+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [FM11] Saints and Sinners

Youth Team

Just lost Euro Super Cup against Bayern Munich....

Banned

Your progress has been immense! Great loyalty and perserverance Jack. Are you still enjoying the save? I'd imagine the journey to the top is more exciting than trying to remain there... And I say I'd imagine because I'm yet to achieve much in my FM career lol.

Youth Team

yeh it was hard to reject United when they offered me the job. I am enjoying the save more than ever. after spending so much money im trying to now use my own resources at the club to hopefully move forward, Unless i need to spend money if the right player becomes available. I want to try and become the most succesful club domestically and in europe so that should let me prolong it.

Privileged your first post was here too lol

Youth Team

Southampton win back to back Club World Championships

After winning last years competition we went into this one full of confidence as the teams you face aint exactly brilliant are they. However we played Boca Juniors in the final and we showed our gulf as we ran out 6-2 winners with Leo Werdens helping himself to a hat trick.

4 more needed to equal Barcelonas record of 6 wins in the competition

..Also reached 500th game against Wolves recently.

Youth Team

Latest News

My Chairman has decided he now wants to sell club which is a shame as he has certainly backed me all the way.

Banned

Congrats on reaching 500 games mate and great win v Boca. Hopefully I can have as much success as you with Ipswich Town. Currently 3rd in the Championship in season 1.

Youth Team

fingers crossed for you mate. Ipswich just got relegated from Prem but are currently in 2nd place in championship with not many games to go. If you can keep Wickham you should be okay.

Youth Team

Well done on the CWC win. You hoping on a tycoon takeover? Hopefully they don't decide to install their own manager!

Youth Team

a consortium have approached now and want to install my ass manager Franco Baldini as manager if they buy the club

Youth Team

takeover completed...job under threat....

but hey they pumped £108mil into the coffers..

Youth Team

Kept my job and was offered a 1 year extension to my 4 year contract worth £60k p/w...

Youth Team

Southampton F.C 2019/20

As you can see we demolished the league which seems to be getting easier. We scored goals and kept them out aswell with the best goals for and goals against record in the whole division. We lost 2 games all season and drew only 5 so maybe next season il try and go unbeaten. We also reached a huge 100 points aswell winning by a margin of 15 points. Arsenal seemed to struggle this year aswell finishing 10th so missing out on Europe. Newcastle went down with Hull and Blackpool.

Cup competitions

Again we dominated in Europe but fell at the last hurdle as we were knocked out in the Semi Final by League Runners up Man City who would face Manchester United in the final. We defeated Lyon and Bordauex on route to the Semi. We also reached the FA Cup Semi Final also but old boy Lukaku came back to haunt me with 2 goals in a 3-1 win to knock us out. We had an easy route to the semi defeating Coventry, Pompey, Stoke and Norwich on the way. However we played awful in the Semi final. Leagye cup we went out on pens to Chelsea in the 4th round.

Transfers

Not much to write about as we sign Centre back Peter Choyo from Arsenal for £7.25 mil and AML youngster Evan Poiret for £1.3 million saw me spend less than £10million. Also sold a few fringe/reserve players bringing in around £14mill so probably the first season ive made a profit in the transfer window.

Youth Team

Breaking New

Holland approach Southampton manager Jack Ripper who accepts the job. i remove every player over 29 and draft in around 11 players from u21's to bring average age from 28 to 23...more to follow...

Spent big aswell in summer and few shock players out

Youth Team

2019/20 Community shield

Manchester United 2-3 Southampton

With half my squad missing due to internationals i managed to squeeze out a strong first 11 with some youth players on the bench and goals by Martinez, Pastore and an OG saw us win the tightly contested affair as we now win our 4th comm shield in a row.
    Still some way of beating Manchester Uniteds total wins of 16

Youth Team

Southampton crash in 3rd round League Cup

With Ripper resting his whole first 11 it was left to the fringe players in the League Cup once again and with Man city in there way. In a match with so much attacking flair it surely didn't disapoint as 3 goals each took us into extra time. We did have to come from 3-1 down to force extra time and my players started looking tired but a goal from City's Alexis Sanchez knocked us out as as we lost 4-3. It didnt bother me much as less fixtures meant i could concentrate on Europe but less games for my fringe players who will more than likely play in the FA Cup.

After 2 games in charge of the dutch national team my home country England came calling and well it was to hard to refuse, So i now plan my assault on qualifying for the upcoming World Cup.

Youth Team

Glad you kept your job! Another great season to justify keeping you on too

Will be interesting to see how you get on with England

Youth Team

FA Cup Final 2019/20

Stoke City 0-5 Southampton

After knocking out Wigan, Cardiff, Wolves and Birmingham we faced Man city in a close affair in the semi final. A 2-1 win saw us reach Wembley were we would face Stoke. Stoke have been struggling in the league and to make matters worse they sacked there manager around 2 weeks before the final. I fielded a youthful first 11 and we ran over them by scoring 5 unanswered goals. Goals from Demin, Chamberlian, Benitez, Baldini and bolina saw us win the FA Cup for the 2nd time since i arrived at the club.

