Play Off final/League win bonus

Just a couple of questions,

1. ive just noticed that the league 1/2 play off finals were played at old trafford, is this really happening this year?? (i suspect due to the champ league final at wembley)

2. does the amount you promise the players as a bonus if they win league/cup really have affect on them?

about number 2:

i've had mixed reactions from giving high and low bonuses... specifically low bonuses...

when i'm managing lower league clubs or clubs in financial trouble i always offer low bonuses to save on cash (yeah tight i know, but even players in the BSP earn enough anway!) and it seems to be a bit of a lottery to whether they like or dislike it...sometimes they'll be unhappy about it for a couple of weeks, sometimes they won't make a wimper!

yes, league 1 and league 2 play off finals are at old trafford this season because of the champions league final

wouldent it be ironic after teh fa semis have 4 northern teams playing at wembley, if clubs like southampton, torquay were to make the finals :)

yes, league 1 and league 2 play off finals are at old trafford this season because of the champions league final

I was'nt aware of this and I am quite suprised. I do suppose that with a capacity of just over 75,000 Old Trafford is a suitable venue.

I was'nt aware of this and I am quite suprised. I do suppose that with a capacity of just over 75,000 Old Trafford is a suitable venue.

Well I've just played a League Two final with an atttendance of 13000, so it didn't exactly need Old Trafford...

Well I've just played a League Two final with an atttendance of 13000, so it didn't exactly need Old Trafford...

Hahah very true, Bloomfield Road, Blackpool would have sufficed!!

I think the factors affecting the attendances for both play-off finals at Old Trafford will depend on the location of the finalists, and of course the size of their travelling support.

I thought Old Trafford was a fantastic alternative for international games when Wembley was unavailable.

wouldent it be ironic after teh fa semis have 4 northern teams playing at wembley, if clubs like southampton, torquay were to make the finals :)

It's fookin ridiculous! As a Southampton fan living in Manchester it is convinient for me should we make the play-off final, but if we do then I don't want convinience... I want WEMBLEY!

It's crazy.

Not half as crazy as the FA Cup semi-finals being played at Wembley, which for me is the 3rd worst decision in football behind fining mangers for rotating their team... (McCarthy, Holloway....) and the sacking of Chris Hughton.

Oh i suppose Man City's purchase of Ballotelli (particularly after Mourinho had strongly advised them against it... "brain of a child") is up there with bad footballing decisions.

I realise I've gone off on a tangent here but there we go ;):D:)

You must live in London or on the south coast to consider Stoke City a northern side.

I live smack bang in the middle of the country and Stoke is about an hour north.

Midlands really, but people seem to be hung up on a North/South divide.

I meet someone from London and I'm Northern, Brummies call me Southern.

• 1 month later...

Yes having low win bonus' can have a negative effect. I have 3 players who didn't like it, and they have all had very poor morale so far this season, and im now 7 games in. This is in the championship with Peterborough. My assistant reports that morale in the squad is 'rock bottom' although besides those players, everyone is on okay - superb; which should be higher given my newly promoted side is top of the league and unbeaten :\ perhaps the low win bonus' have effected everyones morale and they just havn't stated they're unhappy with it

I have noticed a definite tell in players performances in cups depending on whether I've gone for a high or low bonus, normally most obviously linked to the amount of complacency against littler teams.

Low bonus - badly complacent, possibly going out. High bonus - romp to a big win.

Been looking at some other posts about the bonuses and it seems my players are going to have 'very poor' morale for the whole season, which imo is pretty stupid :\ least im going to save some money...

I even gave one of them a new contract, which doubled his wages (i was going to renew anyway) but still had no effect upon morale which usually improves with a new contract.

Archived