new patch still favours super 433?

hey I haven't been able to play fm recently. on the new patch is 433 still heavily favoured by the match engine? I mean the 433 with three out and out strikers. I found 442 almost completely useless on pre-latest patch. Is 442 now more effective?

what success have people had with outside of a top European team? I mean saying that you scored 3 a game with Chlesea doesnt mean its a world beater, if you got to Europe and were still scoring 3 a game with Swindon then it would be :p

I play a 433 but with 2 wingers instead of 3 strikers, i had no money or wages to get players so had to make a formation fit my squad :p

pre patch I got barnet to the prem with 433s where 442s were always worse than average. still no one noticed if 442 is more effective yet? bah wish I had more time to play fm...

thats a bit unfair if AI v AI gets advantages with 442

I just moved the CM's to DMC and put 5 players on defend, one DMC on support and the rest on attack and it worked a treat with fast strikers.

Judging by the tactics forum 4-4-2 with AMR and AML seem to have worked great on all patches so far with multiple teams. Although the defence seems to be weak on 11.3 but I am playing as Darlington and have crap defenders so it could be that rather than the tactic lol.

There is no formation that would guarantee to work. Its all about what players you have at your disposal. If I used, for eg, 4-DM-3CM-2 then where would I play Bale & Lennon at Tottenham?. Its all about building a team to suit a formation.

Hmm. True. With Chelsea it isnt something to boast about, but thing is i took over at Chelsea in the 5th season. By that time they were 19th in the ECC coefficients. So...you know. But 433 is still a world beater for me. Came 3rd in the league with Sunderland in the 1st season. And ill lay it down mostly to the formation. Defenders just cannot cope with 3 out and out strikers it seems. If u have ur STCR and STCL with decent dribbling, passing and creativity and ur STC is an average finisher, your frontline could be lethal. I could manage several upsets with Sunderland in the initial seasons when i had not developed the squal all that much. One thing that you can be sure about is goals. No matter who the opposition is.

Archived