Reserve team selection

Hi all - have tried searching but can't seem to find the info. Have never been able to figure this out - can you choose which players are selected on matchday for your reserve team without managing the reserve team? There are some players I am interested in seeing how they progress but they aren't getting game time

No you can't. But you can control the team, pick the players you want to see played, and then holiday past matchdays. Alternatively, just move everyone who plays in the same position as your favourite, into your first team squad the day before the match - then he'll be guaranteed to start.

I try to solve this by keeping a small and tight squad in the reserves. Try to have only the starting 11 you want in the reserves. If you have unwanted players that you want to offload, just let them be in the first team instead of reserves.

In this way I also get some of my most talented youngsters from my u18 team on the bench in the reserves.

That being said, the influence over team selection in the reserves could be greatly improved.

Archived