Clairfontaine - French Academy

• SI Staff

I noticed that the French Academy is now in the game, however I am now in my second season and there have been no players at that club. When should I expect players to start coming through to the french academies?

• SI Staff

I noticed that the French Academy is now in the game, however I am now in my second season and there have been no players at that club. When should I expect players to start coming through to the french academies?

• SI Staff

That's what I thought - there are a few regional academies in the game, unfortunately I don't know what they are called otherwise I'd check them for regens too.

• SI Staff

The problem is that in the pre-game database editor that comes with the game they are not set as u-20, u-17 etc. They are amateur, semi-pro or pro.

They also display in game as amateur,semi-pro or pro so there is no way to know what status they are without having to bug a researcher

• SI Staff

He said that he hasn't added any players to the teams yet but they will be in the database update and that's why they are empty but I'm unsure why there is only grey players in the second season, I thought there would have been a few regens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue Lou:

That's what I thought - there are a few regional academies in the game, unfortunately I don't know what they are called otherwise I'd check them for regens too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm interested by this cos its potentially a nice feature but not if it doesn't work. I'll check my game when I get home later.

Anyone else know names of other national academies if they're in the DB?

Wow, I didn't realise Clairefontaine was in the game, it's a shame they don't appear to produce regens - I do like the fact their favourite staff are some of the famous graduates (Henry, Ben Arfa, Faty, Gallas).

On the same topic, I find ASEC (the academy in Cote D'Ivoire that produced the Toure's amongst others) are rich pickings for quality regens. Just picked up three 16 year old's for my German Third division side. Check them out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scath:

Ooooh wow, just found it. No regens though. icon_frown.gif

Would be an amazing thing to have in the game if they started working... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is it? I can't find it............

Thanks,

I'm guessing they're just considered to be normal teams in the game, not Academies. There's like Feyenoord Academy in there somewhere, I think, and various Academies set up in Africa and Asia by big teams. But they probably are just normal teams, possibly without a functioning league, so the chances of them generating any players is rare, if at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blueglobefootball123:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scath:

Ooooh wow, just found it. No regens though. icon_frown.gif

Would be an amazing thing to have in the game if they started working... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is it? I can't find it............

Thanks, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I just typed in clairefontaine.

No real players though. As someone mentioned, a nice touch is that the favoured personnel are all ex players.

• SI Staff

I'll try and summarise..

There are some academies in game that are stand-alone academies such as Clairefontaine and CFFP (both of France).

In the head researcher's editor there are more options than in the pre-game editor than that comes with the game. One of those options is changing the status of a team.

The head researcher can choose something like:

Professional

Semi-Professional

Amateur

U-20 academy

U-17 academy

I'm sure a head researcher will confirm this(PMLF already mentioned it in the fourth post down on this thread)

Those in bold are not options that are available in the pre-game editor.

(This is also why when you try and edit Clairefontaine in Jpee's FMM it freezes because the structure of this team is different.)

I'm very interested as to how these "clubs" work. They sound really neat, although in my game only ASEC exist and only have 2 players there at the moment. if anybody can enlighten us the way to get the regens flowing that would be great. I would think loading the country or retaining all players or using large or huge database should work but maybe there's another way...?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bor:

Hm...just figured it out! Went to Henry's profile page and clicked on his history and couldn't access clairefontaine!

Guess I can only access the 'English Academies'!

Are there any? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not an independant one, though most Prem clubs have their own.

There used to be one, Lilleshall, but it was closed down about 5, 6 years ago. Produced MANY great footballing talents, including Alan Smith, Michael Owen, Paul Parker, Scott Parker, Joe Cole and Wes Brown. It was the place where the players deemed to be the elite in English football went. To give you an idea of how exclusive it is... They REJECTED Stevie Gerrard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There used to be one, Lilleshall, but it was closed down about 5, 6 years ago. Produced MANY great footballing talents, including Alan Smith, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

smith wasn't there long he quit because he was homesick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else find it strange that despite having the "mecca" of french football in clairfontaine - it is actually english club that are benefiting from its most successful products

gallas

anelka

henry

saha

in fact arsenal benefited quite considerably from Anelka icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chasing Lamely:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bor:

Hm...just figured it out! Went to Henry's profile page and clicked on his history and couldn't access clairefontaine!

Guess I can only access the 'English Academies'!

Are there any? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not an independant one, though most Prem clubs have their own.

There used to be one, Lilleshall, but it was closed down about 5, 6 years ago. Produced MANY great footballing talents, including Alan Smith, Michael Owen, Paul Parker, Scott Parker, Joe Cole and Wes Brown. It was the place where the players deemed to be the elite in English football went. To give you an idea of how exclusive it is... They REJECTED Stevie Gerrard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might find this amusing then - John Owens, who was at the time, England Schoolboys manager and heavily involved at Lilleshall, is now head of Liverpool's youth academy.

He was also my maths teacher at school! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived