Legends Database 2011 - Wonderkids Edition

Deus84

THE DATABASE IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

THE DATABASE

http://rapidshare.com/files/454985625/Legends_Database_2011_-_Wonderkids_Edition.dbc

THE FACEPACK

http://rapidshare.com/files/454985624/AA.rar

Put the database in the following path:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\editor data

Extract the facepack in the following path

C:\Users\Tiziano\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\graphics\faces*

If there is no such folder, create it

DO NOT CHANGE THE FACEPACK FOLDER NAME (AA). IT has to bein the first one in your "faces" folder in order to load the correct pictures !

Later, I will upload the database and the facepack on megaupload and other websites. Have fun guys!

P.S. I had to set the future retirement (in 2020/2025, don't worry) from the national team to all the players cause the game makes them retire automatically on August 2011, don't know why :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys.

I’m the guy who made the Legends Databases for football manager 2008, 2009 and 2010. Do you remember me ? :D

Unfortunately there won’t be a regular Legends Database this year. It would take me too much time and I’ve been really busy in the last 6 months (and will be for the next ones).

Anyway, I’m making a new, “lighter”, legends database called “Legends Database 2011: Wonderkids edition”. As the name suggests I will create 100 wonderkids in the game, who were famous players from the 90ees (and a few from the 80ees), and put them in the teams where they played when they were just hot prospects.

The Players

- All the players will be 17-19 years old, some of them will be stronger than others, but all of them have to reach their full potential.

- I will ONLY create players from the 90ees or 80ees.

- Their ca/pa and attributes will be as much realistic as possible. Just consider that their ca is somewhere among 120/150, so some players at the beginning of the game will be better than others, some players will be physically better, some other will have high mentality attributes, etc.

- All the created players will have HQ cut-out pictures.

- I’m trying to creating players from all around the world (when possible). I don’t want to focus on one particular country or team.

- Except for the players, the default database will not be edited.

- There won't be modern players, with some rare exceptions.

This is the list of the players. I’ll spoiler it, for those who don’t want to read it. In addition, there will 10 extra players, who will remain secret. Any suggestion/question is welcomed.

1) Roberto Baggio

2) Demetrio Albertini

3) Franco Baresi

4) Paolo Maldini

5) Christian Vieri

6) Giuseppe Bergomi

7) Angelo Peruzzi

8) Marcos Cafu

9) Roberto Carlos

10) Jorginho

11) Romario

12) Denìlson

13) Lothar Matthaeus

14) Pierre Littbarski

15) Jurgen Klinsmann

16) Oliver Kahn

17) Stefan Effenberg

18) Rudi Voller

19) Dennis Bergkamp

20) Edgar Davids

21) Frank de Boer

22) Marc Overmars

23) Ruud Gullit

24) Frank Rijkaard

25) Marco Van Basten

26) Roy Makaay

27) Alan Shearer

28) Matt Le Tissier

29) Pau lnce

30) David Platt

31) Jaap Stam

32) Roy Keane

33) Ole Gunnar Solskjær

34) Thomas Ravelli

35) Henrik Larsson

36) Michel Preud’Homme

37) Enzo Scifo

38) George Weah

39) Abedi Pele

40) Ivan Zamorano

41) Gabriel Batistuta

42) Claudio Paul Caniggia

43) Diego Armando Maradona

44) Davor Suker

45) Luis Nazario da lima Ronaldo

46) Fernando Hierro

47) Andoni Zubizarreta

48) Luis Enrique

49) Hugo Sanchez

50) Emilio Butragueno

51) Matthias Sammer

52) Marcel Desailly

53) Lilian Thuram

54) Laurent Blanc

55) David Ginola

56) Jean-Pierre Papin

57) Eric Cantona

58) Michael Laudrup

59) Brian Laudrup

60) Peter Schmeichel

61) Manuel Rui Costa

62) Luis Figo

63) Vitor baia

64) Jorge Campos

65) René Higuita

66) Carlos Valderrama

67) Faustino Asprilla

68) Hakan Sukur

69) Gheorghe Hagi

70) Gheorghe Popescu

71) Hristo Stoichkov

72) Dejan Savicevic

73) Zvonimir Boban

74) Robert Prosinecki

75) Rivaldo

76) Roberto Ayala

77) Paolo Montero

78) Enzo Francescoli

79) José Luis Chilavert

80) Carlos Dunga

81) Ian Rush

82) Thomas Hassler

83) Taribo West

84) Oliver Bierhoff

85) Pavel Nedved

86) Valery Karpin

87) Andreas Brehme

88) Mario Basler

89) Fernando Redondo

90) Zinedine Zidane

91) Oscar Ruggeri

92) Dimitrios Saravakos

93) Jay Jay Okocha

94) Marcelo Salas

95) Gianfranco Zola

96) Didier Deschamps

97) Ronald Koeman

98) Paul Gascoigne

99) David Seaman

100) John Barnes

PLUS TEN EXTRA PLAYERS

THE DATABASE SHOULD BE AVAILABLE WITHIN TWO WEEKS

Cheers

Deus

P.S. I’m working on the 11.3.0 default database, but the db should with all the patches.

P.P.S. May I ask you a favor ? Please, don't start complaining the players ("where is X ? " and "x"?, etc.). Be constructive :D

Ah, damn you Deus, you'll probably make me start a new game with this release - the only person who would be able to do so! :D

Love your previous work so great to see a you're working on a 'lite' version, which if you combine with the existing 11.3 database it should blend very nicely.

Questions:

I assume anyone already in the game (most as staff now) will be replaced to be a player again? I won't mention names in case anybody doesn't want to see the spoiler, but you'll know who I am referring to. While on this subject, will their previous achievements and history be erased (i.e. they will be created as brand new people)?

Will the players be tied to professional contracts or youth? Presumably if some players are 17yo then it's possible that it will be a youth contract?

Will most of the players be classed as home-grown from the beginning?

Lastly, would you allow for users to add additional players themselves assuming you keep the initial credit? I would personally love to add a younger Beckham, Neville brothers, Thierry Henry, Nistelrooy to boost longevity of a game with all my personal favourites. I wouldn't be uploading this - it would be for my own use only - but I wanted to make sure you didn't mind.

Actually, when replacing existing staff (like a manager who is a former player) i'll completely erase their achieviements, their favoured staff, etc. In their playing history there will only be one or two seasons. All the players will have a pro contract, but some of them, according to the teams where they'll start playing, will be a lot cheaper than others. And yes, most of the players will be classed as home-grown from the beginning of the game :)

Last but not least: of course you can, mate..no need to ask ;)

Will this be compatible with other edited lists? I.e. if I have this and my own one will they play nicely or conflict? On a similar theme will these be created as NEW players or built using existing people in the game (i.e. some teams youth kid?)

Looks awesome though

Tried to PM you but you've exceeded your limit! :p

Was just wondering whether you needed any assistance at all? I have a spreadsheet that I've made with DOB, Place of birth, possible strengths and weaknesses etc for the majority of the players you've listed. You might already have this info, but if not let me know if I can help :)

I assume the 10 extra players will have at least 1 scotsman in them, cause I cant see Gordon Strachan, Gary McAllister or Ally McCoist there

Yeah, of course. There will be one of them, don't worry :) The same for Stoijkovic.

it's a shame SI dont have a tool to convert an FM10 database to FM11. A lot of work went into that and it's a waste of time to have to do that every year. If it was possible to convert databases to the next version of FM then a legends database could grow more detail every year.

Good news guys! All the players have been created :) I have to run a final test and look for the pics (btw, i should have them of all somewhere on my hdd). Maybe the db will be available on tuesday or wednesday.

it's a shame SI dont have a tool to convert an FM10 database to FM11. A lot of work went into that and it's a waste of time to have to do that every year. If it was possible to convert databases to the next version of FM then a legends database could grow more detail every year.

With a Legends db the main problems are UID's changing version to version, and new attributes/and details being added. One way around this however is if SI games kept the same UID for a player when they become coaches/managers in the next version and changed the free UID's every year ie if a newly created comp has a UID of 1394631411 the following year they could make the free UID start from 1395631411

Any changes and failures would be then easier to pick up/change

Excellent! Great news.

I have a fileserve account if you need any mirrored DL links. PM if this helps you at all.

P.S. I'm still running on 11.2.1, I will be updating my game to 11.3 but I can test whether the Legend wonderkids DB works on a previous version first.

Just noticed that Ally McCoist has been changed back to a player but is still 40+ years old.

Not sure if you're going to eventually patch the DB with additional changes / players, else we should all be aware that they need to change his DOB if they want him to be 18/19 :)

Hi Deus84! I’m a huge fan of your work! Unfortunately, you couldn’t get any extra time to work on a full legends database for the FM2011 (which, personally, I was waiting to decide whether I would buy the FM2011. This way i guess i’ll continue playing my career game with your legends database for the FM2010). In any case, congratulations for in such a short time having made this wonderful “Legends Database 2011 - Wonderkids Edition” for the FM2011! Hope you have time to work on a legends database full project for the FM2012! Cheers! :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

haven't tried playing, but looks great, great work and thanks. so anyone tested if tis is compatible with 11.3 database or any other updates like forbes or smth?

Juz started trying everything looks good. I have loaded german lge as well, but i can't find kahn. any ideas why?

• 1 month later...

Archived