Your greatest ever FM achievement

Taking Elgin to dominate scottish league and to a couple of european semi finals.

How did you get promoted from Division 1?!

I heard a quote once from a manager, the name escapes me, in the Scottish Division 1 saying that it was the hardest league in Britain to get promoted out of and I laughed and laughed thinking it couldnt possibly be true. Then I had a Dumbarton save on FM09 got to Div. 1 and got stuck there for God knows how many years. Fair to say I have respect for that manager now and everyone in that league.

How did you get promoted from Division 1?!

I heard a quote once from a manager, the name escapes me, in the Scottish Division 1 saying that it was the hardest league in Britain to get promoted out of and I laughed and laughed thinking it couldnt possibly be true. Then I had a Dumbarton save on FM09 got to Div. 1 and got stuck there for God knows how many years. Fair to say I have respect for that manager now and everyone in that league.

Probably because it was fm2008 not 9 and things were easier back then . Not played with them in a while. Maybe will try again this year.

how did aguero and kerlon play for spain or am i missing something here

They were like 17 or 18 at the time the game started, they'd moved to spanish teams, gained the nationality and were able for me to get to spain national team.

My Mighty Saints save!

In this save, I have taken St. Albans City from the Blue Square Bet South to the Premier League.

Highlights include:

- Two FA Cup third round appearances while still a Non-League team.

- Winning the FA Cup in our first season in the Premier League.

- Winning two domestic trebles (PL title, FA Cup and League Cup).

- Winning our first and, to date, only Champions League title.

- Winning four consecutive PL titles.

- Going unbeaten domestically for a whole season (and only losing one game in the whole season against Barcelona in the Champions League final).

- Unearthing Michel Vermeer, the greatest goalscorer that I have ever managed in my FM playing career, and him breaking all kinds of records.

- Building my greatest ever FM team.

:cool:

Didn't see that one coming crouchaldinho :p

Mine was probably getting Dartford to 10th in the Prem and winning the FA Cup. Got bored of it soon after, but will hopefully go back to it. Got some regens from various clubs when I was in League Two and League One, and they have turned into reasonable premiership players. An immensely satisfying feeling.

Well I had perhaps the craziest 2014 World Cup on my France save. In the qualifying round, I had won all three games to bring me up to the second group (Against Italy, Japan, and Ivory Coast.) In the second round, I had to face Croatia which was a rather easy win. I won 2-0, with Gameiro and Payet scoring a goal each for us. On the other side, I saw that Norway had somehow advanced past the group stage and beat USA in the second round, 1-0. Brazil, Germany, and Argentina were all on my side of the tournament. On the other side, the only really challenging team was Spain and Portugal. On the other side of the second round, I had noticed that Belgium happened to beat Portugal 1-0. In the quarterfinal, Brazil had to play Germany, which ended up being a tight match. Germany had won 3-2 in extra time. On the other side, Spain had lost to Norway much to my amazement (really the crazy thing of the World Cup) on penalties. The next day, Belgium had beaten Ghana 2-1. I had to play Argentina. I thought I definitely would lose, as I lost 3-0 to them earlier in the season and Messi was playing at his potential by now, scoring a superb amount of unbelievable goals and assists. I stepped away to grab a drink, and already thirty minutes had passed. I noticed we were leading 2-0, with Ciani scoring two goals. I was absolutely amazed. Ciani, being a defender, had already scored two goals on Argentina? No way, I thought to myself. At the 54th minute, Messi got a goal and I thought this was the end of me. To my surprise, at the 59th minute, Benzema matched Messi with a strike of his own to take the lead 3-1. We didn't allow them to score any other goals, and this was a great upset much like the Spain vs Norway one. In the Semifinal, I noticed I had to play Germany. This time I could feel it was the end of me, as there was no way in hell I was getting lucky again. At the 66th minute, Ferghouli had scored on his first national appearance. I did not believe this! Would it be another upset? At the 85th minute, Bertel had scored the equalizer for Germany, convincing that I would absolutely not win this. In extra time, Germany had so many oppurtunities that made me feel like it was the end of me, but we had prevailed. We went to the penalty kicks. Here comes the crazy part of this match. I shot first, Gourcuff scored. Germany shot next, Hofmann scored for them. Next, Ferghouli missed for us. Bertels missed for Germany. Payet made it for us. Konig missed for germany. (Making it 2-1 in penalties.) Nasri missed for us. Meibner had missed for them. In the last penalty kick, it was still 2-1 with us leading. Hugo Lloris had blocked every one of Germany's shots so far after the first one. I was absolutely amazed. In the last penalty kick, Mexes was blocked. I thought for sure Hugo Lloris couldn't block another one. Geiger shot, and got blocked by Lloris! I was amazed by this result, as I thought we were never going to beat Germany. On the other side, I noticed the craziest game for the semifinal, Belguim vs Norway. Since when did they have a football team? Norway had won 3-0, bringing them to the final. Norway weren't even supposed to go past the group stage! In the third place game, Germany beat Belgium 1-0 which was no surprise. In the finals, I had an easy match with us scoring two goals against Norway, winning the finals.

To sum it up (World Cup 2014):

France (me) beats Argentina in quarterfinals 3-1.

Norway beats Spain in the quarterfinals on penalties.

Belgium beat Portugal 1-0.

Germany beat Brazil 3-2 in extra time.

France (me) beats Germany 1-1 by winning on penalties (2-1, the last four for Germany all blocked by Hugo Lloris.)

