+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Match engine jerky all of a sudden (Core i7-950 & 2 x GTX 460's in SLI)

Amateur

Default Match engine jerky all of a sudden (Core i7-950 & 2 x GTX 460's in SLI)

Hi,

I stopped playing a couple of months ago because I wanted to wait for the Transfer Window Data Update, and having updated the game to 11.3.0 I noticed the match engine was jerky all of a sudden. It used to run perfectly, as you'd expect from a Windows 7-64 bit machine of good speed/spec.

I uninstalled and tried a fresh 11.0.0 game and the engine is still jerky. I've tried minimal detail settings for the game database and match engine, and it makes no difference at all.

Has there been any problem reported with Windows 7 SP1 because that's probably the biggest change since playing before. All my drivers are up to date, etc.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

Third Team

Ive a similar set up to you pal and mines ok since windows 7 SP1

Just out of curiosity have you changed anything in your nvidia setting for your gtx 460 or do you leave things on default setting while playing fm of course ive a gtx 460 you see ?
    Last edited by wally13; 23-03-2011 at 18:45.

Amateur

I'd check on other background processes. I don't have that kind of setup but when i'm running some other virtual machines that are memory and hard drive intensive, the match engine gets jerky. It might not be your graphic setting.

Amateur

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies so far.

I haven't changed anything from the Nvidia settings, and I always do a clean install of the drivers. It's weird, all my other games run fine! There's nothing obvious going on in the background either.....

Any other "usual culprits" to investigate?
    Cheers!

Amateur

Use gamebooster....

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Arutha View Post
    Use gamebooster....
    He dose't need that with his set up

Amateur

I have the same problem as you , also after the 11.3 update , reinstall doesn't work..

Amateur

Also, another observation, don't know if it's related, but from time to time, you can see the players running on the spot and the ball stops, then you get the Windows mouse pointer change to a "loading" circle, and the box around the FM screen says (not responding). It does this for a few seconds and then it seems to play again!

Semi Pro

Core i7-950 & 2 x GTX 460's in SLI is all very well, I'm packing similar spec in one of my machines, but you'll need to look at hard drive fragmentation, disk read times, memory config and other mundane stuff to sort the little bit of lag - it's not enough to simply have 2 decent components and expect miracles.

Semi Pro

Dunno why that's blue??? Random :S

Amateur

Hi Indi75,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've just analysed the hard-drive and it was 0% fragmented, so no defragging necessary. Disk read times and memory config plus other stuff, surely won't have changed without my say-so since I built my system? I don't understand why it used to run perfectly, but now, either through Windows Updates, or Driver Updates, or indeed FM Updates, something is not happy anymore!

Amateur

The 3d match on mine was going through periods of jerkyness/lag and then it would be fine for a few moments then lag again.

The solution in my case was to update the drivers for my graphics card. I had found out a windows update installed new nvidia drivers and these caused the issue. I updated as per the nvidia website and all it good now.

Hope this helps someone.

Amateur

Same happened. There were a few threads about this subject already (in the "proper" section), but seems that SI couldn't do anything about it.

Anyway, that plus some annoying bugs, made me go back to 10.3.0, and I'm actually enjoying the game right now.

+ Reply to Thread