Youth Team

I have also now entered the European hall of fame in 19th position...

Youth Team

Adding the FA Cup we also managed to win the league but it was trickier than it looked with 3 games to go i only had a 3 point lead but we won our 3 remaining games to bring my 5th Premier League title in a row home to St Marys. We certianly didnt have the best defence record which was a shame but goals it what we do. We scored a whopping 129 goals which could be a league record but not to sure yet.

My squad performed sensational even my fringe players when they stepped in. Pastore showed no sign of age now hes the wrong side of 30 with goals all season and assists to but a specialmention has to go to Werdens who smashed in 46 goals in 47 games. Elsewhere Medina from the wing hit over 20 goals aswell.

Youth Team

SOUTHAMPTON DO THE TREBLE...JUST!!!!

Finger nails are bitten down after this sensational Champions League final. People are calling it the best ever final the European stage has ever seen with both teams going straight for the attack. The game went into extra time after a mammoth first 90 mins saw the game finish 3-3. I thought it was over when Man City scored in the first half of extra time but 2 goals in reply saw us win the Champions League for the 3rd time. Ive never been so nervous watching a game on fm but all i can say is phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Youth Team

just to top it off i finally have a stadium named after me. The first time ever in the game whooooooooooooooooooo so happy right now.. Its a whopping 140k attendance wether we fill it or not god knows.

Part-Timer

Nice one, 140k wow.

Youth Team

140k? Damn you thats bigger than my stadium

Youth Team

i honestly have no idea why its so big it seems a bit unrealistic but i cant complain...even if i fill half of it the money will be good. We currently have a 55k capacity and fill 98 per cent of that

Youth Team

Ambitious chairman by the sounds of it

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Ambitious chairman by the sounds of it
    or a stupid one lol Its gonna be like watching Wales at the millenium stadium 72000 seats 5000 filled

Part-Timer

When did England lose a CL slot? No doubt it'll be back to four after an all English final.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    When did England lose a CL slot? No doubt it'll be back to four after an all English final.
    good point never realised that lol....not to sure tbh

Youth Team

England Confedirations Cup

With this competition not really top priority i decided to pick a lot of youngsters and got rid of the established stars who were approaching 30 or over. I did keep Wayne Rooney cosindering he was captian at the ripe old age of 34. The group stages would always see us finish in top 2 with us fighting for Spain for top spot. With 2 wins out against New Zealand and Cameroon we went into the Spain game full of confidence and a 2-1 win against Spain saw us move into the Semi finals where we would face USA. A few changes were made due to tiredness which is understandable especially at the end of a gruelling season. We would then face Spain in the final. My players back sort of fresh helped as we scored the only goal of the game to win the Confedirations Cup.

Youth Team

Southampton F.C 2021/22

With the news the new stadium would be built in 2 years time i virtually holidayed the league campaign in a rush to get there and well unfortunatly it bit me in the ass as we finished runners up for the first time in 5 years. Even though we scored the most goals again we fell 4 points behind eventual winners Man City. England regained its place in europe aswell after the all english final last season in the Champions League.

Euro Super Cup

We would play fellow English club Tottenham in the Euro Super cup and i decided to play a few youngsters and we won the game with the only goal when Demin scored as we retained the trophy. We also won the World Club Championship after beating Los Angeles after extra time 3-1

Champions League

After winning every group game with ease i felt confident going into the knock out stages but our form then started to seem to dip as every game became a sort of struggle. Maybe it was expected as we know Champions league games are never easy but with the squad we have now we should be dominating Europe. We struggled against Werder Bremen. then against Sevilla in the Quarter final where we then would head to Milan in the Semi final. After winning the home game 2-1 all we had to do was stop them scoring at home or atleast we needed to grab a goal at the San Siro. We were stagnante all game and didnt even muster any chances despite Milan scoring in the 9th minute we failed to get the goal we needed to send us to another final. We went out on Away goals. Disapointed.

Domestic Cups

We won the domestic treble after beating Man city 2-1 in the community shield. We also won the League cup after beating teams like Blackburn, Fulham, Wolves and Man city in the Semi Final. We travelled to Wembley favourites against Wigan who reached the final for the first time since losing 4-0 to Manchester United those years ago. Again Wigan conceded 4 goals as we ran riot and showed our strength indepth as we put out mainly a reserve team. We also managed to return to Wembley again in the FA Cup final where we would face another suprise finalist this time in Wolves. We knocked out Manchester United and Arsenal plus Newcastle on rout to the final. I fielded my strongest first team and again we dominated the final scoring 5 goals with Wolves scoring 2. So we could say we won the treble even if it didnt involve the League or Champs league in that equation.

