Trialists

Does the AI ever ask for a player on trial, ie. one of your players?

Just curious, note sure if I have seen it?

they can only ask for a player on trial if they have no club so they cant approach one of yours. But yes, almost every season I see clubs taking players on trial

they can only ask for a player on trial if they have no club so they cant approach one of yours. But yes, almost every season I see clubs taking players on trial

You can ask a player at a club to come for a trial, you have to ask the club for permission like a transfer. Usually the club refuse unless its a small club compared to yours, you would still have to buy the player if you want them after the trial. Never seen the AI do this though

ive noticed transfer listed players usually come on trial. but if your looking at using trialists to make money you could try.......going onto the out of contract list..... getting in about 15-16 players on a 4 week trial (the maximum allowed) dont worry how **** they are. every day have a friendly against one of the biggest clubs to maximise income. use the trialists 5 games every week. and use your real starting 11 on saturday and wednesday games to keep their fitness up. your money will go absolutley wild through ticket sales this is massive especially if your a small club and a good way to see if any of the trialists no matter how bad impress you........ during one of my games i had the america league and the season started in january.....i was woking with a bad sqaud no money , used this method and by the time july came along my bank balance was around £5m , and i was given £200,000 transfer budget which is massive, the money lasted me a whole year aswell with money left over to spend in january and the following july market

ive noticed transfer listed players usually come on trial. but if your looking at using trialists to make money you could try.......going onto the out of contract list..... getting in about 15-16 players on a 4 week trial (the maximum allowed) dont worry how **** they are. every day have a friendly against one of the biggest clubs to maximise income. use the trialists 5 games every week. and use your real starting 11 on saturday and wednesday games to keep their fitness up. your money will go absolutley wild through ticket sales this is massive especially if your a small club and a good way to see if any of the trialists no matter how bad impress you........ during one of my games i had the america league and the season started in january.....i was woking with a bad sqaud no money , used this method and by the time july came along my bank balance was around £5m , and i was given £200,000 transfer budget which is massive, the money lasted me a whole year aswell with money left over to spend in january and the following july market

If your going to do that, why not just edit the budget?..

Firstly, that is cheating.

Secondly, if you're gonna do that then you should look abroad for teams. Play away friendlies against any of the teams from the Cook Islands, they all pay £18k per friendly.

Thirdly, no I don't use this method. I have done in the past but not for a while.

Firstly, that is cheating.

Secondly, if you're gonna do that then you should look abroad for teams. Play away friendlies against any of the teams from the Cook Islands, they all pay £18k per friendly.

I love how you say it is cheating and then give tips on it :D

tbh guys everytime someone makes money its classed as "cheating" so you cant really win

Not really, there's making money by selling players, reducing wages etc. and then there's exploiting the game, which is what you're doing. It's just taking advantage of a highly unrealistic scenario so that's why people class it as cheating.

tbh guys everytime someone makes money its classed as "cheating" so you cant really win

yes you can, you can make money in the normal way, selling players, re negotiating contracts etc.

Making money by getting in a heap of trialists and having a friendly every day, adding a 2nd manager as a big club and buying one of your worst palyers for 50million, haivng your reserves play 6 friendlies a week and so on is cheating in my book.

Can do what you like though, its your game :)

This has only happened for the last two versions or so, but the whole trialists area could still do with a big improvement.

There should be a lot of trialling players contracted to a club: not just bigger clubs taking a player from a smaller club, but also ones ahead of loan deals/transfers and youth players who are to be released at the end of the season (that would involve a change in the way the youth setup's handled though).

It'd be great to also see a lot more trials happening during pre-season, and for agents to offer their players (or players to offer themselves) for a trial (including foreign players doing a 'tour' of clubs trying to find a contact).

when someone found a way to score goals from a corner, (classed as cheating, when someone finds a way to score from free kicks, cheating) everything is classed as cheating on here, you swear success is cheating because its someone else. not everyone is a "football manager expert who can playing the game "without cheatin" so to speak and make money, and be the best. someone people need a bit of help. and if people want to add another manager and spend £50m on your players, maybe cause they wanna have a fun save, it makes me sick that you all come on here saying THATS CHEATING BTW THATS CHEATING. sooooooooooooo what. maybe the person needs that extra bit of help, you judge them straight away

when someone found a way to score goals from a corner, (classed as cheating, when someone finds a way to score from free kicks, cheating) everything is classed as cheating on here, you swear success is cheating because its someone else. not everyone is a "football manager expert who can playing the game "without cheatin" so to speak and make money, and be the best. someone people need a bit of help. and if people want to add another manager and spend £50m on your players, maybe cause they wanna have a fun save, it makes me sick that you all come on here saying THATS CHEATING BTW THATS CHEATING. sooooooooooooo what. maybe the person needs that extra bit of help, you judge them straight away

oh my word..

i clearly said that i feel people are free to do whatever they like in their game, but in my opinion its cheating. I am sorry if you feel i 'judged' you, i assure you it was not intentional, i have obviously offended you, or at least hit a nerve, and for that i apologise to you, there was no intention, i was clearly just stating my opinion, as you were yours.

Making money by getting in a heap of trialists and having a friendly every day, adding a 2nd manager as a big club and buying one of your worst palyers for 50million, haivng your reserves play 6 friendlies a week and so on is cheating in my book.

The bold one IS cheating, the rest is just smart business... ;)

Don't real-life clubs go on profitable tours during the summer with a glorified reserve team AND some "trialists" anyway? Is that cheating too? ;)

The bold one IS cheating, the rest is just smart business... ;)

Don't real-life clubs go on profitable tours during the summer with a glorified reserve team AND some "trialists" anyway? Is that cheating too? ;)

i havent seen many team play 6 friendlies a week have you? I think you missed the 2nd part of it.

Archived