Norway beats Belgium 3-0.

Norway plays France (me) in final.

I beat Norway 2-0.

Germany beats Belgium 1-0 in the third place game.

It was a crazy World Cup, by far the craziest I have ever seen.

Defeating Barca for the second time in as many years with my all conquering Brisbane Roar side...

Strange match... We scored a scrappy goal in the first 6 minutes... Then my flyer of a full back (19-18 for acceleration and pace) goes for a horror tackle and gets his 3rd red card in 10 games and gives them a penalty. David Villa of course sends it almost vertically upwards...

It gets to the 70th minute before Messi scores the best scrappy goals I've seen on football manager, it was just pinging around the edge of the box, hitting everyone, nobody controlling it and then... well, Messi just kind of hit the best curling shot I've ever seen, I swear it had turned right angles by the end, perfectly in the top corner, faster than a bullet!

They then played poorly until fulltime whereby it came down to penalties.

David Villa steps up and... sends a dribbly poor penalty wide to the left. My guy scores, then comes Iniesta... who scores, my guy then scores. Then comes Messi... Over... My guy then misses. Then comes Dzeko, over... then come my guy, saved and finally Pique... Over...

Hence Brisbane won 2-1. Certainly an interesting match setting up a replay of the 2012 final. Brisbane v Pumas. The last encounter ended 5-4 (aet) with captain Luke DeVere scoring the winner in the 117th minute.

Hmmm... Wasn't expecting that!

Brisbane 6 - 1 Pumas

Completely mauled them! They don't look so tough without Troisi (who scored a hattrick last time we met)!

In the post match press conference I was asked if I was worried when they scored their goal to make it 2-1...

I think my HB (Havnar Bóltfelag) save was epic!

For 15 season or so I was in the Champions League group stage every season and progressed at least 5-6 times to the knockout rounds.. and once I even got to the Quarter final. It should be mentioned that HB is a Faroese team and I had many faroese regulars on my team.. Even the national team was getting quite good in the end :D

But also Winning the EPL with Leeds was great.. took me 12-13-ish seasons, but I loved every second of it! (won the CL same year also for the first time with Leeds)

Fm gives many many good memories..

Leading my beloved Everton to 9 leagues and 5 champions league resulting in a stadium named after me :D I usually dont go lower than league 1 but seeing the acheivements on here is making me consider a league in the conference to try to get them into the champions league. AFC Wimbledon maybe?

In FM 2010 with Partizani Tirana went to the quarter finals of the Europa League, including a historic victory 4-0 against Roma at Olimpico! :D Unfortunately don't have the save anymore. :( Will try to do the same in this FM edition.

this time round you may even improve the leagues reputation then go a bit further :)

Must have been FM07, the year Watford were in the premiership. Got relegated 1st season, but bounced straight back and won the league within 10 season and was a force in Champions league, although I don’t recall winning it.

My current save, started with inter (granted not too difficult) but I won all 6 competitions in my first season, a clean sweep. And won my all of my first 20 league games in a row…..

In FM2005, start unemployed, get a contract from FC Dordrech (NED) and taken them in only 4 seasons from the 2nd division into Dutch Champions (2 seasons) and the last stages of Uefa Cup and CL. In the beginning they had an huge debt, so it was really an achievement, because the chairman was always selling the best players.

In the middle of 4th season i went to Stuttgard and became CL winner in the next season.

Winning the Serie A 14 times in a row with an amazing Inter side that i ket building and rebuilding, featuring players id bought when they were 19 going on th eplay till 35 and this player (Diego Rocchi) Breaking all records for inter, on the same save i also won the champs league 3 times in a row, premiership 4 times with Newcastle, and took South Africa to the final of the 2034 world cup! All in all, i went down as the greatets manager in history in the hall of fame :)

My other best one was FM08 finding a czech 16 yera old striker called Michal Vesely, buying him for 7k and him going on the be worth £20m!

Winning the Serie A 14 times in a row with an amazing Inter side that i ket building and rebuilding, featuring players id bought when they were 19 going on th eplay till 35 and this player (Diego Rocchi) [...]

This 10 consecutive titles record... It's actually become one of my FM nightmares.

I'm never gonna achieve it, I made it two times at R. Madrid (FM07, FM10) to win La Liga for 9 seasons in a row and each time the 10th was a complete disaster :D

All these make mine look awful...

I won the Europa League (Uefa cup back in the day) with my beloved Pompey in the season we entered it, 2008/09, in FM09. Also went on to hold the prem for three years running in that save, also losing in a champions league final against RMadrid.

On FM11, it's now five seasons in with ManUtd, and I havnt failed to win the Premiership.. Also, two champions league titles, and numerous domestic cups. That save is still running, with my starlet Russian forward scoring on average 1.04 goals a game over a three and a half year career thus far.

On FM4 or FM5, I won the 2010 World Cup with Greece (without cheating!!) and beat Cameroon in the final...best thing was, it was fairly 'realistic' in that I only won 1 match in regular time, in the group stage! 2nd round I won AET, quarter and semi were penalties (England (LOL!) and Germany), and final was AET again.

Same safe - Panathinaikos to CL semi-finals!

Got Oxford from the conference league to the championship with in the shortest possible time. Also won the League Cup while still playing in League One!!! (FM08, back when FM was easy.)

Also won the Premier League with West Brom (FM10), got promoted to the Premier League in my first season, but it took me ten seasons before I finally managed to win it. Also played two FA Cup finals but lost them both.

Archived