+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how long does it take to become a club legend?

Part-Timer

Default how long does it take to become a club legend?

Iam at man utd, i have won 2 ECC , 6 EPL and this is my 8th season i was just wondering how long does it normally take to become a legend?

FC Oss Researcher
    Terrassa, Spain - FC Barcelona Member #174408

it will depend on the club, with my club i was a legend after my first CL win. Thats a fair haul though, it shouldnt be far off i wouldnt think

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by aussieant32 View Post
    it will depend on the club, with my club i was a legend after my first CL win. Thats a fair haul though, it shouldnt be far off i wouldnt think
    Ah ok cheers

Youth Team

curently southampton manager 6 years in we are now in champs league after 3 years in the prem. Won the League Cup and not even favoured personel for me yet

Part-Timer

It does vary but I would expect you'd need to play the game a lot more as Man Utd to become a legend. I'm an icon at Man City after the end of the sixth season (though might've been since last year, can't remember). Basically won the maximum amount of trophies though.

Youth Team

Took me 23 seasons, 4 promotions (and a relegation), 4 Champions Leagues, 4 Serie A titles, 2 Coppa Italias, 3 Club World Championships, and a whole load of Supercups at Messina.

Part-Timer

i'am an icon at the moment

Amateur

Well, I won the League, FA cup, League cupx2 so far at Truro and i'm an Icon.

Semi Pro

At Liverpool and I was Club Icon by March 2012. That was only after winning the Premiership once, 2 fa cups, 2 league cups & 1 Europa League. However, can't manage yet to step up from Icon to legend

The amount of success you have to have in order to become an icon is going to vary from club to club simply because they have different expected levels of success and different histories of success. Basically if you look at a club like Man U then you need to win a whole lot of trophies to become a legend simply because with the players and resources you have winning silverware is expected. Additionally, United's list of club legends includes some rather impressive managers so to become a legend yourself you'll have to compile a similar record as those guys.

By contrast, a winning few competitions as a much smaller club is going to have a much greater impact on your status simply because they have much lower expectations and it's unlikely that they've ever had another manager who acheived nearly as much as you have.

Semi Pro

It took 10 titles in a row (in 10 years) along with tons of other trophies before Arsenal elevated me to Legend status.

Youth Team

In the Premier League with Darlington and not in the favoured personnel...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by marcftm View Post
    In the Premier League with Darlington and not in the favoured personnel...
    Surely you would have your own statue outside the stadium if that happened in real life..But Seriously though that sucks... Winning trophies is the best way i guess but for a small side like Darlington should be enough to to get you recognised with a good feat like that...

+ Reply to Thread