Summer Signing

With Neymar approaching 30 i decided to move in on his replacement and well with not much quality around for my left wing i splashed £34million on 22 year old Mauro diaz from Spanish club villareal. His overall value was around £17mil but he had a Min fee release clause of £34mil so instead of beating around the bush i met the fee release clause to get the transfer done straight away. I may have paid over the odds a little but i managed to bring my man to the club. I now am happy that i have a brilliant player to take over the left wing role by Neymar.

Next Season

With Pastore approaching 32 im debating wether now to ease him out the team as he doesnt really fit my policy at the club but he still performs amazing for me so maybe we will see. He may have lost some of his pace but that is expected and well he is still showing his class at 32. so who knows.........
    Last edited by jackripper; 20-05-2011 at 14:45.

Youth Team

England World Cup Qualifying Campaign

We were given a relatively easy group to qualify for the World Cup and despite me dropping most of the senior players and bringing in the talented youngsters of the nation we didnt seem phased at all as we virtually won ever game with us drawing one against Austria. so we now travel to the world Cup which is this summer so hopefully i can lift the gloom off the nation and bring us a trophy home.

here are a few key English players.

Youth Team

Latest news

England crash out of World Cup qaurter final after losing 3-2 against Argentina. Argentina went on to win the torunament after a 1-0 win over Italy in the final. But it was England overall performance that led to the shock decision that ripper handed in his resignation. After there opening 0-0 draw with Croatia, England then struggled against Iraq and Paraguay to scrape through the group stages. We then played Uruagauy and a win over them saw us go into the qaurters against Argentina.

Ripper stated he wanted to concentrate solely on club management for the time being.

Youth Team

Southampton F.C 2022/23

End of season update in pics.....

Once again we finished runners up in the Premier League with Man city now winning it two times in a row. Manchester United also put up a fight with us and them finishing 2nd and 3rd by goal difference only. It was pretty the same as last season as we Won the FA Cup final against Man utd but they got there revenge by beating us in the League Cup final. We also got back on track in Europe as we won the Champs league for the 4th time. Most of the season was holidayed.
    Last edited by jackripper; 20-05-2011 at 14:56.

Banned

How long does it take you to complete a season Jack?

Youth Team

It didnt take me long today because i am baby and missus free so i just cracked on with it. I did holiday most league games though so it probably helped the speed( thats how desperate i am to move into new stadium lol). Plus i got a good pc but only english leagues loaded for this save as i know im not going to manage abroad and just stay with Southampton.

Banned

Oh I see. Must be really cool having a new stadium built. Not got that far into the game myself yet. Congrats on the previous season, not winning the Premier League is not such a big deal if you achieve a European and FA Cup double. Good luck next season.

Youth Team

yeh cant wait to move into it to be honest. Yeh winning the champs league softened the blow but two years on the trot we havent won it so i want to win it this season hopefully.

Youth Team

im in 2023 and just had message saying reloaction to new stadium is complete but on board room it shows completion not until 2024 so not sure lol

Youth Team

ok so played my first match at home and it ws in new stadium and i filled 104k seats surely thats abit unrealistic?

Youth Team

Saints win World Club Championship

After defeating Nagoya stolz in the semi final we would meat last years runner up America (mex) in the final. We dominated the game but were sloppy sometimes as we were caught on the break twice to conceded 2 goals. However the win was never in doubt despite the slip ups and goals from Chamberlain, Martinez,Baldini and Choto took us onto our 4th time of winning this. 8 more to catch most winners Barcelona who are currently on 12.

Unbeatable Saints

We have now broken a club record with us now going 48 games undefeated and still rolling on. I didnt even realise we were on such a magnificent run but a new record has been set.

Youth Team

Youth Team

Youth Team

Youth Team

time to use the youth players ive got at the club

Youth Team

Even though the financial backing has been removed i still was offered a whopping £117mil transfer budget and tempting as it maybe to go out and splash the cash i have now decided to use my youth facilities considering there one of if not the best in World football. Well apart from Atletico Madrid it seems who have got some amazing youngsters in there team.

Veterans

With the likes of Javier Pastore, Maximiliano Martinez, Alex Chamberlian and Neymar all the wrong side of 30 i was in the mind set of how im going to replace them. With the excepetion of possibly 35 year old Javier Pastore the rest still have a season or at the very top so i have a little headstart in replacing these club legends. I was tempted to just cash in on them but the sentimental side of me kicked in and well hopefully they retire at the club. Ive tried speaking to Pastore about taking up a coaching job but hes not interested and going to leave football once he retires. A shame because he is a Saints legend. Well they all are in my eyes.

