Hating 11.3 patch

A few things are really annoying about this patch, and I have stopped playing FM11 now. Will have to seriously consider whether to buy FM12 if this is whats in store next year. Here are my gripes:

• Ridiculous number of injuries
  • Unable to have a sucessful run of wins without changing the formation every game
  • My players can't score a one on one to save their lives.
  • Opposition teams score from nearly every corner, no matter how instructions are set up.
  • Opposition score loads of long range goals, but my team can't get these on target. Again doesn't matter on tactics or instructions.

As this is downloaded on Steam I can't rollback to the previous version, so this has stopped me playing. Tried for three seasons with different teams to sort these things out with tactics, but my patience has run out as I've not been able to sort any of them.

A few things are really annoying about this patch, and I have stopped playing FM11 now. Will have to seriously consider whether to buy FM12 if this is whats in store next year. Here are my gripes:

• Unable to have a sucessful run of wins without changing the formation every game
  • Opposition teams score from nearly every corner, no matter how instructions are set up.
  • Opposition score loads of long range goals, but my team can't get these on target. Again doesn't matter on tactics or instructions.

As this is downloaded on Steam I can't rollback to the previous version, so this has stopped me playing. Tried for three seasons with different teams to sort these things out with tactics, but my patience has run out as I've not been able to sort any of them.

While not fully agreeing I am having trouble in that I can go on a decent run for 10 matches then it goes all crappy for 5 matches, change tactics and on a run again.

i have no issue with these. except for maybe going on a successful run...

i seem to win 3/4 on the trot then get trounced by a team, only to restart the run once again...but this is down to me and my tactics/interaction etc etc not a bug.

I've actually had no issues at all. Sorry to say but your issues might stem more from motivating your players rather than the patch.

I do like the fact that my possession oriented formations are now much more effective than earlier, at least thats what it looks like.

i found this patch easier. i went on to win 1st season with barca undefeated 33 won 5 draws. 2nd season. 36 won 1 draw 1 loss... scoring 110 goals conceding 15. the draw coming in 1st game of season and the loss about 34th game.so i wont likw 33 games in row that season.which is very unrealistic. but weirdly enough i struggled in europe both seasons.

i did have alot of issues with injuries.messi,xavi,iniesta in 1st season out twice with 3 month injuries and similar again in 2nd. but luckily never at the same time. sort of overlapping, i ogets injured recoveres few games later next player injured for 3 months etc.

Since patch 11.3 I find defending really hard with any team below the EPL.

Ive found that playing a DM and 3 CM and using def positioning match prep works well. Also, wide play is seemingly under-powered in this edition of the game.

Ive found that playing a DM and 3 CM and using def positioning match prep works well. Also, wide play is seemingly under-powered in this edition of the game.

bababui, only just started looking int this but i think its where they cross from, im starting to have more success when crossing from deep instead

i am having no such problems.i am managing crewe,if you watch the whole match,then you get to see the oppositions weakness.i always play this way .i am also scoring from one on one.i love the patch.

I found a lot of injuries at the start of the season, but since then it has been relatively normal, so I put this down to not preparing for the season properly. I have had two major injuries this season, but I have to play a couple of seasons and see if this always happens before I can draw any conclusions.

My problem is not putting games away, and conceding late equalizers, but that is my fault.

I still think that there are way too many goals from corners both scored and conceded.

All it takes it's a player with massive jumping to score tons of goals from corners(or concede) i don't know if it's the corner delivery that it's too accurate or something.

I've had an amazing amount of straight reds and a horrific amount of injuries. Never seen anything quite like it on any other version. And no I'm not playing some frenzied high tempo, hard tackling style of football, and no my squad aren't injury prone as I've checked on FMRTE.

I think the days of plug and play all season are truly over after 11.3. If you like that or not is up for debate. Personally I think the micro management has gone a bit ott. Remember, this isn't real football, it's a game thats supposed to be fun. I'm not Alex Ferguson nor do I want to live my life like him. It's a fine line between micro management and fun.

no problems with scoring.

Corners do seem to be a bit of a problem. They've been toned down for humans (which was needed) but seem to have been given a boost for the AI.

I've noticed a few ridiculous long rangers from the AI. Not really looked into it enough to say how often this happens or if it's a problem.

I'm starting to think 11.3 is a bit of a balls up. No doubt some people haven't experienced these issues so they wont agree with me.

I'll never buy FM on steam again as I would really love to roll back to 11.2.

One more thing - Saved games seem to be messed up. If you go on holiday and have auto save on, it will now save over your original save, so you end up with the original save, v02 and v03 all with the same save on it if you go on holiday or try and run tests.

Currently unbeaton and having none of the problems you are experiencing, however a friend of mine had started a new game a couldn't win anything and only his defenders were scoring. I'm sorry to say this but its your mix of players and tactics.

Does the term ' sing when you're winning' ring any bells? I hate this when people come on and blame the updates, it's not a personal attack but let's face it , if you were winning all the time and scoring long range efforts then you wouldn't be on here. the fact is YOU ARE to blame for conceding goals, YOUR tactics change the game, it's taken me 10 years (in real time) to win back to back promotions, not once did i blame the patches or bugs......................ahem

one word: revert to 11.2 and stop complaining!

There is definitely an issue with set pieces created by 11.3 which wasn't an issue before, as well as far too many reds and yellows. I've also noticed the loss of form after start-up bug is back which wasn't an issue since before 11.2.

Can anyone explain how a patch can introduce bugs not seen in the previous patch, sometimes not even the patch before that!

Does the term ' sing when you're winning' ring any bells? I hate this when people come on and blame the updates, it's not a personal attack but let's face it , if you were winning all the time and scoring long range efforts then you wouldn't be on here. the fact is YOU ARE to blame for conceding goals, YOUR tactics change the game, it's taken me 10 years (in real time) to win back to back promotions, not once did i blame the patches or bugs......................ahem

I've had plenty of success on FM11 and no real failures, consistently over-achieving and playing nice looking football.

I also think it's one of the worst versions I've played, full of awful match engine bugs and fundamental balls-ups. I hate scoring from AI defenders running away from the ball just as much as I hate conceding that way.

To be fair do you think SI are under pressure to get the game out? I mean technically the game is riddled with bugs and problems and we see it every year! People complaining about this and that, if this was a game we played on the playstation or Xbox surely you would take it back as faulty? Not fit for purpose and all that? Maybe if we didn't put so much pressue on the development and as consumers except good things take time then maybe we would all have a game we could all enjoy and the only thing we would talk about on these forums is the good times?

English is not my natural language so I'm sorry if there's some mistakes in this post.

In the 1.3, I've seen some more injuries, especially in the Spring, but that´s normal, because it´s when we enter the decisive fase of all competitions and the players are more tired.

There's no magic formula to win every time and if you use the same tactic every game it's logical that sooner or later you get defeated.

Even Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, sometimes are defeated by smaller teams. I don't have problems with this. If I get defeated is normally because the other team was superior, my team made too many mistakes or I made some mistakes. I learn more from the defeats them from the wins.

I've seen many goals from my strikers in one on one situations. But maybe there's too many one on one in the game.

If the oposition have good headers and a good corner kicker I don't see the problem of this. It's real. We have to know how to score more.

My teams have scored many goals from long range shots and conceded some. Again, I don't see the problem of that if the other team have good players.

For me 1.3 is far better them 1.2, even if it's not perfect, it solved some issues that 1.2 had (tactics, transfers). It's your right to disagree with me, but some of the things that you are ****ed of could be solved if you understand the game. Because this is a game. It's not real football.

To understand why you are failling where others suceed I recommend the reading of some post in the tactical part of this forum, there are very interesting stuff in there.

english is not my natural language so i'm sorry if there's some mistakes in this post.

In the 1.3, i've seen some more injuries, especially in the spring, but that´s normal, because it´s when we enter the decisive fase of all competitions and the players are more tired.

There's no magic formula to win every time and if you use the same tactic every game it's logical that sooner or later you get defeated.

Even barcelona, real madrid, man utd, sometimes are defeated by smaller teams. I don't have problems with this. If i get defeated is normally because the other team was superior, my team made too many mistakes or i made some mistakes. I learn more from the defeats them from the wins.

I've seen many goals from my strikers in one on one situations. But maybe there's too many one on one in the game.

If the oposition have good headers and a good corner kicker i don't see the problem of this. It's real. We have to know how to score more.

My teams have scored many goals from long range shots and conceded some. Again, i don't see the problem of that if the other team have good players.

For me 1.3 is far better them 1.2, even if it's not perfect, it solved some issues that 1.2 had (tactics, transfers). It's your right to disagree with me, but some of the things that you are ****ed of could be solved if you understand the game. Because this is a game. It's not real football.

To understand why you are failling where others suceed i recommend the reading of some post in the tactical part of this forum, there are very interesting stuff in there.

whs ^^

Since 11.3 I seem to get al lot of goals against me within the first couple of minutes of a half. I'm often a goal down within a minute in the game, or concede straight after half time.

Furthermore the amount of injuries, and especially arm fractures, seems quite high. I got 3 players (no keepers) out with a fractured arm last season and I cant remember many players breaking their arms in real life.

It also seems my games usually have a ridiculous amount of yellow and red cards, not just my team, but the opposition aswell. Ten yellows between the two in a single match is no exeption. I lead the yellow-card charts with a gap of 12 cards to number 2 in the list, and am shared top of the red-card chart. My tackling is set to default.

And finally I noticed a rise in woodwork-hits lately. Just lost a game 0-1 in which I was by far the better side, but hit the woodwork no less than six times..

I'm not complaining though, I just noticed the increase in the above. Other stuff is made lots better in 11.3.

Only problems i found so far are its very easy. Im Blackburn and 2nd in the league 2nd season with a good but not brilliant team. Also I have lots of goals disallowed for offside, about 3 per match. Other than that its fine.

I go through most games with anywhere from 0 to 2 cards. Sometimes a referee decides it's Christmas, and hands them out to half the players on the field (from either team :D ) but those are quite rare.

Last season I played with 11.3 I had fixture congestion issues, and didn't rotate as well as I probably should have. At the worst point, I had four of my first team out with injuries, one which was two months, the others anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. Quite realistic, if anything a little soft on the player.

The improvements on 11.3 on the other hand? Having the tactics and the transfers system fully working - it was worth waiting for, a pity the game wasn't this complete at release but still. If there ever were any doubts that this was the best FM ever, they must surely be removed now that the final patch is out and we have a true comparison with the previous versions.

Archived