Tactics, team selections & save games

FMH 2011 version 2.2 allowed you to share your save game files - now from version 2.3 you can save, load and share your tactics and team selections! Here's a quick guide to sharing your genius (?!) with the community...

• Plug your device into your computer and fire up iTunes
  • Select your device within iTunes, then view the 'Apps' tab
  • Scroll down the screen to the 'File Sharing' area and highlight 'FM 2011'

From here you can share your files with the community by saving them to your computer and then uploading them for others, or you can add files to your device that you have downloaded from others.

There are 4 types of file that you can share:

.tac - Tactics

.tac are tactic files, of which you can store up to 4. They should be named fm_tactic1.tac through to fm_tactic4.tac with the name reflecting the save slot used (1 = top slot, 4 = bottom).

You can save and load tactics within the game from the 'Save Tactic' and 'Load Tactic' options on the links menu of the Tactics screens.

.sel - Team Selections

.sel are team selection files - again you can store up to 4. They should be named fm_selection1.sel through to fm_selection4.sel with the name reflecting the save slot used (1 = top slot, 4 = bottom). These can store tactics within them too (option available when you save the file) although they can only be loaded from the same club they were saved with. And obviously, if the players in the squad have completely changed, the file might not be much use :p

You can save and load team selections by using the 'Save Selection' and 'Load Selection' options within the action menu on your squad screen.

.dat - Save games

.dat are your save games, and there can be up to 5 of them. They should be named fm_save1.dat through to fm_save4.dat with the name reflecting the save slot used (1 = top slot, 4 = bottom). hidden.dat is the current autosave file on the device.

.cfg - Preferences/Unlockables

game.cfg is where all your game preferences and unlockables are stored. Only one of these files can be present on the device. The main reason you might want to update this file is if you're just too impatient to unlock the bonus content yourself, and you decide to use one of the community's unlocked files. We won't hold it against you ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Best tactic for Europe and EPL is the 4-2-3-1 (not the deep version with DMs)

FB - CB - CB - FB

-------------------

-- BWM - BWM --

IF ---- AP ---- IF

--------P----------

Attacking, Mixed, Committed.

Pressing - yes

Counter - NO

Man Behind Ball - NO

poacher must be fast & strong & able to shoot

IF must be able to shoot and pass

AP must be able to pass and creative

BWM must be aggressive and able to tackle

FB must be able to tackle and have good positioning

CB must be able to tackle and have good heading

build a team like that and win. This has worked for me every version since 2010.

• 2 months later...

This tactic is working well on FMH 14 Android

Attacking Short Commited Pressing yes Offside trap Yes rest no

Lb and Rb wing backs

both cbs BPD

middle cm set to advanced playmaker outside 2 cm

strikers set to Advanced forward

This has worked really well for me with any team.

• 11 months later...
This tactic is working well on FMH 14 Android

Attacking Short Commited Pressing yes Offside trap Yes rest no

Lb and Rb wing backs

both cbs BPD

middle cm set to advanced playmaker outside 2 cm

strikers set to Advanced forward

This has worked really well for me with any team.

Any rules for strikers? Should left-foot striker play on left side or right side? Should Messi play central st or should Cavani play central CM because he is taller?

• 11 months later...

Gone back to the original match engine.

the new one, is too frustrating at the moment and its a shame because it's obvious that has lot's of potential.

I always look at the match engine from this angle: if i apply the logic of real football building my tactic, and if my team is better than the opposition, i must win the majority of the game... simple as that.

With the original match engine this happens, with the new one... it doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...