Young blood

My first thought was to go and buy the very best in the business but a deeper look into my reserve and youth squad before splashing the cash. I was quite suprised how some of my youth players have improved. I found 1 who come from my own acadamy in Richard Bradshaw.At only 21 he would be the perfect replacement for when Pastore and Martinez decide to call it a day. He spent the whole of last season on loan and it has done him the world of good. Some areas still need improving but is now on the fringes of the first team squad this season. Recently making his debut in the Euro Super Cup Final.

I also have these youngsters pushing aswell who i signed when they were between the ages of 16 and 18. Micheal Caton who was signed from Man united. A player who has only improved over the last year or so. Was in and around the first team last season with some promising performances. He was involved in 35 games scoring 10 and 9 assits. Which is brilliant considering he didnt start all of those 35 but injuries gave him a chance and he took it. A big squad player this season again.

Youth signed in Transfer window

Drame--16 year old French goalkeeper signed for £1.1mil from Stade Rennais. just back up really
    Dick Hartman--15 year old centre back cost me a whopping £7.5mil. Probabl overpaid but hopefuly long term replacement for Aslan.
    Simon Morgan--the next Ryan Giggs? Who knows looks very promising and will probably spend a season in reserve with view to loan.
    Giancarlo Colucci--young striker signed from Roma for £2.1mil. Joins long list of strikers at the club.
    Nicolas Munsch--16 year old centre back signed to fill my u18s really.
    Fred Karamba--Another french starlet from Lyon cost me £1.7mi. Operates out wide right.

I was also told in this years batch of youngsters that charlie Townsend could become possibly one of the best in his generation so fingers crossed.

Youth Team

Southampton 2024/25 season

Youth Team

Still doing well Will be interesting to see how you fare without all the cash now.

Liking the 'web-page' updates too.

Youth Team

The moneys not really a problem to be honest. I have over £100mill bank balance but i have now decided to scout extensive around the world for players under the age of 18. Hopefully looking to find the next Messi or Ronaldo.

Youth Team

Banned

Answer me this. What makes you so successful in FM11?

Youth Team

i managed to keep chamberlain through the lower leagues and built my squad around him. I went for mostly determined youngsters and players to get me into the prem. Players like Kyle Bartley who is not blessed with the greatest stats but over performed earning himself a few England call ups. I also spent a lot of money to get where i was also. I managed to sign Neymar for free and that was the start of me attracting better players. My team is built on lots of pace and short passing football. Creative very high. Mostly though i do beleive it was the financial backing that got me there.

Once you get to the top it just seems a cycle where you keep adding one or two stars every summer so you get better but the AI doesnt really. Although United just spent over £100mil in one transfer window and are currently top half way through. Im struggling to keep the pace lol

Youth Team

season 2024/25

Just a quick update as im currently in the middle of a huge decision in the save, Anyways we won the League again pipping both Manchester Clubs. FA Cup we did poo knocked out 4th round, League Cup we beat Arsenal in the final. Champions League we failed to reach the Semi Final asAtletico Madrid knock us out. So we won league, League Cup, world Club championship, Euro Super Cup and Comm sheild.

Ive also came to a tough decision which youll see in next update coming shortly....

Youth Team

Rome wasnt built in one day...........

With most of my experienced players now past 30 and the majority of my first team around 30 i was in a dilemma where i wanted to keep my veterans as a sort of thanks for getting the club where it is today. But i also wanted to rip the team up and build another one with the best youngsters my scouts could find. Ive been scouting all season for players who are under 21 and good enough and hungry enough to carry on taking the club forward. We have had a succesful few seasons recently. After long research i decided to be ruthless and not the the sentimental issue affect me when it came to getting rid of players.

Players like
    Javier Pastore,NeymarandBongouro]would stay despite there ages although i placed them in reserves hoping they choose to retire soon. However the likes of Igor Demin, Martinezand Jerome Maclua. Even though Jerome is only 28 he was naking noises about wanting a new challenge so when Barcelona offered £34.5million i snatched there hands off and accepted the deal. A £24million profit made on him so well happy with that. With a bare squad now due to these lot moving down into reserve or moving on to another club i decided to check what young players were good enough to replace such superstars. some of these players have been at the club over 10 years and it was gut wrenching to accept the deals but the club must move on so i managed to bring in players who i thought would be perfect replacements even if there not fully developed i would chuck them straight into the first team squad. The players i signed.

