can't please evryone can they?

i am not speaking for myself, but i think "they" mean that si should get the basics right first before they go too far with all that other cool stuff :cool:

Archived