Alessandro Bartoli--18 year old winger signed from Roma for £1.8mil.
    AnteNemic--Cost me a whopping £10million for a Amc who will be in contention for starting line up. Signed from Rivals Man City.
    Benjamin vollmer-- 18 year old wing back signed from Bayern. good prospect to replace Leandro.
    Borja Ayuso--The big summer signing for £17mil. A brilliant prospect only 20 and a key member already. Big things expected.
    Richard Bradshaw--youth product looking to step into the first team. Proud hes come from acadamy.
    Eduardo Fernandez--One of the Fernandez brothers. Not by blood though. spanish midfeilder could become the next Xavi.
    Sergio Fernandez--the other brother as i call them. Spanish striker who could be next David Villa hopefully.
    Harald Meyer--Signed for £7.5mil from Bayern. future replacement for captian Willems when he calls it a day.
    Noah Morice--youngster signed for backup.

most of these have been put into the first team squad and hopefully should become the future of Southampton Football Club. im not expecting miracles and wether we win a trohpy or not this season it wont bother me much as we enter this transitional period. I just hope the board understand my intentions on building the next World class squad. As you can see some of the players ive put into the reserves or sold could easily still walk into any team in the world and some have moved on but the likes of Neymar and Boungounou will stay at the club even though they are probably still world class players. Its the hardest thing i have ever done on FM considering the success they have brought to the club. Hopefully they become coaches at the club but Pastore is having none of it at the moment.

I didnt want to change the whole first team so decided to keep the usual back four as a solid base to build on.

My squad.....young squad..

Youth Team

Decided to continue with this.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    Decided to continue with this.
    Fantastic! I'm looking forward to more updates.

Youth Team

Southampton F.C End of Season 2025/26

League Table
    Position Graph

Champions League

FA Cup

League Cup

Squad

Finances With my chairman withdrawing his financial backing we were now looking to make a profit each season and we did well with most months making a profit adding to the coffers.

Key Players

Leo Werdens coming to the end of his career. Will be impossible to replace.

Toon Willems Captain marvel and another coming to an end of his career. Has been a brilliant servant to the club and has guided us to many trophies.

Micheal Caton
    Last edited by jackripper; 18-02-2012 at 21:29.

Youth Team

edit edit edit

Youth Team

fdgfgfgfdgdgfdgdgfdgfdgfd

Part-Timer

Toon Willems should be at Newcastle.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by letissierandhenryaregreat View Post
    Toon Willems should be at Newcastle.
    lol hes going to die at my club lol

Youth Team

gfhgfhfhgfhgfhfhgfhgfhgf
    Last edited by jackripper; 18-02-2012 at 21:30.

Youth Team

was somethig here
    Last edited by jackripper; 18-02-2012 at 21:34.

Youth Team

And on an even sadder note......................

We say goodbye to a legend

Javier Pastore has officially retired from football. Leaving the game at 36 he was the main reason why Southampton are the club they are today. He became the first world class signing the club saw and tranformed the club into multiple Champions League winners. He was signed for just under £45million in 2016 and became a club legend helping us win many many trophies. A world class player who won virtually every honour there was while at the club. A loyal servant who made it into Southamptons overall best eleven with 325 appearances scoring 131 goals and having an average rating of 7.48. A player every young player at the club should mould them selves on and work towards Pastores acheivements. A Sad day.

Youth Team

gfhhfhhhgfhgfhgfhghgfhgf

Youth Team

jhgjhgjhgjgjhgjg

Youth Team

khjkjkjkjkjhkjhkjhkjh
    Last edited by jackripper; 18-02-2012 at 21:31.

Youth Team

Good luck with England, I always enjoy seeing how well we do in the future. It gives me great hope that it will happen in real life eventually!

Youth Team

hgfhgfhgfhfhgfhhgfhgf

Youth Team

something here but now its gone
    Last edited by jackripper; 18-02-2012 at 21:35.

Part-Timer

Any new updates? this is one of the threads i enjoy reading the most

A cheeky request, which roles do you give you CM's in your 4-2-3-1? Its that department I am always unsure of in that formation.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
    Any new updates? this is one of the threads i enjoy reading the most

A cheeky request, which roles do you give you CM's in your 4-2-3-1? Its that department I am always unsure of in that formation.
    wow thanks and yeah i got an updte to do shortly spent a whopping £121milion this summer lol...il post my midfielders instructions in a mo for you
    Last edited by jackripper; 16-08-2011 at 13:48.

Youth Team

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This player isnt my first choice as Beto who i recently signed will play here but hes injured.

Last edited by jackripper; 16-08-2011 at 14:06.

Youth Team

Part-Timer

Your a true gent, thanks for that

Youth Team

this feels wrong
    Last edited by jackripper; 18-02-2012 at 21:35.

Part-Timer

Betto going to be a beast

One of my small gripes with fm is how you have to spend fortunes to get decent players on long term saves :/

Youth Team

he better be a beast for £61million lol..

Youth Team

so i did u dump

Part-Timer

Gotta admire the fact that you attack in every game, is that a recent thing or is it something you have always done?

Youth Team

always done it right from the start. Ive not changed my tactics at all so my squad is used to the way we play.

Part-Timer

That's pretty impressive, I've never had the balls to do that

Any updates?

Youth Team

currently in march at the mo so will post one when season has finished.

Youth Team

Just noticed Brentford in the BSP have been taken over by a tycoon. gonna follow there situation closely.

Youth Team

and another one
    Last edited by jackripper; 18-02-2012 at 21:32.

Youth Team

pood my pants

Youth Team

something shouldve been here

Youth Team

gutted i lost my save

Youth Team

deleting all this ive typed making me cry.

Part-Timer

great season yet again

Mad amount of goals from Andrade!

Youth Team

Searching through my computer i found an old file of this save and loaded it up to find its in 2025 yet the other file was 2031 so deleted all my updates from 2025 and will bblast this for a bit. Gutted i lost 6 seasons as lots of things happened but il soldier on for now.

im currently in 2025/26 season just started....

Part-Timer

Gutted to see you lost so many seasons but nice to see the thread alive again. Do you have fm12 jack or just prefer fm11? I've gotta say I prefer fm11 myself.

Amateur

I was scrolling through, wondering why there were so many edited random posts here. Now I see you lost your save

Good luck replaying it all

Youth Team

yeh its a bummer replaying it all but gets me the chance to build again. and ive not gotten fm12 didnt really fancy it so kept plugging away at fm11

Part-Timer

Good move imho

Youth Team

Southampton F.C. End of Season Review 2025/26

We went into the campaign on a back of another successful season and i was looking to build on that. We had won the League title the past 2 years and wanted to continue my aim of becoming the all time most successful club not only in England but the World of Football. Everyone at the club knew it was going to be harder than ever to win the title and it proved as it went down to the wire. With 3 teams smashing the 100 goal barrier in one season just goes to show how the top 3 teams really went for it as the stats show. I dont think i can ever remember a season were 3 teams have scored over 100 goals but it shows the strength of the English game at the moment. We were crowned champions with a game to spare but it was much tighter than that all through the season as us and Man City swapped places all through the campaign. We only won 1 game more than our challengers and that was the only difference really. We Lost 2 games all season and still despite my team being the dominant force in England i still havent managed to remain undefeated through a whole season. A clear target of mine. Some other shocks aswell as Newcastle finish rock bottom and get relegated winning only 2 games all season. Also a disapointing season for spurs who finished 12th in the final Premier League table.

We have won the Champions League 5 times in 9 years before this seasons campaign and after Man City won it last season i was determined to win it this season and we were sensational right through the competition. We reached the Champions Leaguefinal drawing only 2 games and winning the rest. Which shows our dominance in Europe and just how good my squad is. We beat teams with ease on route to the final also. We headed into the final against suprise package St Etienne and unlike Norwich in the FA Cup i didnt underestimate them. Especially when they had the Competitions top scorer in there squad. We had a few injuries and had to patch a squad together with two players on the bench who were still light injured. We also were missing Legendary striker Leo Werdens who had smashed the clubs all time Goal scoring record recently. It was a tight affair as expected and the game decided to come into life on the 75th minute when Jiri Klicka opened the scoring for us. St Etienne then equalised on 83 minutes but Jorge Molina then poked home the winner 3 minutes later and we held on to win the Champions League. Despite there not so big name i could see why the likes of Real Madrid were disposed of by the french team. However we won it again to add to the Premier League title.

If were going to be succesful for the next 10 years and not now then my aim is to focus on some of the talented youth we have available at the club. So what better way to give them some much needed game time than the domestic cups as these cups without sounding disrepectful didnt really mean as much to me as winning the title and the european Cup. However that doesnt mean i dont want to win them.It was a chance for some of the young guns and fringe players to prove to me they have a future at the club. The League Cup we did sort of okay. We beat Ipswich and Leicester before heading to a Qarter final showdown with Chelsea. i was tempted to play my big guns against Chelsea but only on the final day did i decide against it and put my faith in my youth. They didnt disapoint me despite losing 1-0 we showed they could match one of Englands big guns and if we could put the ball in the net we would have won comfortably but thats football. The FA Cup i had the same approach and after beating Mansfield, Leicester, Hull and then getting our revenge on Chelsea we headed to a Semi final against Norwich who by there standards were flying in the League as they finished a mighty 8th in the League. I probably went into the Semi Final underestimating just how far they come especially when at the end of the season i found out they had won the Europa League beating Sporting in the final 4-0. We started the match slow and never got into our normal fast attacking game as Norwich killed the game at any attempt. It finished 0-0 after 90 mins and then Norwich scored in extra time and we never recovered as Norwich headed to another final and another trophy as they lifted the FA Cup. One to watch next season maybe?

Transfer wise we spent a whopping £91 million on quite a few players as i continue to build for the future. With most of my players hitting 30 its time for me to start thinking about replacing them. The main area looking for a goalkeeper who could eventually replace the legendary Goalie Francisco. We scouted the globe looking for someone who could step in and fill such shoes and as people know things like this could end up a nightmare most notably when Peter Schmeichel retired from Manchester Uniteds side of 99 and they struggled to replace him for many years. So we made sure we picked the right goalkeeper and as i expected he came at a price. Igor Durica would be that man. Only 22 years old and playing in the not so good dutch League i identifed this was the man who would replace Francisco eventually. Looking at him he sort of reminds me of Schmiechel in the wya he dominates his box and his brilliant coummunication skills. We also have a bit of time to get him used to the demands of English football which will help us. Especially with him being so young. With my two centre backs now approaching 30 i moved quickly to meet the min fee clause of Spanish centre back Robert Who would provide us with cover and hopefully then step in as i look to replace my central pairing at the back shortly. A beast in the air and like a cheetah on the deck he seems to have it all for a centre back and i will have no problems putting him into my starting line up. He cost me £16.5 million from Atletico Madrid. My other summer signing would be another spanish star in 20 year old Borja Ayuso who was signed from Athletic Bilboa for around £17million. He would step into my squad with no problems at all and the boy never even let the big price tag affect him at all. The present and the future of the club is right here.

With me spending £91 million i knew i had to try and balance the books just to keep the Suits happy. We managed to shift Jerome Maclua to Barcelona for £34.5million and then Man city smahed me with a bid for my goalkeeper Eddie Stewart who was an exceptional talent but unfortunatly i had Francisco in goals. He was sold for a whopping £44.5million (i remembered selling him for around £32mil on prev save so pushed for £50mil this time around sorry lol) He couldnt wait to get out the door and to be honest for that money neither could i. This was why we moved for Durica in the winter transfer window. Striker Igor Demin and Paul Tomlinson also left for a combined fee of around £22million. Despite me spending £91 milliin i managed to make a profit of over £30million. Crazy i know. I am hoping to cut my spending down dramatically as i want to hopefully un earth some of my own gems. I have some good youngsters in my youth teams but at the moment loan football is there only option.

Mind you i am desperate to sign Arsenal prodigy John Lyons but so far Arsenal have rejected my latest bid of £45million. I dont really want to spend that much on a player but he could be worth it as this boy is special. and hes English to top it off. Hmmmm decisions decisions!!!

My Squad has the perfect blend of youth and experience at the moment but i have some choices to make like club captian Toon Willems is now 32 and with Pedro pushing for a place hugely i got the decision to make wether its time to slowly replace my club captian with my upcoming star. Right winger Ricardo Medina is also 31 and Leo Werdens is now 30 i would usually replace them but sentiment reasons are forcing me to keep them in the team. Especially because there still performing at the highest level. I do though like to have a young squad and this is where management becomes tough when you have to eventually have to replace your legends with your young guns. We could probably do with a new left winger for cover and possibly another centre midfielder. Maybe John Lyons hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Key Player

I made a slight tactical change for this season and pushed up my attacking midfielder and played with 2 strikers. Someone to compliment my ageing striker Werdens. Jiri Klicka was starting to get itchy feet at the club so i offered him the chance to show me he has what it takes to become a world class striker and he didnt disapoint me scoring 34 goals in 42 games. He was sensational all season and was important in the success we had this season. Despite his startiing appearances he has asked again that he wants a new challenge. Dont want to sell but might force my hand.
    Last edited by jackripper; 26-02-2012 at 07:41.

Youth Team

Code:
    Season   Country  League        Position    Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11  England  League 1      2nd         League Runners up
    2011/12  England  Champshp      16th        N/A       
    2012/13  England  Champshp      5th         Play Off Winners, Manager of the Year
    2013/14  England  Prem League   16th        Avoided Relegation
    2014/15  England  Prem League   8th         N/A
    2015/16  England  Prem League   3rd         League Cup Winners. FA Cup Semi Finalists. Champions league Qualifier. Manager of the Year
    2016/17  England  Prem League   1st         League Champions. Champions League Runners up.
    2017/18  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners.
    2018/19  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners, Euro super Cup Winners, World club Champions, FA Cup runners up.
    2019/20  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners. League Champions, Euro Super Cup Winners, World Club Champions. Takeover completed 
    2020/21  England  Prem League   1st         Community Sheild Winners. League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners.
    2021/22  England  Prem League   2nd         Community Shield Winners. League Runners up, World Club Winners. Euro super Cup winners. League Cup Winners. FA Cup winners.
    2022/23  England  Prem League   2nd         Community Shield Runners up, League Runners up, League Cup runners up, FA Cup Winners. Champs League winners.
    2023/24  England  Prem League   1st         Community shield Winners, League Winners, League Cup winners, Euro Super Cup winners, Champs League winners, World Club winners.
    2024/25  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners, League Winners, League Cup Winners, Euro Super Cup Winners, World club Winners.
    2025/26  England  Prem League   1st         Community Shield Winners, Champions League Winners.

International

2019/20  England     Confederations Cup    Winners 
    2021/22  England     World Cup             Quarter Finalists. Resigned
    2029/30  England     World Cup             Quarter Finalists.
    500 league app club under my management.
    Code:
    Name              Pos           Era            Apps    Goals    Avr
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francisco         Goalkeeper    2016-??        ???      n/a     ?????
    Toon Willems      Defender      2014-??        ???      n/a     ????/

Youth Team

Southampton F.C.--2026/27 FA Cup Review

This year my aim was again to continue what i was doing in the previous years and picking fringe or youth players for these games. Histon who are struggling in the Blue Square Prem pulled out the dream tie when they pulled us out of the famous 3rd round hat. all the talk before the game was about how there could be a possibilty of a huge upset but i told my young players to focus on the game and not to let me down. We ended any hope of that famous upset when Brazilian striker Maranhao who has been in the reserves since i wasted £9million bringing him to the club opened the scoring. He added his 2nd of the game. It was suprising to see him score 2 goals but this is Histon not exactly some one like Everton now is it. Will be sold if possible this summer. Left winger Bartoli added the 3rd before Wonderkid striker Sergio Fernandez completed the rout.

The next round we faced an even trickier tie with us pulling out Spurs away. Spurs seem to be in a slump at the moment, League wise anyway. The past 2 years have seen Spurs finish 11th and 12th respectively and you could say that is a disapointment for such a big club. However they have been to the last 3 Europa cup finals in 6 years winning once. They also lost the League Cup final in 2024 where they had lost to me. They then sacked manager and club legend Ledley King last season and replaced him with Andre Vila Boas. So if anyone can improve them surely its him. Anyways back to the game and we were poor all game and didnt deserve to go through. Our only goal had come from an Own goal aswell which shows how bad we played. Didnt deserve to go through. Good luck spurs..not!!

Last edited by jackripper; 26-02-2012 at 08:00.

Youth Team

Southampton F.C.--2026/27 League Cup Review

My aim with Southampton is to become the most dominant force in World football in which i want to be the most time winning team in every competition i enter. We are closing in on some records and after this seasons triumph we have now won it 5 times. However we are still way behind Liverpools record of 9 wins in the competition. Again we went into the cup with the same outlook as the FA Cup with youth and reserves to. We beat Crawley with ease. A 3-2 win against Aston Villa was followed by a Penalty shootout win against the Scousers. That set up a Semi final with main rivals Man City and for that i picked my strongest squad available. Especially when the previous night we knew the winners of this tie would be facing Wolves in the final. So get past city and we will win it. simple?.

Manchester City, The club with huge spending power are my biggest rivals league wise. They are always challenging for that title and at one stage of the season they were running away with the title. They do however seem to slip come the business end of the season and seem to struggle where as other clubs push on. The mega rich chairman though has now passed the club on in recent months so will they still be splashing the cash? Your dam right they will when they smashed me with a £66million bid for my star centre back Jorge Molina. The man i signed from Barcelona for £13.75million has become one of the worlds best centre backs and formed a colossal partnership at the heart of my defence with Aslan. Im gutted hes going to Man city but the chairman accepted the bid over my head. I was however tinkering on the idea wether to sell him or not anyway to maybe a European Club because i wouldnt of allowed him to leave for a main rival. However £66million for a 30 year old centre back is worth it...I hope!!.

So with there financial backing now tightened at the club will they continue toi build on there success only time will tell. With Leanardo currently at the reins they seem to be looking good at the moment however we were to much of a match for them in the Semis and seemed to want it more than our rivals.

Wolves in the final up next and to be honest i was feeling quite comfortable with us winning the cup again. Wolves havent done anything of much in recent years and seem to be happy as a mid table club. Finishing 9th and 15th in previous seasons. The game will be remembered for a stunning hat trick by Spanish sensation Sergio Fernandez who destroyed Wolves with 3 class finishes to put our name on the cup.

Banned

Great write up, Jack. I absolutely love the aim of trying to win every competition more times than anyone else. Well done on adding another CC to your collection.

Youth Team

Southampton F.C.--2026/27 European Review

European Super Cup

We played suprise package Norwich in the Super cup final and the final was ruined in the 6th minute for Norwich when they were reduced to 10 men straight away. Then the forgone conclusion as we dominated the final with Mauro Diaz helping himself to a double before Aslan completed the 3-0 victory.

World Club Championship

A pointless competion as the teams we face are weak. I played my reserve side for both games and won easily. The only good thing about this competition is the £3mil prize money you recieve for winning it. We beat Seongnam 5-0 before dispatching America(MEX) in the final 3-1. Won it 6 times and are now the Record holders of most wins with 6. So one competition down a few more to go.

Champs league update to follow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast